Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? (2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2017, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Seat 2A
How to find out what the meal service will be for a specific Alaska Air flight:
1) On the website, use the "Explore" tab and select "Flight Schedules" from the left-hand side of the drop-down menu.

2) Plug in your city-pair and your week of travel, and the site will pull up all of the Alaska Air flights for that week.

3) Find your flight number on the list. From there you can see what's offered for the meal service. There are two columns corresponding to first class and coach.
A) In first class the codes are (B-breakfast; L-lunch; D-dinner; S-snack).

B) For coach the section may be blank (meaning beverage service and for-purchase cold snack-packs). Or it may show "F" or "F,F" to indicate there are other items for purchase on longer routes like a cheese plate, or in some cases the Beecher's breakfast sandwich or one of the Tom Douglas items.

What *specifically* is offered in first class for B, L, D, or S is the source of much discussion in this thread.
Sometimes a S (snack) will seem more substantial than what's offered as L (lunch). That's where searching this thread can be of assistance.

As near as I can tell for the coach section:
Blank = snack packs only;
"F" = snack packs and cheese plates offered;
"F,F" = snack packs, cheese plate, plus one other item on offer.
Please feel free to edit if that assumption is not correct.

For anyone desiring a more structured or organized submission, here is a template (You'll need to add a / before the last bracketed B as in [/b]):

[B]Date of Flight[B]:
[B]Flight Number and Route flown[B]:
[B]Time of Departure[B]:
[B]Length of flight[B]:
[B]Class of service[B]:
[B]Pre-Departure Beverage service[B]:
[B]Meal served[B]:
[B]Meal Description[B]: .

[B]Additional Comments[B]:
Print Wikipost

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? (2017)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2017, 1:47 am

Programs: DL DM, 1MM AA PLT 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, and...Smiles Diamante
I just wanted to offer a follow-up on SFO-MEX that this must have been an early launch catering failure, as the food was better on my flights last weekend.

Southbound options were quiche or fruity business, and on the way back, there was a Thai chicken salad. While there wasn't another dining option out of MEX, and it was more or less a snack, I would have to say it was one of the better tasting short haul meals I've had out of MEX...and I've flown AA, AM, UA, and now, AS.

All that said, I'll probably go back to AM for my travel on this route as the flights are better timed for me. And, of course, they offer the exquisite salads that Eastbay1K loves some much.

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
AS 241 MEX/SFO 28 Aug

Published Lunch flight with a block time of 4:24.

No menu
Choice of a hot turkey and cheese sandwich with a bag of chips and a packaged lemon bar, or not having a hot turkey and cheese sandwich with a bag of chips and a packaged lemon bar.

Water at seat PD. No snack basket, no nut service, just a Biscoff with the first beverage.

No video players on this route, either.

Pleasant crew. 5 stars for the crew. Wine was decent, and there was enough.

Very very weak.

This route, in both directions, is really subpar in front of the curtain.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 11:29 am

Programs: MVP Gold
Date of Flight: December 16, 2017
Flight Number and Route flown: AS 350 IAH-SEA
Time of Departure: 06:05am
Length of flight: 4 hours 12 minutes
Class of service: First
Pre-Departure Beverage service: Water at the Seat
Meal served: "Breakfast"
Meal Description: Fruit and Nuts.

I will be writing to Alaska Customer Care on this one. Our flight was delayed an hour an a half due to Crew issues in Houston. When we get on the plane, no menus. Once airborne I'm starving and I ask what the food is on the flight and she said "Some fruit and nuts." That's it. That's all we got. I'm sorry but that does not work for me on a 4 hour flight in the morning. Unacceptable.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by seahawks10177
Date of Flight: December 16, 2017
Flight Number and Route flown: AS 350 IAH-SEA
Time of Departure: 06:05am
Length of flight: 4 hours 12 minutes
Class of service: First
Pre-Departure Beverage service: Water at the Seat
Meal served: "Breakfast"
Meal Description: Fruit and Nuts.

I will be writing to Alaska Customer Care on this one. Our flight was delayed an hour an a half due to Crew issues in Houston. When we get on the plane, no menus. Once airborne I'm starving and I ask what the food is on the flight and she said "Some fruit and nuts." That's it. That's all we got. I'm sorry but that does not work for me on a 4 hour flight in the morning. Unacceptable.
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this route is catered as a mid-con (like DFW-SEA) so you should have had a hot breakfast or cold breakfast (granola) option (no menus though). This was definitely a mis-cater and you should write to Customer Care AND make a note of it on Alaska Listens....I agree with you--unacceptable.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Re. the above posts: Were there any meals made available from the main cabin?
Old Dec 16, 2017, 12:15 pm

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Seat 2A
Re. the above posts: Were there any meals made available from the main cabin?
I asked they said they had to get through all of the main cabin first and then they would see if they could get me anything. They ran out of the hot option for the main cabin.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
I asked they said they had to get through all of the main cabin first and then they would see if they could get me anything. They ran out of the hot option for the main cabin.
I see some kind of certificate in your future... Inflight food service is generally much appreciated on a four hour flight - especially in First Class. I would hope that any compensation offered is commensurate with the intrinsically intangible value of a meal on a four hour flight as opposed to the actual value of the meal that might have been served.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 10:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
This would be a time to whip out the CC, and then write in Customer Care to rectify later.

