Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 10, 2017, 12:11 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ryandc99
~Moderator note:~

We're lucky to have missydarlin as a long-standing member of our community. For those who don't know, Missy works for Alaska and has been gracious enough to serve as an unofficial liaison between us and her employer. (She's also an all-around sweetheart.) She's kindly offered to help clear up any confusion and answer any questions that we have in regards to the December 19th announcements from Alaska and associated changes to Mileage Plan.

In order to help her manage finding and answering your questions and keeping things readable around here, let's refrain from engaging in discussion in this thread. Please post only your questions and any directly-related follow up for Missy. If you have other commentary or responses to things posted here, let's keep those for other threads. (
This one's a good one to post your comments in.)

We will be deleting any off topic discussion as we see it, so please only post questions to this thread.

Thanks,
jackal and ryandc99
Co-Moderators, Alaska Airlines forum

~End Moderator Note~
Print Wikipost

Consolidated questions for Missy

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2017, 5:36 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures
Original Poster

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Originally Posted by caseminole
Trying to book an award ticket on AS

Apparently, you can NOT book VX MCS flights , only regular coach and F

Any insight on booking into MCS from the AS website?
We don't have the currently have the capability to book MCS, either for revenue or award tickets.
Old May 8, 2017, 6:16 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
Missy, any updates on AS MVPG/75Ks bag and seat fee waivers or even same day confirm in MCS besides "sometime this summer" ?

I just booked AA for this Friday LAX-MCO, even though VX leaves at almost the same time - and same price. I'll have a bag with me, and frankly, my time is more valuable to me than spending 25 minutes on hold with AS Res to get me a seat other than a middle.

just sad that we're this far into the merger and AS doesn't seem to care if MVPs fly on VX. I know I'm one of the few rare ones - but still. Is VX Sabresonic *that* ......?
Old May 8, 2017, 7:09 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by UAPremierExec
Missy, any updates on AS MVPG/75Ks bag and seat fee waivers or even same day confirm in MCS besides "sometime this summer" ?
Answered three days ago: post 472
Old May 8, 2017, 10:29 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by UAPremierExec
https://www.virginamerica.com/cms/vx-fees
Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan Elite members receive 2 free checked bags for themselves and up to six additional guests on the same reservation. Alaska Airlines Visa Signature and Alaska Airlines Visa Business cardholders receive 1 free checked bag for themselves and up to 6 additional guests on the reservation
Old May 8, 2017, 11:27 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
thanks.. its a start, but I booked AA for my return LAX-MCO on Friday. Amazingly at almost identical times to VX. even though I'll only be at 75% EQM, I'm at least confirmed in extra legroom section- 25 minutes on hold or 25% less EQMs. Sorry, my time is worth more than 600 miles.
Old May 10, 2017, 11:25 am

Programs: DL DM; 2MM
Interlining

@ Missy: Does the current interline agreement with DL extend to VX flights/codeshare flights ?
(Twitter team says: check with VX directly)

When I check the flight I want to book on the AS website - coded as VX810 - then the following message is displayed:

"Checked baggage: Bag fee calculation is currently unavailable. Alaska Airlines checked baggage rules and fees apply to most itineraries".

Last edited by Travelomania; May 10, 2017 at 11:36 am
Old May 10, 2017, 11:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Travelomania
@ Missy: Does the current interline agreement with DL extend to VX flights/codeshare flights ?
(Twitter team says: check with VX directly)

When I check the flight I want to book on the AS website - coded as VX810 - then the following message is displayed:

"Checked baggage: Bag fee calculation is currently unavailable. Alaska Airlines checked baggage rules and fees apply to most itineraries".

What exactly are you trying to do? To my knowledge you cannot book a VX-DL connection on as.com
Old May 10, 2017, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by missydarlin
What exactly are you trying to do? To my knowledge you cannot book a VX-DL connection on as.com
Thanks for your quick response

Arriving International DL flight @ SFO and want to book VX810 onward SFO-PDX (as final destination) - sold by AS as AS1810.
Hence, with interlining applied, I should be able to check baggage all the way through to final destination ?
Old May 10, 2017, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

That question is best answered officially by Delta, based on this information - they will not check your bag through regardless of whether its AS or VX metal

https://pro.delta.com/content/agency...-policy--.html
Old May 10, 2017, 1:42 pm

That question is best answered officially by Delta, based on this information - they will not check your bag through regardless of whether its AS or VX metal

https://pro.delta.com/content/agency...-policy--.html
Ha, I was hoping on an uninformed handling check-in-agent overseas to get away with this
The applicable DL policy is nasty.
Thanks !

Next question please: when paid with the AS credit card, should flight VX810/AS1810 - purchased on the AS website - qualify for the free-checked-bag perk then (see my prior quote from the website: "Checked baggage: Bag fee calculation is currently unavailable. Alaska Airlines checked baggage rules and fees apply to most itineraries". ) ?

Last edited by Travelomania; May 10, 2017 at 1:49 pm
Old May 10, 2017, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

If you are an AS Visa Signature cardholder , and your Mileage Plan # is in your reservation, your bag will be checked free on VX, whether you purchased at as.com or vx.com

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...-bag-free.aspx

Alaska Airlines Visa Signature® primary consumer credit cardholders: If you are the primary cardholder on the account, have entered your Mileage Plan™ number into your reservation, and are traveling on Alaska Airlines or Virgin America, we will waive the first bag fee for you and up to 6 additional passengers in the same reservation. For reservations made with group booking codes or through the group desk, only Alaska Airlines Visa Signature® consumer cardholders will receive the free checked bag. The cardholder must be traveling and the cardholder's Mileage Plan™ number must be in the reservation before checking in at alaskaair.com, virginamerica.com, the Alaska Airlines or Virgin America mobile apps, or at any of our Alaska Airlines or Virgin America airport kiosks.
Old May 10, 2017, 2:14 pm

If you are an AS Visa Signature cardholder , and your Mileage Plan # is in your reservation, your bag will be checked free on VX, whether you purchased at as.com or vx.com

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...-bag-free.aspx
Again, Many Thanks ^
Old May 17, 2017, 11:23 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Hey Missy, thanks for being here! Apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere, but can VX endorse a ticket over to AS in case of IRROPS? I'm flying LAX-SFO on an upcoming weekend of runway closures on both ends; last weekend the same flight was delayed 100 minutes. If a similar delay is in the cards for me, LAX-STS becomes much more convenient. Is that something I could request of the VX agent, even for a fee? I'll also be on a VX award ticket if that makes any difference.
Old May 19, 2017, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GoAmtrak
Hey Missy, thanks for being here! Apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere, but can VX endorse a ticket over to AS in case of IRROPS? I'm flying LAX-SFO on an upcoming weekend of runway closures on both ends; last weekend the same flight was delayed 100 minutes. If a similar delay is in the cards for me, LAX-STS becomes much more convenient. Is that something I could request of the VX agent, even for a fee? I'll also be on a VX award ticket if that makes any difference.
They're still operating as a separate business, so unfortunately, I can't tell you what can or will do on one of their award tickets. IIRC, in general, the likelihood of endorsing a ticket over is small unless the airline is at fault
Old May 19, 2017, 4:28 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Thanks, that makes a lot of sense. Really appreciate the response! ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.