Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Not showing on upgrade waitlist

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2018, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PV_Premier
were you on the upgrade list at the gate monitor?
I forgot to look since I got upgraded while clearing security. I was on the web page list the whole time, along with a few others. Nobody ever showed on the lost on the app.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 8:13 am

Programs: DL DM, AS MVPG, AA PP, UA 1K, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HH Gold, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Natl EE
I had an issue where a ticket was reissued to add a segment to the beging of the trip. It occurred right at T-72. There was U open in the second (original) segment of the ticket at the time but we didn’t clear. I called in and the phone agent said the U had been snagged by others. I confirmed we were on the upgrade wait list. At OLCI, we we’re on the waitlist for the first flight but we did not display in waitlist in the app for flight 2. I called on the phone. Assured again we were on both segment lists. Got to airport after connecting and GA said we weren’t in the list and now there was only 1 seat left. Didn’t want to break from companion. Agent blamed the reissue. Between reissues and SDC I feel like I’m never on the list - always a battle.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 1:03 pm

Programs: AS 75k, B6 Mosaic
Quick tip: If you're not showing on the waitlist - neither in app nor on the web site - try checking in again.

I had this happen to me today. I was doing an SDC to an earlier flight; made the change in the app and checked in on the new flight. Not on waitlist. Waited 30 minutes, tried reloading, checked the web site from upthread - nothing.

Then I gratuitously checked in again through the app, no SDC; bam, showing on this list.

Cargo-culty ritual that just happened to work? Actual bug in AS backend for SDC checkins? Who knows! Worth a shot if you're stuck. Cheers!
BallardFlyer likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by mikeysf
Quick tip: If you're not showing on the waitlist - neither in app nor on the web site - try checking in again.

I had this happen to me today. I was doing an SDC to an earlier flight; made the change in the app and checked in on the new flight. Not on waitlist. Waited 30 minutes, tried reloading, checked the web site from upthread - nothing.

Then I gratuitously checked in again through the app, no SDC; bam, showing on this list.

Cargo-culty ritual that just happened to work? Actual bug in AS backend for SDC checkins? Who knows! Worth a shot if you're stuck. Cheers!
SDC at OLCI has always broken the upgrade process IME. Glad you found a possible workaround.
BallardFlyer likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 6:00 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
I checked in for a flight for which I received a 75K instant upgrade to Premium Class and reservation shows waitlisted for First. But both mobile app and website are only showing 5 confirmed upgrades to Premium Class (including me), but not showing anyone waitlisted for F. Is this expected? It is ex-Virgin if that makes any difference.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 12:26 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by spgaston
I checked in for a flight for which I received a 75K instant upgrade to Premium Class and reservation shows waitlisted for First. But both mobile app and website are only showing 5 confirmed upgrades to Premium Class (including me), but not showing anyone waitlisted for F. Is this expected? It is ex-Virgin if that makes any difference.
It's a single waitlist, so if you're on it, you're also waitlisted for First. It sounds like you're seeing 5 confirmed upgrades to PC, but non confirmed to F yet. If/when, those clear, the check-mark will have a solid green background and show an F seat assignment (vs the white background/green check for premium). It's a bit confusing as a single view, but it's what they've made available for now.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by Spiffieman
So...here is my dilemma. I have been flying recently with a companion who is an MVP. I am a 75k. We are on the same PNR. The last three times we have flown together, when I OLCI, her name is not right underneath mine, she is further down the list. From previous posts, it would appear that we would clear together at T-120 to T-2 hours. Since most upgrades aren't clearing until the gate, when we arrive at the airport, I go up and ask the gate agent to make sure that we would clear together because of my status. For the past three times this has happened, I have had to thoroughly explain the situation and then the gate agent has had to do some furious typing to finally get it to work. If I don't do this step, it sounds like I would have cleared and she wouldn't, which I don't want to happen. Last night, on AS 24 to BOS, Mary at the gate was amazing and got me taken care of me this time by removing my MVP traveling companions MP number and putting it back in, at least that is what she thinks might have fixed it (we didn't get the upgrade which was fine but at least her name was put under mine). Has anyone else had any clear cut way of telling the GA how to handle this? Or know if AS is trying to fix this issue? I have called the gold desk a couple of times and they haven't been aware of the problem.
I can attest this has happened to me and my wife numerous times, 100% of the time. Another thing that absolutely I can assure you of is if your name is NOT on the upgrade list on your mobile app then you are not on the upgrade list... period. No matter what the person or persons on the phone tell you. No matter what the agent might tell you checking in/checking a bag. No matter what the gate agent will tell you. You MUST get them to manually add you to the upgrade list and you must see it on your mobile app or you will clear upgrades when they start to go at the gate. I have first hand experience (painfully) of watching this happen. This isn't new... this has been happening for quite a while now.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 12:55 pm

Programs: Alaska 100k
Originally Posted by ASRobo
I can attest this has happened to me and my wife numerous times, 100% of the time. Another thing that absolutely I can assure you of is if your name is NOT on the upgrade list on your mobile app then you are not on the upgrade list... period. No matter what the person or persons on the phone tell you. No matter what the agent might tell you checking in/checking a bag. No matter what the gate agent will tell you. You MUST get them to manually add you to the upgrade list and you must see it on your mobile app or you will clear upgrades when they start to go at the gate. I have first hand experience (painfully) of watching this happen. This isn't new... this has been happening for quite a while now.
Whenever I fly with my SO (non-elite), she never shows on the upgrade list at the gate. But to say that she isn't on the upgrade list isn't totally accurate - just partially.

If there is >2U space available between t-72 and gate control, we will both clear automatically.

If it goes to gate/airport control, SO will not show on the upgrade list. From there it seems to be hit or miss whether she gets upgraded. A few times, the agent has paged me to the podium to give me two new boarding passes. But usually the agent just clears me and skips to the next person. An agent once explained to me that they have to manually look to see if the companion is eligible and most gate agents don't bother and just look at the gate list.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.