Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

I keep getting error when i using Alaska mile booking Virgin america first class tic

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I keep getting error when i using Alaska mile booking Virgin america first class tic

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2017, 10:31 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond

Everything looks good until final step. Any one has same problem?

Last edited by maxswanson; Jan 9, 2017 at 10:37 pm
Old Jan 9, 2017, 10:57 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, HH Diamond
Nope. Booked a pair ten minutes ago with no trouble.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 11:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
I also didn't have that problem...
Old Jan 9, 2017, 11:02 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kieron
Nope. Booked a pair ten minutes ago with no trouble.
i tried to book sfo to ewr at 25k for first class.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 12:41 am
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
What error are you getting?
Old Jan 10, 2017, 2:47 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by missydarlin
What error are you getting?

The request was not successful. See the red message(s) below. Space on partner flights cannot be confirmed. Please change the dates, cities, or flights of your original request.

To continue, shop again for other fare and flight options.If this problem continues, please call 1-800-ALASKAAIR (1-800-252-7522) for other fare and flight options.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
I found that i get random booking errors when i attempt to select seats during the purchase process. I usually have to press the purchase button a few times then it goes through without the seat selections. Same happened here for me as well.

Last edited by CDKing; Jan 10, 2017 at 11:22 am
Old Jan 10, 2017, 10:19 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by maxswanson
If this problem continues, please call 1-800-ALASKAAIR (1-800-252-7522) for other fare and flight options.
I suggest you follow the directions to further diagnose the error
Old Jan 10, 2017, 10:51 am

Programs: Alaska 100k
Sounds like a similar error given when trying to book phantom award space on EK, et. al. Could just be a bug with the VX integration, it is relatively new after all. Just call and report back what they say.

Originally Posted by mroseman13
I suggest you follow the directions to further diagnose the error
^
Old Jan 10, 2017, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
One i had the error with i went back in and it was no longer available but picked similar flights and it went through.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 2:10 pm

Could it be that its because VX and Alaska does not have a "live booking" and the last step checks for award availability and somehow the numbers don't appear to match in terms of A Class F Class 0 but Alaska shows as 1 seat being available and perhaps someone on Virgin booked the last seat just as you were about to complete the booking?

Just a thought. Perhaps others can weigh in especially since VX/Alaska are still integrating their systems.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 9:20 pm

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
Originally Posted by danielonn
Could it be that its because VX and Alaska does not have a "live booking" and the last step checks for award availability and somehow the numbers don't appear to match in terms of A Class F Class 0 but Alaska shows as 1 seat being available and perhaps someone on Virgin booked the last seat just as you were about to complete the booking?

Just a thought. Perhaps others can weigh in especially since VX/Alaska are still integrating their systems.
You are pretty close. Even when I have seen F inventory on the VX site, I ended up calling to get the upgrade. I'm seeing grumbles now, but the pre AS merger Gold line served me very well over 3+ years with never a single issue they could not resolve.

Last edited by ptownca; Feb 21, 2017 at 10:43 pm
Old Jan 11, 2017, 6:21 am
Suspended
Original Poster

I called Alaska and the agent find the same quote but cannot get it ticketed. She said she also do not know the reason.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 10:23 pm
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Has anyone been able to book any award on Virgin with a stopover?

For example, Multi-city booking gives the elusive 1610 error when booking JFK-sfo and sfo-pdx, even though both are available as one-way. Phone agent got the same results and the rate desk couldn't really explain it, other than that it couldn't be done.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by TravelerMSY
Has anyone been able to book any award on Virgin with a stopover?

For example, Multi-city booking gives the elusive 1610 error when booking JFK-sfo and sfo-pdx, even though both are available as one-way. Phone agent got the same results and the rate desk couldn't really explain it, other than that it couldn't be done.
For all practical purposes, VX is an AS partner and unless it is an international ticket, I believe free domestic stopovers are only allowed on AS (metal) flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.