Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Consolidated 739/ER reconfigured F/PE/Y 16/24/138 Thread [Completed]

Consolidated 739/ER reconfigured F/PE/Y 16/24/138 Thread [Completed]

    Hide Wikipost
Old Oct 25, 17, 10:06 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: SOCguy
Wiki Link
See below in the expanded wiki for the list of the reconfigured aircraft.

December 3, 2015 Alaska announced a reconfiguration of its fleet.

Originally Posted by alaskaair.com/newsroom
Seats in the Premium Class section will have at least 35" of pitch, compared to 31" to 32" in the rest of the main cabin. To make room for the Premium Class while maintaining pitch in the main cabin, Alaska will reconfigure and reduce the number of seats available on some aircraft. Also, pitch in the First Class cabin will be increased from 36" to 42" providing a significantly enhanced experience for those customers.


Code:
Model Fleet count Current seats Reconfigured cabin
 (First class/Main cabin)(First class/Premium class/Main)
 
 737-800 61 16/147 12/30/117 [FT Thread]
 
 737-900/900ER 77 16/165 16/24/138
 
 E175 15 12/64 12/12/52
First -900 is N319AS. Should return to service in the second half of January.

The timeline for the -800's was just shy of four months. The -900/-900ER's will take just over a year.

List of reconfigured aircraft:

737-900

N302AS
N303AS
N305AS
N306AS
N307AS
N315AS
N317AS
N318AS
N319AS
N320AS
N323AS

737-900ER

N224AK
N236AK
N237AK
N238AK
N247AK
N248AK
N251AK
N253AK
N260AK
N263AK
N264AK
N265AK
N266AK
N267AK
N268AK
N270AK
N272AK
N273AK
N274AK
N275AK
N277AK
N278AK
N280AK
N403AS
N407AS
N408AS
N409AS
N413AS
N419AS
N428AS
N431AS
N433AS
N434AS
N435AS
N440AS
N442AS
N453AS
N457AS
N459AS
N461AS
N462AS
N468AS
N469AS
N472AS
N474AS
N477AS
N478AS
N479AS
N481AS
N483AS
N486AS
N487AS
N491AS
N492AS
N493AS
N494AS

Total: 67/75 (89.3% complete)

Last updated: 10/26/17


Previous thread discussing PE

You can find the scheduled tail number of your flight here:
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/as123
(replace as123 with as[your flight num])
However aircraft swaps are frequent, even up to the last hour.
Print Wikipost

Old Nov 7, 17, 7:57 am
  #121  
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: SEA
Posts: 235
Originally Posted by bigbirdwithsilverwings View Post
flew 442AS a 737-800 PDX-EWR in first row of F on 10/31. It was great. Flew 403AS, a supposedly reconfigured 737-900 in first row of F today. Both flights in 1D and F. Today's 900 had appreciably less leg room than the 800 on 10/31---anybody know what's up w/that? I thought both were supposed to have 41" pitch?
N442AS flew SAN-EWR-PDX-SAN on 10/31. You were likely on N513AS, it flew PDX-EWR-PDX.

The 900/90ER's share the same seat pitch. Row 1 increased 4" from the previous configuration, while the rest of first increased 5" to 41" pitch.
The 800 row 1 has 4" extra over the current 900/900ER. The rest of first has 42" pitch.
Putzy is offline  
Old Nov 7, 17, 11:56 pm
  #122  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: ANC, MRI
Programs: AS MVP Gold75K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott LTG, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Posts: 41,927
Originally Posted by Putzy View Post
N442AS flew SAN-EWR-PDX-SAN on 10/31. You were likely on N513AS, it flew PDX-EWR-PDX.

The 900/90ER's share the same seat pitch. Row 1 increased 4" from the previous configuration, while the rest of first increased 5" to 41" pitch.
The 800 row 1 has 4" extra over the current 900/900ER. The rest of first has 42" pitch.
Wow, so row 1 on the 73H has the most pitch? Crazy.
beckoa is offline  
Old Dec 13, 17, 1:29 am
  #123  
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Seattle, Wa
Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
Posts: 2,372
Seing a non reconfigured 739 seat map on 21st January Res SEA-DTW AS792. Surprising?
flyupfrnt is offline  
Old Dec 13, 17, 1:42 am
  #124  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: ANC, MRI
Programs: AS MVP Gold75K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott LTG, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Posts: 41,927
Originally Posted by flyupfrnt View Post
Seing a non reconfigured 739 seat map on 21st January Res SEA-DTW AS792. Surprising?
Seems AS has just over 10% to go. Imagine there are not many reconfigs going on over the holidays... and once Jan rolls around they'll be finished up pretty quick.
beckoa is offline  
Old Jan 4, 18, 12:59 pm
  #125  
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Anchorage, AK
Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG75K, AA, DL, HH-G
Posts: 7,566
AS had 10% left at the end of October.

Total: 67/75 (89.3% complete)

Last updated: 10/26/17

Any word on when this project will be complete? Should be soon I would think.
BOB W is offline  
Old Jan 5, 18, 1:50 am
  #126  
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: SEA
Posts: 235
It looks like there are three planes left to be reconfigured, 402, 448 and 464.

