Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Warm beer

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2017, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Warm beer

Does anyone else find that the beer is served too warm (usually room temperature) on Alaska? Same goes for the wines, especially white wines and sparkling wines).
Old Jan 9, 2017, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
I find the wine is too cold. After spending a week in China i'm used to drinking warm beer now
Old Jan 9, 2017, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
Does anyone else find that the beer is served too warm (usually room temperature) on Alaska? Same goes for the wines, especially white wines and sparkling wines).
Never had warm beer or wine on AS/QX.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 3:51 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Let's remember that it's an airplane, not a tap room.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
The beer and white/sparkling wine is chilled by bags of ice. When the ice melts the beer and wine start to lose the chill. Depending on the length of the flight, it could be served less than ice cold. I like my beer to be ice cold and I like a chilled white so I can appreciate your comments. There are times when the beer isn't ice cold.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by AS Flyer
The beer and white/sparkling wine is chilled by bags of ice. When the ice melts the beer and wine start to lose the chill. Depending on the length of the flight, it could be served less than ice cold. I like my beer to be ice cold and I like a chilled white so I can appreciate your comments. There are times when the beer isn't ice cold.
For some beer, it's better at cellar temperature or just below it (particularly Alaskan Amber as an altbier).

Last edited by eponymous_coward; Jan 9, 2017 at 9:34 pm
Old Jan 9, 2017, 8:58 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Most airlines serve the beer too warm. If they all served beer that tasted good at 60 degrees F it wouldn't be such a problem. I have had a few warm beers on European airlines that were drinkable at that temperature. Among US based airlines Southwest seems to do the best job of having their beer properly chilled.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 9:30 pm

Beer in F on Alaska and Skywest partner flights has been cold, in my experience.

On Horizon, the #freebeer is usually room temp. I'm not complaining, though.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 10:17 pm

Programs: AS 75K, DL PM
I have found that on OO the beer is room temp and as such I switched to liquor. 9/10 times the beer on QX is cold. Sometimes slushie. I have never flown AS so I can't speak to the beer on that one.
Now if we can start scoring some Double IPA's or Barley wine that will be a good day. Yes I know most of the cabin will turn it down but I will happily bear the burden of drinking it.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 10:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Idaho Territory
I have found that on OO the beer is room temp and as such I switched to liquor. 9/10 times the beer on QX is cold. Sometimes slushie. I have never flown AS so I can't speak to the beer on that one.
Now if we can start scoring some Double IPA's or Barley wine that will be a good day. Yes I know most of the cabin will turn it down but I will happily bear the burden of drinking it.
G75K and no AS metal?

Barley wine would be fun
Old Jan 9, 2017, 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by AS Flyer
The beer and white/sparkling wine is chilled by bags of ice. When the ice melts the beer and wine start to lose the chill.
Do AS Aircraft not have chillers?
Old Jan 9, 2017, 11:24 pm

Programs: AS 75K, DL PM
Originally Posted by beckoa
G75K and no AS metal?
Mine was done the hard way. All QX and a few OO. One day I'll take the big plane.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 12:13 am

Originally Posted by ATLMike1234
Do AS Aircraft not have chillers?
I'm not aware of any U.S. airlines that have "chillers" on their domestic fleet.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 12:46 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
You mean all that activity that goes on before flight on the underside of the plane is not the AS sommelier getting the bottles of wine from the onboard cellar?
Old Jan 10, 2017, 1:06 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by jsguyrus
You mean all that activity that goes on before flight on the underside of the plane is not the AS sommelier getting the bottles of wine from the onboard cellar?
There must be a lot of broken bottles judging by the thuds I hear.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.