Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? (2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2017, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Seat 2A
How to find out what the meal service will be for a specific Alaska Air flight:
1) On the website, use the "Explore" tab and select "Flight Schedules" from the left-hand side of the drop-down menu.

2) Plug in your city-pair and your week of travel, and the site will pull up all of the Alaska Air flights for that week.

3) Find your flight number on the list. From there you can see what's offered for the meal service. There are two columns corresponding to first class and coach.
A) In first class the codes are (B-breakfast; L-lunch; D-dinner; S-snack).

B) For coach the section may be blank (meaning beverage service and for-purchase cold snack-packs). Or it may show "F" or "F,F" to indicate there are other items for purchase on longer routes like a cheese plate, or in some cases the Beecher's breakfast sandwich or one of the Tom Douglas items.

What *specifically* is offered in first class for B, L, D, or S is the source of much discussion in this thread.
Sometimes a S (snack) will seem more substantial than what's offered as L (lunch). That's where searching this thread can be of assistance.

As near as I can tell for the coach section:
Blank = snack packs only;
"F" = snack packs and cheese plates offered;
"F,F" = snack packs, cheese plate, plus one other item on offer.
Please feel free to edit if that assumption is not correct.

For anyone desiring a more structured or organized submission, here is a template (You'll need to add a / before the last bracketed B as in [/b]):

[B]Date of Flight[B]:
[B]Flight Number and Route flown[B]:
[B]Time of Departure[B]:
[B]Length of flight[B]:
[B]Class of service[B]:
[B]Pre-Departure Beverage service[B]:
[B]Meal served[B]:
[B]Meal Description[B]: .

[B]Additional Comments[B]:
Print Wikipost

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? (2017)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2017, 11:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by BOB W
It takes a special person to go to Hawaii and then make Costco their first stop on the trip. Not many would admit to doing that.
Really? Don't you shop before you head to your condo? When the big planes land at KOA, Costco is PACKED. It's our first stop. Gotta load the fridge with essentials (beer, milk, OJ, ribs, beer, ahi, chicken, beer, etc).

OK, back on topic.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 12:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by BOB W
Eat the granola. Most people like mushrooms. They give you a choice.
This choice was missing at... Row 2!

I'd have been SOL.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 11:11 am

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
Originally Posted by beckoa
This choice was missing at... Row 2!

I'd have been SOL.
I just cleared into row 2, again, for SEA-FLL on Tuesday. Ill try to listen which seat is the lucky one with no other option!

i guess they cater 12 hot and 4 cold on the Florida flights.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 11:24 am

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
8/2 SAN-SEA 1130a departure: Reuben(?) or some sort of hot sandwich thing with turkey and some slaw & brownie. Smelled good, and looked good. I got a salad from Local Greens over at Liberty Market since I expected to sit in coach.

8/3 SEA-PHX 325p departure (~50-60 min delay to 415-420p): Thai chicken salad. Dinner at home was waiting so I just had an Alaskan Amber with my Biscoff cookies.

Originally Posted by philemer
Really? Don't you shop before you head to your condo? When the big planes land at KOA, Costco is PACKED. It's our first stop. Gotta load the fridge with essentials (beer, milk, OJ, ribs, beer, ahi, chicken, beer, etc).
You're forgetting pounds and pounds of mac nuts (chocolate covered and mango chipotle) and Anahola Granola. Costco (or Target if I land late) are my first and last stop in Maui for me, and it's just so convenient to OGG.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by tusphotog
8/2 SAN-SEA 1130a departure: Reuben(?) or some sort of hot sandwich thing with turkey and some slaw & brownie. Smelled good, and looked good. I got a salad from Local Greens over at Liberty Market since I expected to sit in coach.

8/3 SEA-PHX 325p departure (~50-60 min delay to 415-420p): Thai chicken salad. Dinner at home was waiting so I just had an Alaskan Amber with my Biscoff cookies.
You flew all the way to SEA to get to PHX from SAN
Old Aug 4, 2017, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by Yellowjj
You flew all the way to SEA to get to PHX from SAN
PHX-SAN-SEA on AA/AS outbound and SEA-PHX return. Unfortunately I had a conference call that sat right in the middle of any nonstop option I had to Seattle outside of that awful 6a departure or the afternoon flights that put me in to SEA in the middle of rush hour and too late for my dinner meeting.