I believe the 700's will be getting interior upgrades starting in 09-2018.
Putzy is offline  
Old Jan 5, 18, 11:38 am
  #127  
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: PDX
Programs: AS (MVP), UA (silver), AA, DL, Hilton (Gold)
Posts: 230
Ok I'm confused. I tried to sort it out between FT and AS press releases.

So all but 1 of the 800's now have PE according to Consolidated 73H reconfigured F/PE/Y 12/30/117 Thread [They're out there!]

And this thread shows ~90% of the 900's do.

Is there a move to remove the bulk-heads on the 800's as well? Or any other changes? Wasn't there a new F seat rolled out? As a side note what is the point of the bulkheads between F/Y anyway? Was there a historical structural importance and then airlines just left them as cabin divider? I imagine weight and potentially not having to have airbags in row 6 is a reason for removing them.
pfpdx is offline  
Old Jan 5, 18, 11:45 am
  #128  
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Anchorage, AK
Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG75K, AA, DL, HH-G
Posts: 7,566
Originally Posted by pfpdx View Post
Ok I'm confused. I tried to sort it out between FT and AS press releases.

So all but 1 of the 800's now have PE according to Consolidated 73H reconfigured F/PE/Y 12/30/117 Thread [They're out there!]

And this thread shows ~90% of the 900's do.

Is there a move to remove the bulk-heads on the 800's as well? Or any other changes? Wasn't there a new F seat rolled out? As a side note what is the point of the bulkheads between F/Y anyway? Was there a historical structural importance and then airlines just left them as cabin divider? I imagine weight and potentially not having to have airbags in row 6 is a reason for removing them.
Taking the bulkheads out would be a smart move. They have no structural significance.

There will be a new F seat with the rollout scheduled for sometime in 2019. It takes that long from the time the order is placed until they are actually delivered.
BOB W is offline  
Old Jan 5, 18, 12:01 pm
  #129  
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: PDX
Programs: AS (MVP), UA (silver), AA, DL, Hilton (Gold)
Posts: 230
Originally Posted by BOB W View Post
Taking the bulkheads out would be a smart move. They have no structural significance.

There will be a new F seat with the rollout scheduled for sometime in 2019. It takes that long from the time the order is placed until they are actually delivered.

Ok. So they will be messing with all the F layout again starting in 2019.
pfpdx is offline  
Old Jan 5, 18, 12:08 pm
  #130  
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Programs: AS MVPG, HH G
Posts: 219
Originally Posted by beckoa View Post
Seems AS has just over 10% to go. Imagine there are not many reconfigs going on over the holidays... and once Jan rolls around they'll be finished up pretty quick.
Seeing the same thing for AS673 DEN-SEA, which is listed as a -900 and had been showing premium class as late as yesterday. This morning, it's a non-PC seat map. Even with a 90% chance of it being a converted one, I think I'll stick with my row 17 seat until I know for sure if it is PC-equipped.
RaginPlainsman is offline  
Old Jan 5, 18, 1:00 pm
  #131  
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: PDX USA
Programs: AS MVPG, AA, BA, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum, IHG, Hertz 5*
Posts: 680
Did a search and couldn't locate what I was looking for, so my apologies for duplication...
What is the seat pitch difference between PE and Exit rows? Seat guru shows 35" for PE, but I cannot located row 16/17 seat pitch info anywhere. Does anyone have a link or info they can share?
Trying to decide if I should keep my exit row seat or jump up to PE.
pdxasflyer is offline  
Old Jan 5, 18, 6:41 pm
  #132  
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 216
Originally Posted by pdxasflyer View Post
Did a search and couldn't locate what I was looking for, so my apologies for duplication...
What is the seat pitch difference between PE and Exit rows? Seat guru shows 35" for PE, but I cannot located row 16/17 seat pitch info anywhere. Does anyone have a link or info they can share?
Trying to decide if I should keep my exit row seat or jump up to PE.
Exit Row on 800/900/900ER is 38.
Bay Area Blue is offline  
Old Jan 5, 18, 10:53 pm
  #133  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: ANC, MRI
Programs: AS MVP Gold75K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott LTG, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Posts: 41,927
Originally Posted by Bay Area Blue View Post


Exit Row on 800/900/900ER is 38.
A beautiful 38" too ^
beckoa is offline  
Old Jan 8, 18, 9:47 am
  #134  
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Seattle WA
Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott LT Gold
Posts: 1,772
Originally Posted by pfpdx View Post
Ok I'm confused. I tried to sort it out between FT and AS press releases.

So all but 1 of the 800's now have PE according to Consolidated 73H reconfigured F/PE/Y 12/30/117 Thread [They're out there!]
I thought all the -800s had been done (for a while now)....
Tracer_SEA is offline  
Old Jan 8, 18, 7:28 pm
  #135  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: ANC, MRI
Programs: AS MVP Gold75K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott LTG, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Posts: 41,927
Originally Posted by Tracer_SEA View Post
I thought all the -800s had been done (for a while now)....
Correct; I don't think the thread had a final update yet.
beckoa is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: