Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? (2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2017, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Seat 2A
How to find out what the meal service will be for a specific Alaska Air flight:
1) On the website, use the "Explore" tab and select "Flight Schedules" from the left-hand side of the drop-down menu.

2) Plug in your city-pair and your week of travel, and the site will pull up all of the Alaska Air flights for that week.

3) Find your flight number on the list. From there you can see what's offered for the meal service. There are two columns corresponding to first class and coach.
A) In first class the codes are (B-breakfast; L-lunch; D-dinner; S-snack).

B) For coach the section may be blank (meaning beverage service and for-purchase cold snack-packs). Or it may show "F" or "F,F" to indicate there are other items for purchase on longer routes like a cheese plate, or in some cases the Beecher's breakfast sandwich or one of the Tom Douglas items.

What *specifically* is offered in first class for B, L, D, or S is the source of much discussion in this thread.
Sometimes a S (snack) will seem more substantial than what's offered as L (lunch). That's where searching this thread can be of assistance.

As near as I can tell for the coach section:
Blank = snack packs only;
"F" = snack packs and cheese plates offered;
"F,F" = snack packs, cheese plate, plus one other item on offer.
Please feel free to edit if that assumption is not correct.

For anyone desiring a more structured or organized submission, here is a template (You'll need to add a / before the last bracketed B as in [/b]):

[B]Date of Flight[B]:
[B]Flight Number and Route flown[B]:
[B]Time of Departure[B]:
[B]Length of flight[B]:
[B]Class of service[B]:
[B]Pre-Departure Beverage service[B]:
[B]Meal served[B]:
[B]Meal Description[B]: .

[B]Additional Comments[B]:
Print Wikipost

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? (2017)

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2017, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by AS Flyer
Not a service standard. You should have been offered the Pog/Pog mimosa PDB and the fruit/scone should have been served as a separate course before the main. Alaska Listens....
Anyone flying in F tomorrow (June 1st)? Supposedly you'll be able to pre-order your meal 12 hours in-advance. Let us know how that goes...
Old May 31, 2017, 10:38 am

Sadly tomorrow's flight is a Q400.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 12:19 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Been a while since I've been on an Alaska flight...

5/31 PHX-SEA, 6a departure: normal long west coast breakfast choice of granola or some sort of egg dish. I was asleep but woke up to notice the yogurt cup has been replaced by a ramekin of yogurt with a raspberry on top. My seatmate ate the granola dry and drank the milk from the carton.

6/2 YYC-SEA 150p departure: some sort of red hummus, two carrots, some bell peppers and a chocolate. It was surprisingly good. No idea what that hummus stuff was made from though.

6/2 SEA-PHX 345p departure: chicken & quinoa salad. Looked good, but the FA demurred when I asked if it was good. I passed. Seatmate enjoyed it though.

Exceptional crews all around. Nice to have some senior crews who remembered the good old days on the 727s.

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Someday I would like to see them adopt the AA policy of being able to choose your meal up to 30 days in-advance on all first class meal flights.
The problem is some AA crews ignore orders and just take it in the normal FEBO or whatever method they use now.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 8:04 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HH Diamond
06-03-17 on MCI-SEA departing at 4:47p. - Schedule said Dinner

FA said at the start of the flight that it was going to be beef on noodles with a salad. Don't know if that's a new dish or not, but she said that they'd served it on the flight in the night before and people liked it.

All for naught as it instead was chicken, potatoes and green beans, with salad on a separate plate. Came back later with a couple of cookies for dessert

Would have liked to have tried the beef and noodles, but the chicken was good.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 1:40 am

Programs: Various
SEA-ABQ May 2017

May 26, 2017:
AS 794 SEA-ABQ :
5:25 PM:
2HR 50 min
First:
Pre-Departure Beverage service Water Bottles:
Snack - Beef with Salad:
Make your own Short Rib Tacos with Corn Salad, Beans, etc., a small side salad, Oatmeal Cookie:

The Presentation was decent, though the FA description, and what everybody here has been calling it....dunno. It was a filling meal, and a substantial snack/dinner. Flavorful, and didn't seem like a careless sloppy mess, as seen previously here.

Last edited by Robt760; Jun 6, 2017 at 1:38 am
Old Jun 5, 2017, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by Westcoaster
They promised the ability to pre-order in coach via the desktop site eons ago and it's still not available.
true, but at least it works in the App. extending it to work in F for the app couldn't possibly be that difficult, even if for whatever reason they can't be bothered to get either F or Y working on the desktop website.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 9:17 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
true, but at least it works in the App. extending it to work in F for the app couldn't possibly be that difficult, even if for whatever reason they can't be bothered to get either F or Y working on the desktop website.
Well the App doesn't work on my tablet and I, like some others, don't have a smartphone. Missy made fun of me on another thread for admitting the latter but I'm strong enough to take the heat. And you can't pre-order over the phone. Limiting what some would consider an important customer service item to just the App seems a bit short-sighted. I understand rolling it out on the App initially to get things started but the desktop website shouldn't be that far behind.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by Westcoaster
Limiting what some would consider an important customer service item to just the App seems a bit short-sighted. I understand rolling it out on the App initially to get things started but the desktop website shouldn't be that far behind.
no disagreement from me whatsoever. i'm the 'polar opposite' of an AS IT apologist. they have a lot of issues to clean up and i expect it to get worse before it gets better w/ the merger and all.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 1:24 pm

Programs: Alaska Air, Delta SkyMiles, United
breakfast ANC - SEA

2/17/17
Flight 112 ANC-SEA
7am departure
3h 35m
First
water
Breakfast: Waffle with link sausages and scrambled eggs, syrup on side, fruit plate with cantaloupe/strawberry/grapes. Biscotti served with beverage choice.

It was really good! Waffle surprisingly crispy.
Attached Images  
Old Jun 5, 2017, 2:58 pm

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
No Pre-Departure Drinks..............

They haven't done that on 6 out of 6 segments in First this year.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 3:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Marriott Gold ; Hilton Gold
Over the last year or so I have has some pretty bad meals in First, including some truly awful fish on the way to Maui in Feb (Overcooked and rubbery) where the sauce wasnt loaded or any salad dressing. I think Alaska is trying to be too cute lately
Old Jun 5, 2017, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by The smallest state
No Pre-Departure Drinks..............

They haven't done that on 6 out of 6 segments in First this year.
no water bottle waiting at your seat?
Old Jun 6, 2017, 5:50 am

I'm sure most people don't consider that a pdb, although it does qualify. Maybe 1 in 10 flights I'm offered something additional (usually hazelnut vodka + baileys on the rocks).
Old Jun 6, 2017, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
I'm not one of those people that care much about PDBs, but I do appreciate the bottle of water since I can put it in the seat pocket and save it for later.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 9:55 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
I'm not one of those people that care much about PDBs, but I do appreciate the bottle of water since I can put it in the seat pocket and save it for later.
^Sure missed this on UA afterwards, even if they did serve an adult PDB.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.