Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? (2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2017, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Seat 2A
How to find out what the meal service will be for a specific Alaska Air flight:
1) On the website, use the "Explore" tab and select "Flight Schedules" from the left-hand side of the drop-down menu.

2) Plug in your city-pair and your week of travel, and the site will pull up all of the Alaska Air flights for that week.

3) Find your flight number on the list. From there you can see what's offered for the meal service. There are two columns corresponding to first class and coach.
A) In first class the codes are (B-breakfast; L-lunch; D-dinner; S-snack).

B) For coach the section may be blank (meaning beverage service and for-purchase cold snack-packs). Or it may show "F" or "F,F" to indicate there are other items for purchase on longer routes like a cheese plate, or in some cases the Beecher's breakfast sandwich or one of the Tom Douglas items.

What *specifically* is offered in first class for B, L, D, or S is the source of much discussion in this thread.
Sometimes a S (snack) will seem more substantial than what's offered as L (lunch). That's where searching this thread can be of assistance.

As near as I can tell for the coach section:
Blank = snack packs only;
"F" = snack packs and cheese plates offered;
"F,F" = snack packs, cheese plate, plus one other item on offer.
Please feel free to edit if that assumption is not correct.

For anyone desiring a more structured or organized submission, here is a template (You'll need to add a / before the last bracketed B as in [/b]):

[B]Date of Flight[B]:
[B]Flight Number and Route flown[B]:
[B]Time of Departure[B]:
[B]Length of flight[B]:
[B]Class of service[B]:
[B]Pre-Departure Beverage service[B]:
[B]Meal served[B]:
[B]Meal Description[B]: .

[B]Additional Comments[B]:
Print Wikipost

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? (2017)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2017, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by Carfield
Date of Flight: October 10, 2017
Flight Number and Route flown: AS 605 LAS-SEA
Time of Departure: 1:15pm
Length of flight: 2:03
Class of service: First
Meal served: So-called "Lunch"
Meal Description: Quinoa Salad with grilled chicken breast & Caesar dressing, ciabatta roll & Double crunch brownie

Simply disgusting! There is no seasoning and I guess Alaska is cutting back on seasoning now.

Asked there were very few actual greens, I used the Caesar salad dressing as the seasoning itself ("sauce").
Old Oct 15, 2017, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by Yellowjj
That chicken looks like when I take leftover curry out the fridge, after it has cooled down and congealed. Literally no sauce.

Curry works better with cut up chicken versus big chunks of chicken. It allows the seasoning to penetrate the meat better. I have no doubt that breast lacked any flavoring under the skin.

And if your doing curry with pasta (which in itself is a risk unless you know how to season curry correctly); couscous is simply the wrong type.
This meal looks like a complete disaster
Old Oct 15, 2017, 5:33 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
This meal looks like a complete disaster
I sincerely hope every one of you who has had one of these awful meals on AS writes to them loud and clear that it's unacceptable. Doesn't do any good if you just complain here.

We have a SMF-OGG-SMF trip in F coming up next week and hope we're not offered only one choice or 2 choices of ghastly food. We did this trip 6 months ago and the meals were pretty good.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by JIMCHI
I sincerely hope every one of you who has had one of these awful meals on AS writes to them loud and clear that it's unacceptable. Doesn't do any good if you just complain here.

We have a SMF-OGG-SMF trip in F coming up next week and hope we're not offered only one choice or 2 choices of ghastly food. We did this trip 6 months ago and the meals were pretty good.
I feel like AS catering is just kind of hit or miss these days. I've had great meals and ones I turned down. But, the Hawaii and transcon flights tend to have better catering and I've never been offered cereal on a flight to Hawaii, always two hot breakfast choices, so hopefully that hasn't changed recently.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 6:06 pm

Programs: DL Plat, AS MVPG, Bonvoy Plat/LT Gold, HH Diamond
AS304, SEA-SFO 12:05pm scheduled departure 10/18.

