Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? (2017)

Old Jan 3, 2017, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Seat 2A
How to find out what the meal service will be for a specific Alaska Air flight:
1) On the website, use the "Explore" tab and select "Flight Schedules" from the left-hand side of the drop-down menu.

2) Plug in your city-pair and your week of travel, and the site will pull up all of the Alaska Air flights for that week.

3) Find your flight number on the list. From there you can see what's offered for the meal service. There are two columns corresponding to first class and coach.
A) In first class the codes are (B-breakfast; L-lunch; D-dinner; S-snack).

B) For coach the section may be blank (meaning beverage service and for-purchase cold snack-packs). Or it may show "F" or "F,F" to indicate there are other items for purchase on longer routes like a cheese plate, or in some cases the Beecher's breakfast sandwich or one of the Tom Douglas items.

What *specifically* is offered in first class for B, L, D, or S is the source of much discussion in this thread.
Sometimes a S (snack) will seem more substantial than what's offered as L (lunch). That's where searching this thread can be of assistance.

As near as I can tell for the coach section:
Blank = snack packs only;
"F" = snack packs and cheese plates offered;
"F,F" = snack packs, cheese plate, plus one other item on offer.
Please feel free to edit if that assumption is not correct.

For anyone desiring a more structured or organized submission, here is a template (You'll need to add a / before the last bracketed B as in [/b]):

[B]Date of Flight[B]:
[B]Flight Number and Route flown[B]:
[B]Time of Departure[B]:
[B]Length of flight[B]:
[B]Class of service[B]:
[B]Pre-Departure Beverage service[B]:
[B]Meal served[B]:
[B]Meal Description[B]: .

[B]Additional Comments[B]:
Print Wikipost

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? (2017)

Old Apr 4, 2017, 8:00 am

Programs: United Premier Gold (Million Miler), Alaska MVP Gold 75K, Hilton Diamond Lifetime
Originally Posted by gba
Flew IAD-SEA last night, F had a spinach salad with beets and goat cheese, choice of cod with curry sauce or pesto ravioli, and cheesecake to finish. Snack basket was offered 90 minutes out.
I flew the same flight last Saturday, chose the cod -- which was fine. One thing I thought was weird: they gave us Biscoff with our pre-dinner drinks (at 7PM?) and then brought us the warm nuts just before landing (when I typically get a coffee).
Old Apr 7, 2017, 1:29 pm

Programs: HH Gold; AA AAdvantage Mbr; DL Skymiles Silver Medallion; World of Hyatt Mbr; NK Free Spirit Mbr
Any info on what's being served in F on the SkyWest E175s this month between MKE and SEA? We fly AS 3423 MKE-SEA one week from today and it's a dinner flight. Our return AS 3392 on 4/18 is a lunch flight.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 4:37 am

Programs: AS 100K, UA 1K, VA Platinum, HA Platinum, QF Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
Anyone do the SEA-JFK red eye recently? Hoping to find out what the snack will be .... hummus plate? Cookies? cheese platter?

Ive experienced the regular meal time breakfast/lunch/dinner transcons quite a bit but this is a first to be on the overnight flight scheduled for 9:30pm tomorrow. Usually I try to sleep on red eyes when the flight leaves closer to midnight but Im hoping for a more substantial snack etc as I eat late dinners anyway.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 12:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
I'm on the ANC-LAX redeye Monday night. Probably the same meal as SEA-JFK if you can report back.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 5:45 pm

Programs: DL Plat, AS MVPG, Bonvoy Plat/LT Gold, HH Diamond
AS 34, 10:15a SEA-ORD 4/10/17

Pre-departure beverage: FA came around with seconds of water bottles. Whee!

Lunch: Bahn mi sandwich, which I think is covered elsewhere in the thread, plus Dancing Deer lemon square. Warmed nuts came about an hour after lunch was completed.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 3:31 pm

Anyone have updates on PDX - HNL morning route (flying NEXT Friday).
Old Apr 11, 2017, 4:10 pm

Programs: AS G75K
4/11 6:45am SEA-SMF

Bottles at seats.
PDB of Coffee or OJ.
Breakfast was a breakfast wrap with eggs, cheese, spinach & mushrooms in a spinach wrap. Side of fruit. Everything was great! These wraps seem to hold up better than the sandwiches when it comes to reheating. The FA really nailed the pacing in this short flight.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 12:13 pm

Programs: MP MVP Gold; Hilton - Gold; Marriott - Silver;
can anyone provide any insight as to the offerings on the following?

