Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? (2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2017, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Seat 2A
How to find out what the meal service will be for a specific Alaska Air flight:
1) On the website, use the "Explore" tab and select "Flight Schedules" from the left-hand side of the drop-down menu.

2) Plug in your city-pair and your week of travel, and the site will pull up all of the Alaska Air flights for that week.

3) Find your flight number on the list. From there you can see what's offered for the meal service. There are two columns corresponding to first class and coach.
A) In first class the codes are (B-breakfast; L-lunch; D-dinner; S-snack).

B) For coach the section may be blank (meaning beverage service and for-purchase cold snack-packs). Or it may show "F" or "F,F" to indicate there are other items for purchase on longer routes like a cheese plate, or in some cases the Beecher's breakfast sandwich or one of the Tom Douglas items.

What *specifically* is offered in first class for B, L, D, or S is the source of much discussion in this thread.
Sometimes a S (snack) will seem more substantial than what's offered as L (lunch). That's where searching this thread can be of assistance.

As near as I can tell for the coach section:
Blank = snack packs only;
"F" = snack packs and cheese plates offered;
"F,F" = snack packs, cheese plate, plus one other item on offer.
Please feel free to edit if that assumption is not correct.

For anyone desiring a more structured or organized submission, here is a template (You'll need to add a / before the last bracketed B as in [/b]):

[B]Date of Flight[B]:
[B]Flight Number and Route flown[B]:
[B]Time of Departure[B]:
[B]Length of flight[B]:
[B]Class of service[B]:
[B]Pre-Departure Beverage service[B]:
[B]Meal served[B]:
[B]Meal Description[B]: .

[B]Additional Comments[B]:
Print Wikipost

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? (2017)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2017, 3:31 pm

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by Kurt
AS678 SEA-DEN August 19, 2017
737-900 3C
7:55 p.m.
Dinner aka Snack

Alaska calls this a snack but it is really dinner. No choice, but the "Serrano Beef" was tasty. Similar to what I'd call Barbacoa, it was not spicy but the meat was very tender. It was served with a corn/black bean/red pepper/onion mix and two warmed tortillas. A side salad with shredded carrots and cherry tomatoes and Creamy Italian dressing was on the side, along with a Cougar Mountain oatmeal raisin cookie.

After dinner I tried a drink listed in the inflight magazine, the "Oregon Bulldog." Crater Lake hazelnut espresso vodka, Coca-Cola and half and half. Sounds vile but it went down pretty easy. Tasted sort of like a Coke float. Never mind how it looks, which is disgusting! The crew was great; the flight attendant serving F, Penny, was a delight. Really funny and engaging.

i've had that hazelnut espresso vodka on the rocks...it's heaven!
Old Aug 22, 2017, 5:06 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
8/22 PDX-PHX 940a departure: some sort of Mexican themed dish. I was asleep for the description, but it looked like scrambled eggs, salsa, tortilla chips and some fruit.

The FA pretended to be offended when I declined the meal and said "you must not like my cooking." I asked her if she ate her cooking and she said "No. I can't cook."

Great crew on this trip.

After dinner I tried a drink listed in the inflight magazine, the "Oregon Bulldog." Crater Lake hazelnut espresso vodka, Coca-Cola and half and half. Sounds vile but it went down pretty easy. Tasted sort of like a Coke float. Never mind how it looks, which is disgusting!
That drink looks truly terrible.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 5:27 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond
SEA->BOS late flight - Small Eqq Quiche and salad. Prolly the worst meal I've had.
BOS->SEA morning flight - granola cereal, fruit, and honey yogurt. Was quite delicious. Wife had the egg and mushroom big quiche. Other than the mushrooms was good.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 5:39 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by tusphotog
Agreed.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by dayone
Agreed.
Le barf.

However, I do like the vodka. But just with some little ices and fizzy water. It makes for a nice coffee soda. I had one yesterday.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 7:37 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
It did look a lot nicer in the ad

Old Aug 23, 2017, 8:01 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
It did look a lot nicer in the ad

It's sort of like a sparkling White Russian. I think I'll try one next trip!

My husband likes that espresso vodka in his coffee, no cream.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 8:08 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
If you do order half & half as "cream" with your hazelnut vodka, make sure your FA doesn't hear "cranberry" instead. It's not really bad... but it's not great either and it curdles any Bailey's if you have that in there.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 8:17 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by rustykettel
If you do order half & half as "cream" with your hazelnut vodka, make sure your FA doesn't hear "cranberry" instead. It's not really bad... but it's not great either and it curdles any Bailey's if you have that in there.
Now THAT'S a double barf!
Old Aug 23, 2017, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by rustykettel
Same thing happens with the orange tea. I tried it once and both the FA and I were quite amazed with my science experiment.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 7:20 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by Chicogirl
SJC 8/5
Breakfast
My family took up all of row 2
Water at seats, menu next to water, drink order when we were in our seats.

Fruit plate with pastries
Choice of
Monterey Jack Omelet
Pineapple Fried Rice
Portuguese Sausage
Or
Zucchini Frittata
Shakshuka Sauce
O'Brien purple potatos

Last call Roasted Nuts
Same menu on OAK-HNL this morning. They were out of the omelette but the frittata with accompaniments was pretty flavorful.

Old Aug 23, 2017, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by tusphotog
8/22 PDX-PHX 940a departure: some sort of Mexican themed dish. I was asleep for the description, but it looked like scrambled eggs, salsa, tortilla chips and some fruit.

The FA pretended to be offended when I declined the meal and said "you must not like my cooking." I asked her if she ate her cooking and she said "No. I can't cook."

Great crew on this trip.

I just wanted to say that despite the fact that you almost always decline the meals in F, you still take the time to give a food report....thanks!
*applause*
Old Aug 23, 2017, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by tom911
Same menu on OAK-HNL this morning. They were out of the omelette but the frittata with accompaniments was pretty flavorful.

I would have been disappointed if that were all that was left....that doesn't look remotely like anything I would want for breakfast...the ability to pre-order needs to get here soon. On that subject, it would be nice, particularly when traveling with kids, if we could pre-order a kid's snack box to take the place of a first class meal...just a wild and crazy thought.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 10:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Hot ramekin/Cold nuts

A first for me. On KOA-SEA redeye last Sunday we received a heated ramekin of cold nuts before our cheese, crackers and grapes. Kind of strange. Not sure why the nuts were refrigerated.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 1:24 am

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
I just wanted to say that despite the fact that you almost always decline the meals in F, you still take the time to give a food report....thanks!
*applause*
I do it as a public service...

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
On that subject, it would be nice, particularly when traveling with kids, if we could pre-order a kid's snack box to take the place of a first class meal
Would the kids snack box be for you? Or your kids?

Originally Posted by philemer
On KOA-SEA redeye last Sunday we received a heated ramekin of cold nuts before our cheese, crackers and grapes. Kind of strange. Not sure why the nuts were refrigerated.
I hate when my nuts are cold...but this begs the question: why on earth was the ramekin hot if the were nuts cold?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.