IME menus are reserved for transcon flights and to/from Hawaii.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 9:22 am

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
12/2 PDX-PHX 940a departure: Granola or quiche. I slept most of this flight and didn’t partake in the granola.

12/15 PHX-PDX 6a departure: Granola or some sort of chorizo scramble thing. I was asleep from the time the plane took off to the top of descent. FA was fantastic and offered to get me breakfast even though there were a few minutes left in the flight.

12/16 PDX-PHX 940a departure: Same as above. I donated mine to the FAs. Outstanding FAs on this flight that I’ve flown with before. Nice to see the regulars back on this route again, even if they aren’t all PDX based.

By the way, those of you who are complaining about the breakfast choices on long flights. AA’s recent PHX-CLT and CLT-PHX breakfast is a choice of an egg sandwich or fruit with odd tasting granola and a small cup of extremely sweet yogurt. At least the AS breakfasts look good (never tasted the egg dishes though).
Old Dec 17, 2017, 9:47 am

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
12/15/17
AS34 SEA-STL
Water at Seat upon Boarding. Coffee or OJ offered before departure.
Quinioa / Spinach Salad With Chicken on top (Caesar Dressing !?!?)
Pre made Brownie in a Package

Instead, when I told the FC FA I had absolutely 0 interest in the salad, I got: The Tom Douglas BBQ Chicken Sandwich from Y. I had offered to pay but they declined.

Last edited by flyupfrnt; Dec 17, 2017 at 9:53 am
Old Dec 17, 2017, 1:17 pm
DUT

Programs: MVPG
Pdx-dca #764 12/16/2017

Choice of granola/yogurt/fruit or Tom Douglas cheese & scallion omelette with bacon and fruit. Tasted ok, but uninspiring and not innovative.

Flight departed over an hour late just after 11am and breakfast served. Snack basket toward end of flight. Landed after 7pm. I personally feel lunch would be better for this flight, even if it departs on time at 9:53am...

Plesant crew, but nothing special.

Sorry, no pics.

DUT
Old Dec 17, 2017, 1:26 pm
DUT

DCA-SEA #3 12/19/2017 Pre-Order Options

Pre-order choices for upcoming flight back to westcoast... I chose the chicken...

DUT
Old Dec 17, 2017, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by DUT

Pre-order choices for upcoming flight back to westcoast... I chose the chicken...

DUT

I'm on the same flight at the options look nasty IMO. I'm hoping that I can get one of the turkey bowls from the back.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 1:41 pm
DUT

Originally Posted by quemalo
I'm on the same flight at the options look nasty IMO. I'm hoping that I can get one of the turkey bowls from the back.
I totally agree...I was hoping for more on what I would consider to be a flagship route... reminds me of the same chicken dish that rotates thru the SEA-ANC route.

We should keep our expectations low and we won't be disappointed ;-((

See u Tuesday...I'm in 1A...
Old Dec 17, 2017, 2:18 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
[QUOTE=DUT;29185036]Choice of granola/yogurt/fruit or Tom Douglas cheese & scallion omelette with bacon and fruit. Tasted ok, but uninspiring and not innovative.

Flight departed over an hour late just after 11am and breakfast served. Snack basket toward end of flight. Landed after 7pm. I personally feel lunch would be better for this flight, even if it departs on time at 9:53am...

Plesant crew, but nothing special.

Sorry, no pics.

DUT[/QUOTE/]

Please write to AS and tell them that serving breakfast on a long flight that departs after 9 a.m.is not OK; should be a lunch flight. With a 9:53 departure, by the time they would get around to serving the meal it would be close to 11 a.m. Who eats breakfast at 11 a.m.???
Old Dec 17, 2017, 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by beckoa
This would be a time to whip out the CC, and then write in Customer Care to rectify later.

IME menus are reserved for transcon flights and to/from Hawaii.
This is the response to my survey. Needless to say I plan on writing back.

Good Afternoon Alexander,

Thank you for completing our Alaska Listens survey. I sincerely apologize that the first class food items offered were inadequate. We strive to provide exemplary service on each and every flight to all of our guests and it sounds like we fell short.

By taking the time to contact us, you have not only given me the opportunity to hear your concerns, but also to consider what we can do to create a better inflight dining experience for you. I appreciate your feedback regarding how we can improve your next experience with us and I will share it with our Onboard Food and Beverage Team.

I am confident that on a future flight you will enjoy the high level of service that Alaska Airlines is known for and that you deserve.

Kind Regards,

Ulonda Holman

Inflight Customer Feedback & Recognition

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.