Unusual circumstances, but the weather in SAN was perfect to sit outside and uh...work.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by tusphotog

You're forgetting pounds and pounds of mac nuts (chocolate covered and mango chipotle) and Anahola Granola. Costco (or Target if I land late) are my first and last stop in Maui for me, and it's just so convenient to OGG.
If there was an award for "most often upgraded and NOT eating the meal (or cookies) in first", you would win!
Old Aug 4, 2017, 10:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
AS 600, SEA-LAS, 8/4/2017

Krug and caviar. See pictures. I really appreciate the excellent stemware, and the mother of pearl serving spoon. The blinis, sour cream and toast points were a nice touch.
Attached Images  
Old Aug 4, 2017, 10:56 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
AS 600, SEA-LAS, 8/4/2017

Krug and caviar. See pictures. I really appreciate the excellent stemware, and the mother of pearl serving spoon. The blinis, sour cream and toast points were a nice touch.
But what about the F showers??? Or do we have to wait for the full trip report?

I wish the warm cookies (or cold cookies) were offered in place of the San Juan chocolate bite. Or several of the dessert options.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
SEA-IND started out being catered as a trans con but it appears it's been switched to mid-con catering like SEA-ORD.
Flight Number and Route flown: AS 501 IND-SEA
Time of Departure: ~7:15pm ET
Length of flight: ~4hours
Class of service: First
Pre-Departure Beverage service: Dasani water bottle
Meal served: Dinner
Meal Description:

Drink order, and then was told the meal would be a salad with italian dressing and a chicken curry for the entree.

Haven't flown AS F on longer routes enough to know what qualifies as transcon vs midcon.

Was started off with warmed mix nuts, a first for me on AS. Then was served the tray with only the salad (used to meal + salad + bread on AS).

Salad was just spinach, two wedge slices of tomoto and two small slices of cucumber. Served with Kraft Golden Italian dressing.

Entree plate was then served. The chicken curry was a Thai-esque curry served in a pretty small foil ramekin. It was served with gloopy rice, with some cilantro in it. The rice was mush and closer to porridge. On the side was an Asian-inspired cabbage slaw with carrots and some bell peppers. Unfortunately, in my slaw, I found a food label sticker in it probably from whatever the catering operation was chopping up.

About 1.5 hours before landing, served the AS cookies.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 1:24 pm

Please feed back via Alaska Listens about the foil ramekin - that's not service standard, as well as the slaw sticker (inattention to detail by caterer).
Old Aug 5, 2017, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by hoyohoyo123
Flight Number and Route flown: AS 501 IND-SEA
Time of Departure: ~7:15pm ET
Length of flight: ~4hours
Class of service: First
Pre-Departure Beverage service: Dasani water bottle
Meal served: Dinner
Meal Description:

Drink order, and then was told the meal would be a salad with italian dressing and a chicken curry for the entree.

Haven't flown AS F on longer routes enough to know what qualifies as transcon vs midcon.

Was started off with warmed mix nuts, a first for me on AS. Then was served the tray with only the salad (used to meal + salad + bread on AS).

Salad was just spinach, two wedge slices of tomoto and two small slices of cucumber. Served with Kraft Golden Italian dressing.

Entree plate was then served. The chicken curry was a Thai-esque curry served in a pretty small foil ramekin. It was served with gloopy rice, with some cilantro in it. The rice was mush and closer to porridge. On the side was an Asian-inspired cabbage slaw with carrots and some bell peppers. Unfortunately, in my slaw, I found a food label sticker in it probably from whatever the catering operation was chopping up.

About 1.5 hours before landing, served the AS cookies.
AS catering is being tweaked like crazy this summer...the cookies for dessert disappeared from mid cons like DFW-PDX and now it appears they are back as former trans con flights get turned into mid con flights.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
If there was an award for "most often upgraded and NOT eating the meal (or cookies) in first", you would win!
After nine years of commuting and flying a minimum of 125k miles per year, the food all looks and tastes the same. I do partake in the ice cream in AA F and the dry roasted peanuts on WN (honey roasted are an abomination).
Old Aug 5, 2017, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by VibeGuy
Please feed back via Alaska Listens about the foil ramekin - that's not service standard, as well as the slaw sticker (inattention to detail by caterer).
The foil ramekin seems to be Skywest service standard. I've sent feedback to Alaska Listens about it, but Skywest continues to serve the meals that way.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 5:31 pm

Programs: Free agent!
Originally Posted by Buster
The foil ramekin seems to be Skywest service standard. I've sent feedback to Alaska Listens about it, but Skywest continues to serve the meals that way.
IND - SEA is a mainline route, though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.