Snack in F offered was the hummus with greens with vegetables and pita rounds. I'd pre-ordered the fruit & cheese before getting upgraded, and the FA asked upon boarding if I'd prefer that. I did and he refused my credit card for payment.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
AS330 SEA-SJC (scheduled 1530 departure, actually pushed ~1600) had a similar “light snack” of spinach dip, veggies, and mini pita rounds ... the shiny orange Seattle Chocolates was of course Pumpkin Spice; I left it behind

Attached Images  
Old Oct 18, 2017, 8:42 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by jrl767
the little plastic airplane salt-and-pepper shaker was a very clever touch
WANT
Old Oct 18, 2017, 10:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
IHG Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
AS330 SEA-SJC (scheduled 1530 departure, actually pushed ~1600) had a similar “light snack” of spinach dip, veggies, and mini pita rounds ... the shiny orange Seattle Chocolates was of course Pumpkin Spice; I left it behind
Ugh... the rabbit food reemerged
Old Oct 19, 2017, 8:43 am

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Carfield
Date of Flight: October 10, 2017
Flight Number and Route flown: AS 605 LAS-SEA
Time of Departure: 1:15pm
Length of flight: 2:03
Class of service: First
Meal served: So-called "Lunch"
Meal Description: Quinoa Salad with grilled chicken breast & Caesar dressing, ciabatta roll & Double crunch brownie

Simply disgusting! There is no seasoning and I guess Alaska is cutting back on seasoning now.

I was just served this on my 5hr MEX-SFO; no other choices. I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt and assume this was double catered. Honestly terrible. I just matched from UA, and I have a feeling the food is really going to be the weak spot for AS...
Old Oct 26, 2017, 5:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott T
AS330 SEA-SJC
Just for reference, here is what DL serves from SEA to SFO/SJC.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28100001-post309.html
Old Oct 26, 2017, 6:55 pm

Programs: Oneworld (Emerald)
Dinner pre-order menu for IAD-SEA early November

With pre-ordering now available on select routes, is it appropriate to post the menu options? If anyone finds it helpful, here is the dinner pre-order menu from my IAD-SEA flight in the first week of November:

1) Chicken shakshuka
2) Fruit & Cheese Plate
3) Pappardelle Pasta
Attached Images  
Old Oct 26, 2017, 9:37 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
I was told that I would still have to pay for a fruit and cheese plate in F on my BWI-SEA flight on Tuesday. I wasn’t in the mood to argue so I took the cod/curry sans the cod.

i guess the memo hasn’t been read by everyone
Old Oct 26, 2017, 9:50 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by lalala
I was told that I would still have to pay for a fruit and cheese plate in F on my BWI-SEA flight on Tuesday. I wasn’t in the mood to argue so I took the cod/curry sans the cod.

i guess the memo hasn’t been read by everyone
Not surprising when AS keeps changing the policy. Look how long it took to educate "rogue" gate agents during last year's upgrade fiasco.

Although I wonder if the policy has really changed or it's "still pay for anything from the back, except if you preorder the F&C plate. If you wait until departure, or your flight isn't one of the trial routes, then you have to pay"?
Old Oct 27, 2017, 8:16 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Originally Posted by wylek
With pre-ordering now available on select routes, is it appropriate to post the menu options? If anyone finds it helpful, here is the dinner pre-order menu from my IAD-SEA flight in the first week of November:

1) Chicken shakshuka
2) Fruit & Cheese Plate
3) Pappardelle Pasta
I certainly find this helpful. Thanks!
Old Oct 27, 2017, 8:41 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Originally Posted by Westcoaster
I certainly find this helpful. Thanks!
Can we talk about Chicken Shakshuka.

It isn't shakshuka. Nope.

Alaska needs to stop elevating food and just serve something that is recognizable - protein that is seasoned, yet not salty with a starch that is edible and some vegetables.

Salads are not places to hide the excess lima beans you bought in the spring and have yet to use up.

lala

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.