Flight: Alaska 39
Equipment: Boeing 737-700
Departs: Minneapolis (MSP) on Fri, Apr 14 at 6:30 am
Arrives: Seattle (SEA) on Fri, Apr 14 at 8:07 am

Flight: Alaska 332
Equipment: Boeing 737-800
Departs: Seattle (SEA) on Fri, Apr 14 at 11:45 am
Arrives: San Jose, CA (SJC) on Fri, Apr 14 at 1:48 pm
Old Apr 13, 2017, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by mrapollinax
can anyone provide any insight as to the offerings on the following?

Flight: Alaska 39
Equipment: Boeing 737-700
Departs: Minneapolis (MSP) on Fri, Apr 14 at 6:30 am
Arrives: Seattle (SEA) on Fri, Apr 14 at 8:07 am

Flight: Alaska 332
Equipment: Boeing 737-800
Departs: Seattle (SEA) on Fri, Apr 14 at 11:45 am
Arrives: San Jose, CA (SJC) on Fri, Apr 14 at 1:48 pm
AS39 will be a single hot breakfast offering with a side of fruit or similar. A snack basket may or may not be available later in the flight.

AS332 will be a 'snack' flight, but this will be either a half a sandwich type offering, or an entree type salad. If you're used to eating a bigger lunch, you should buy something in Seattle and bring it with you.

If you are in paid or award F, you can access the AS Lounge in SEA and there you can get pancakes off the pancake printer as well as a few other food options.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 6:12 pm

Programs: DL Plat, AS MVPG, Bonvoy Plat/LT Gold, HH Diamond
4/13 AS 23, 10:00am ORD-SEA

Bottled water at seats; I was surprised to see a brand bottled in Alaska so assume it was catered on the incoming ANC-ORD flight.

Lunch was a green salad with balsamic dressing followed by the Costco-style tortellini. The pasta had a creamy white sauce and some shredded Parmesan. Lemon square on the tray for dessert. Served in courses ^, no second option. I saw one passenger get the F&C from the back and she was charged.

Warm nuts about an hour after lunch service was completed.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 6:21 pm

Programs: Alaska. AA, Kris, QFF, Lifemiles, BA+
Smile

They have definitely lifted their game!
The EWR-PDX menu and execution was excellent: up to AA transcon F standard.
The PDX-LAX banh mi snack was surprisingly good.
Tortellinigate is in the past.
Attached Images    
Old Apr 14, 2017, 6:40 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by cleobasset
Only if two days ago is "the past."
Old Apr 14, 2017, 7:15 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by cleobasset
They have definitely lifted their game!
The EWR-PDX menu and execution was excellent: up to AA transcon F standard.
The PDX-LAX banh mi snack was surprisingly good.
The salad looks disgusting and the entree portion is tiny.
To each their own of course.

I haven't lived in PDX or been on AS in 3 years and they are still serving the Bahn Mi I see. Which is tasty.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by Seat 2A
Sorry about posting this here, but the 2016 thread has been closed. I expect we'll see the meal described herein again as it cycles through in a couple of months.

Date of Flight: December 30, 2016
Flight Number and Route flown: AS 3392 SEA-MKE (Operated by SkyWest)
Time of Departure: 9:10am
Length of flight: 3:00
Class of service: First
Pre-Departure Beverage service: Bottled water doled out just prior to pushback
Meal served: Breakfast
Meal Description: The single option offered was described as a Breakfast Quesadilla. It was accompanied by a nice looking fruit plate and a couple of ramekins filled with guacamole and salsa.

Additional Comments: For a three hour mid-con flight, I was a bit underwhelmed by this meal service. It seemed better suited to a secondary west coast market like PDX-BUR. Typically longer routes get more and better meal offerings but of course this is SkyWest and it's possible the Embraer 175 used to operate this flight may have limited galley facilities.

That said, the tortilla was filled with a reasonably tasty portion of scrambled eggs, cheese and veggies. The guac and salsa were nice additions, and overall my only real complaint is that, like Oliver Twist, I would have liked a bit more food.

Finally, here's wishing a happy and healthy New Year to all with special mention and best wishes for a full recovery to fellow meal reporter extraordinaire AKCuisine.
Thanks for being so diligent about reporting! It was helpful to confirm that breakfast is offered in F on the RJs, though it sounds like it's a bit sparse. Still, it may be the difference between a family member flying tomorrow morning needing to get food in SEA vs. waiting to eat on-board.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by apodo77
The salad looks disgusting and the entree portion is tiny.
To each their own of course.

I haven't lived in PDX or been on AS in 3 years and they are still serving the Bahn Mi I see. Which is tasty.
I agree....the salad looks, um, downright yucky....when the poster said the meal was up to AA F transcon I thought I might see a picture of an ice cream sundae, but alas, it was the more typical cheesecake desert.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.