Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? (2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2017, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Seat 2A
How to find out what the meal service will be for a specific Alaska Air flight:
1) On the website, use the "Explore" tab and select "Flight Schedules" from the left-hand side of the drop-down menu.

2) Plug in your city-pair and your week of travel, and the site will pull up all of the Alaska Air flights for that week.

3) Find your flight number on the list. From there you can see what's offered for the meal service. There are two columns corresponding to first class and coach.
A) In first class the codes are (B-breakfast; L-lunch; D-dinner; S-snack).

B) For coach the section may be blank (meaning beverage service and for-purchase cold snack-packs). Or it may show "F" or "F,F" to indicate there are other items for purchase on longer routes like a cheese plate, or in some cases the Beecher's breakfast sandwich or one of the Tom Douglas items.

What *specifically* is offered in first class for B, L, D, or S is the source of much discussion in this thread.
Sometimes a S (snack) will seem more substantial than what's offered as L (lunch). That's where searching this thread can be of assistance.

As near as I can tell for the coach section:
Blank = snack packs only;
"F" = snack packs and cheese plates offered;
"F,F" = snack packs, cheese plate, plus one other item on offer.
Please feel free to edit if that assumption is not correct.

For anyone desiring a more structured or organized submission, here is a template (You'll need to add a / before the last bracketed B as in [/b]):

[B]Date of Flight[B]:
[B]Flight Number and Route flown[B]:
[B]Time of Departure[B]:
[B]Length of flight[B]:
[B]Class of service[B]:
[B]Pre-Departure Beverage service[B]:
[B]Meal served[B]:
[B]Meal Description[B]: .

[B]Additional Comments[B]:
Print Wikipost

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? (2017)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2017, 11:32 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by Seat 2A
Me too. If enough participants here had the discipline to adhere to the correct forum, the benefits would be manifold.

[...]

Unfortunately, it was not to be. Right from the get go a significant percentage of participants couldn't be bothered to post in the appropriate thread. Honestly, I think most of them saw the request to do so as more of a bother than not and simply posted willy-nilly.
The Question-only Missy merger thread is another glaring example of the wholesale ignoring of instructions and rules. A number of people mistakenly believe that their opinions and comments are as valuable as Missy's insights. To quote our President-elect, "Very sad."
Old Jan 18, 2017, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Date of Flight: January 18, 2017
Flight Number and Route flown: AS 668 SEA-DEN
Time of Departure: 10:15am
Length of flight: 2:10
Class of service: First
Pre-Departure Beverage service: Bottled water at seat
Meal served: Snack
Meal Description: Cheese Plate

Additional Comments: This is the exact same as the cheese plate you can purchase back behind the curtain. Instead of coming in a box, it was served on a plate. I have declined to post a photo because I didn't take one. I think we all know what the cheese plate looks like by now.

This flight isn't scheduled to arrive into Denver until 1:45pm. I personally think a luncheon service would be better suited to this flight.

Great service from the FA.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 6:11 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by Seat 2A
Right from the get go a significant percentage of participants couldn't be bothered to post in the appropriate thread.
You mean discussing the merits of kale, polenta and vinaigrette (or bleh, ranch) dressing isn't appropriate?

Originally Posted by beckoa
1-13-17 AS802 KOA-PDX
How come they served the brownie on a napkin?
Old Jan 18, 2017, 6:26 pm

Programs: DL Plat, AS MVPG, Bonvoy Plat/LT Gold, HH Diamond
Date of Flight: January 18, 2017
Flight Number and Route flown: AS 390 SEA-ORD
Time of Departure: 7:05am
Length of flight: 3:35
Class of service: First
Meal served: Breakfast
Meal Description: Scrambled eggs, chicken sausage, and roasted potatoes with a side fruit plate.

