Wiki Posts
Search

VX posting time to mileage plan?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2017, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by bmvaughn
It seems that applying using the form before 4 weeks after the flight will be met with a response of “wait all 4 weeks before filing”
https://www.alaskaair.com/MileagePlan/retrocredit

Credit eligibility requirements
Requests must meet these criteria:
Submitted at least 7 days after Alaska flight date (or 14 days after partner flight date)
If Alaska wants to change the rules on how to request credit for partner flights, perhaps to say "we need a month to credit flights from our wholly owned subsidiary we have to treat like a partner, because it's super specially slow for reasons", then they can say so on their website, as opposed to having me rely on Twitter hearsay posted on a message board. I'm fine with using their posted website policies. If it takes them a month or two to get back to me and credit after I submit that's fine- my status for 2018 is in the bag already.

Last edited by eponymous_coward; Oct 23, 2017 at 11:15 pm
Old Oct 23, 2017, 11:11 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
I’m confused how you seem to be calling my specific experience twice-over “hearsay”.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 11:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
I’m confused how you seem to be calling my specific experience twice-over “hearsay”.
Your specific experience of what an AS rep told you in a DM or whatever is not what they told me directly. The official communication that I have from AS is their website. It says "two weeks".

If they would like to officially change stated policy on how their mileage credit form works, I would appreciate it if it was communicated directly to all their potentially affected customers (such as on their website) as opposed to "well, this AS rep DM'ed me that it was a month to get VX credit so you shouldn't submit mileage credit forms until four weeks" on FT.

Don't take this as anything other than "hey, Alaska, if there's a problem here, let us ALL know, let's not have to chase you down in Twitter DMs one by one".

Last edited by eponymous_coward; Oct 23, 2017 at 11:39 pm
Old Oct 24, 2017, 8:11 am

I'll stick with what I've experienced twice over as what the policy is rather than get worked up with what the website may or may not say. YMMV

ETA... Funny enough... I also took the standard HUACA advice from FT, called Customer Care this evening, and the rep said she was aware of posting issues for recent flights. After 5mins on hold, she had my miles post including the fare code bonus. Easy peasy!

Last edited by bmvaughn; Oct 24, 2017 at 5:46 pm
Old Oct 24, 2017, 9:19 am

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Well, I submitted my request for 10/9. I had to click "don't have eTicket #" in order to get around the MCS glitch I mentioned above and when it asked for flight number I entered the VX number, which it took. No errors. We will see what the response is.

I know they are probably having issues but I think we all at least are due the courtesy of an explanation and an ET to resolve.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 11:38 am

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott Titanium, Delta Gold, United Silver
For those of you who've had the Virgin America flights post to your Alaska account - do those miles count towards your Million Mile Flyer or just elite status? I apologize if this question has already been addressed; I'm having trouble finding it.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 12:05 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by osubeavers01
For those of you who've had the Virgin America flights post to your Alaska account - do those miles count towards your Million Mile Flyer or just elite status?
I have more Virgin America flights than Alaska this year, and every one has counted towards the million miles.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by osubeavers01
For those of you who've had the Virgin America flights post to your Alaska account - do those miles count towards your Million Mile Flyer or just elite status? I apologize if this question has already been addressed; I'm having trouble finding it.
Indeed, the flight from 10/8 I had which just posted yesterday did award MM miles
Old Oct 25, 2017, 12:35 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott Titanium, Delta Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by tom911
I have more Virgin America flights than Alaska this year, and every one has counted towards the million miles.
Indeed, the flight from 10/8 I had which just posted yesterday did award MM miles
Thank you both! I already re-qualified for my 75K in the summer, so mostly concerned about my progress towards my million miler. I had a same day change to a Virgin America flight, so wasn't sure how useful the miles would be, but it sounds like I'm in good shape.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Wow, a VX flight posted from 10/8 already?? That's less than 4 weeks! Things must be "speeding" up
Old Oct 25, 2017, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Wow, a VX flight posted from 10/8 already?? That's less than 4 weeks! Things must be "speeding" up
Mine and my wife's from 10/3 and 10/10 still not posted, so don't get your hopes up. Submitted online request for both of us. Had to do Alaska flights as when tried to do partner everything was greyed out and unselectable except Alaska Airlines.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 1:58 pm
SST

Originally Posted by Baze
Mine and my wife's from 10/3 and 10/10 still not posted, so don't get your hopes up. Submitted online request for both of us. Had to do Alaska flights as when tried to do partner everything was greyed out and unselectable except Alaska Airlines.
We have flights from 9/30 and 10/3 that still have not posted. My response from submitting it through the website on 10/17 just came today: "Unfortunately, we are waiting for our system to be updated with air mileage files from September 30th to October 6th, 2017. I researched into your reservation, and noticed both Mileage Plan numbers are on the reservation. Once our system is updated, you will see the miles from your SFO-DEN round trip".

No time frame, no offer to post manually. 27 days and counting..... (seems like something has really gone wrong in the AS/VX integration. I never waited more than 10 days in the past.)
Old Oct 26, 2017, 3:52 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Mine and my wife's is from 10/9 so even after 10/6 is affected...

UPDATE: My 10/9 flights just posted.

Last edited by dmodemd; Oct 27, 2017 at 9:44 am
Old Oct 27, 2017, 12:44 pm

I just got an email stating 4 to 5 weeks processing time at the moment for VX to AS MP. Oh well. Just took another VX but booked that one on VX's website. See if that makes any difference
I'm like 80 miles from a 12.5k award and 2 flights pending

Last edited by trektheusa; Oct 27, 2017 at 3:08 pm
Old Oct 27, 2017, 9:44 pm

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
I've got a 6 segment MR from 10/6-10/8 that's not yet posted. a few days ago I emailed rather than using the web form. No reply yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.