Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Special Services VX - 10K Bonus?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2017, 5:37 pm

Programs: AA Plat, MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
I used the link referenced by notquiteaff (https://www.alaskaair.com/elevatemember/split) a few weeks ago to link my accounts and received the bonus. Under the "How can we help?" section I clicked the third option - "Link my Elevate account to a different Mileage Plan account" - and then entered my information. For reference, my accounts were never linked in the first place, but since I received the 10k bonus, I'm guessing it worked for linking accounts.

Edit: Never received an e-mail to link my accounts. Instead, I read about it randomly and sought out a way to link my accounts.

Last edited by aves17; Jan 8, 2017 at 7:51 pm
Old Jan 8, 2017, 5:54 pm

I also got this. I xfered 40K SPG to VX the day before the deadline. It was more of an impulse transfer.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 6:09 pm

I didn't receive an email from AS, but 10K miles also showed up in my account today.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hmmm, Elevate members getting even more and AS people still getting squat. Which airline bought which airline again?
Old Jan 8, 2017, 6:18 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
printing miles is fun. inflation, anybody?
Old Jan 8, 2017, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by aves17
I used the link referenced by notquiteaff (https://www.alaskaair.com/elevatemember/split) a few weeks ago to link my accounts and received the bonus. Under the "How can we help?" section I clicked the third option - "Link my Elevate account to a different Mileage Plan account" - and then entered my information. For reference, my accounts were never linked in the first place, but since I received the 10k bonus, I'm guessing it worked for linking accounts.
Well turns out my VX account DOB is wrong. Just realized that when i logged in to searching for a link accounts. I got immediate popup on login w/ pre approval for the VX signature card (declined for premium card a few weeks ago) and it listed the wrong DOB on the application. Good news is the card was approved so if I don't get the 10K linking bonus I'll at least get 10,000 elevate points when I reach the $1k minimum spend as a consolation prize
Old Jan 8, 2017, 6:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Baze
Hmmm, Elevate members getting even more and AS people still getting squat. Which airline bought which airline again?
How do you know those who received the 10k miles aren't AS members before the merge? At least one lists MVPG75k in the FT profile. Did AS status match from Elevate to that level?
Old Jan 8, 2017, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
How do you know those who received the 10k miles aren't AS members before the merge? At least one lists MVPG75k in the FT profile. Did AS status match from Elevate to that level?
Didn't say they weren't MP members before the merger, but it appears they are getting the miles based on being Elevate members and linking the accounts. Don't see any posts from people who are not Elevate members getting it.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 6:37 pm

Programs: AA Plat, MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
AS MVP Gold here with no status on VX and my only points in my VX account coming from the random 500 points (x3) for signing up for various news letters from Virgin.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aves17
AS MVP Gold here with no status on VX and my only points in my VX account coming from the random 500 points (x3) for signing up for various news letters from Virgin.
Think you just proved my point.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Didn't say they weren't MP members before the merger, but it appears they are getting the miles based on being Elevate members and linking the accounts. Don't see any posts from people who are not Elevate members getting it.

You said "AS people getting squat", though. Lots of people here have accounts with multiple programs. I have a VX account with maybe 3000 points in it. So what you mean is AS members without VX account to link are getting squat?

I think we don't have sufficient data points to determine who is getting these points. For the time being I am an AS person *with* VX account and I have gotten squat. I sent my account numbers to the Twitter team, who forwarded it for "linking". We'll see if that triggers anything.

Maybe try to register for a new Elevate account if you don't have one.

https://www.virginamerica.com/elevat...-flyer/sign-up

Last edited by notquiteaff; Jan 8, 2017 at 6:56 pm Reason: Typos
Old Jan 8, 2017, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You said "AS people getting squat", though. Lots of people here have accounts with multiple programs. I have a VX account with maybe 3000 points in it. So what you mean is AS members without VX account to link are getting squat?

I think we don't don't have sufficient data points to determine who is getting these points. For the time being I am an AS person *with* VX account and I have gotten squat. I send my account numbers to the Twitter team, how forwarded for "linking". We'll see if that triggers anything.
Ok, sorry, people that are members of AS but not VX. Is that better?
Old Jan 8, 2017, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ok, sorry, people that are members of AS but not VX. Is that better?
Maybe. Who knows. What about people with VX but not AS accounts?
Old Jan 8, 2017, 6:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K 3 Million/ex-many year GS, AA PLT/2 Mil, AS MVPG, HH Dia, Starwood Life Plat, Hertz PC
I certainly understand AS focusing on retaining the FF folks from their acquisition but in the process it will be really easy to lose loyalty from their own customers if they keep this stuff up without any attention to those who merely fly and buy AS. Loyalty is easier to lose than to win.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Maybe. Who knows. What about people with VX but not AS accounts?
Well, if they don't have AS accounts yet they obviously won't get 10K AS points. Come on, be real.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.