Additional Comments: Well-paced service, which is sometimes tough without an assist from one of the FAs from Y. Warmed nuts served an hour or so before landing. I haven't flown the early flight often, but recall there being a choice of entree (yogurt/granola?) which there wasn't this time.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 7:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, DL PM, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Any idea what the food options are for first in the 11.45 AM 465 LAX-SEA?
Old Jan 18, 2017, 8:00 pm

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by jediwho
Any idea what the food options are for first in the 11.45 AM 465 LAX-SEA?
Probably some type of pasta , side salad and pre packaged brownie .
Old Jan 18, 2017, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Thanks for the great breakfast pics Seat2A....I too would have chosen the omelette with potatoes....yum! How is it that you managed to get a fruit plate without that horrible red spice sprinkled all over it....it almost always seems to be included with the fruit plates on my trans con flights.....never on west coast/mid con flights....maybe they've actually quit using it? One can hope...

Please note that once again, I resisted the temptation to reply to your post and copy all the pics
Old Jan 19, 2017, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Thanks for the great breakfast pics Seat2A....I too would have chosen the omelette with potatoes....yum! How is it that you managed to get a fruit plate without that horrible red spice sprinkled all over it....it almost always seems to be included with the fruit plates on my trans con flights.....never on west coast/mid con flights....maybe they've actually quit using it? One can hope...

I have only seen that "Mexican Fruit Plate" with one breakfast menu rotation. It is definitely not my favorite either, especially the cucumber.

Please note that once again, I resisted the temptation to reply to your post and copy all the pics

Thank you. It seems so unnecessary when all you want to do is just make a comment and those extra redundant pictures create that much more chaff for others to have to wade through. The cleaner and less cluttered this thread is, the easier it is for everyone to navigate.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 11:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by tusphotog

How come they served the brownie on a napkin?
The extra plates and forks wre not onboard. FA wasn't sure if they were just not vetered or if there was an issue with the outbound flight.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 9:31 pm

PSP-SFO is blank for F.

Does this mean no meal service?

Last edited by Travelchurner; Jan 19, 2017 at 10:13 pm
Old Jan 19, 2017, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by beckoa
LIH does have the best catering in the system. Not sure how its all plated, but typically the FA puts the sauce on, perhaps ask in the future if they can hold before ordering?
Typically dressing is served on the side too (except perhaps Hawaii is different).
Yeah, the FA's never have an issue with requests like that, I just forgot.

IME, AS likes to put the dressing on the salad on transcon/Hawaii flights. I hadn't flown a long AS dinner/lunch flight in F in several months, so it had slipped my mind. UA, DL, and AA always give you a cup on the side.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 3:05 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
Originally Posted by pcoll
Probably some type of pasta , side salad and pre packaged brownie .
Im on ASA 460 right now (departure just after the flt you inquired) and will post a picture and write up in a bit.

but yes, to the above, add breadstick.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 8:18 am

Programs: DL Plat, AS MVPG, Bonvoy Plat/LT Gold, HH Diamond
Date of Flight: 1/20/17
Flight Number and Route flown: AS 21, ORD-SEA
Time of Departure: 7:45p
Length of flight: 3:36
Class of service: F
Meal served: Dinner
Meal Description: warmed nuts to start, then Sliced chicken, mashed potatoes, and chopped spinach. Gravy served in a foil ramekin on the side. Side salad with Newman's Own dressing. Two warmed cookies about 30 minutes after the meal.

Additional Comments: Great service from FA Lisa, whom I've flown with a few times. One surprise was Fremont Interurban IPA instead of the Alaskan offering, which I assume was an error or substitute.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mbluecpa
One surprise was Fremont Interurban IPA instead of the Alaskan offering, which I assume was an error or substitute.
Let's hope it was a substitute. With so many great craft beers being made around the Northwest, I would love to see more of them get exposure on Alaska flights, much like we see on Horizon.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by mbluecpa
One surprise was Fremont Interurban IPA instead of the Alaskan offering, which I assume was an error or substitute.
Not a mistake, but a change from the Alaskan IPA. Judging by how quickly we sold out of it yesterday, and the many requests for additional that we couldn't accommodate, I have to believe the Fremont Interurban IPA is pretty good. I haven't had it. The LaMarca Prosecco for sale in the main cabin was quite a hit too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.