Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 10, 2017, 12:11 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ryandc99
~Moderator note:~

We're lucky to have missydarlin as a long-standing member of our community. For those who don't know, Missy works for Alaska and has been gracious enough to serve as an unofficial liaison between us and her employer. (She's also an all-around sweetheart.) She's kindly offered to help clear up any confusion and answer any questions that we have in regards to the December 19th announcements from Alaska and associated changes to Mileage Plan.

In order to help her manage finding and answering your questions and keeping things readable around here, let's refrain from engaging in discussion in this thread. Please post only your questions and any directly-related follow up for Missy. If you have other commentary or responses to things posted here, let's keep those for other threads. (
This one's a good one to post your comments in.)

We will be deleting any off topic discussion as we see it, so please only post questions to this thread.

Thanks,
jackal and ryandc99
Co-Moderators, Alaska Airlines forum

~End Moderator Note~
Print Wikipost

Consolidated questions for Missy

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2016, 8:25 am

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by missydarlin
That was worded poorly on the page, and has been corrected.

www.alaskaair.com.delta goes to the DL partner page. But you have to type the www.

You can make changes to award travel on DL, regardless of date of travel, up to April 30, 2017. After that, you can cancel it, but not make voluntary changes (as opposed to schedule misconnect kind of changes)
Thanks. Appears the link on the blog FAQ page needs to be fixed, then, as well (it currently points to https://alaskaair.com/delta without the needed www; clicking on the embedded link is how I got to the 404). The page at the www.alaskaair.com/delta link is the same as a page I saw earlier.

Good to know I can, if needed, cancel award travel booked on DL for travel after April 30, 2017, and still have the Mileage Plan miles re-deposited, no matter when I make the decision as long as it's before the date of travel. I appreciate the clarification.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 8:26 am
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures
Original Poster

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
I have an AA coach award (MIA-TPA-SEA) with an AS segment (TPA-SEA).

I pull it up on the AS iOS app and tap my name. It says "Waitlisted for First Class" on that screen...
By AA coach award are you saying that you used AA miles?
Old Dec 19, 2016, 8:31 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Hi missy,

Are AS/DL codeshares ending 4/30 or a different date (such as sooner)? Didn't see this specifically addressed in the announcement or blog other than the general ending their partnership, unless I overlooked it.

Thanks!

ETA: Sorry! Saw the codeshare line in the announcement now.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
By AA coach award are you saying that you used AA miles?
Correct. Booked using AA, changed to have my AS FF# in the reservation to give me luggage/better seats/etc.

I would anticipate that this MIGHT work for other airlines to get one on the upgrade list, and MIGHT continue to work for AA, but by rule it isn't guaranteed to, nor should one expect it to.

Last edited by eponymous_coward; Dec 19, 2016 at 8:42 am
Old Dec 19, 2016, 8:37 am

Programs: Alaska Mileage Plan
With the expanded Cathay partnership, will earning and redeeming now be available for Cathay Dragon flights? If not, is this something that is in progress?
Old Dec 19, 2016, 8:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TProphet
With the expanded Cathay partnership, will earning and redeeming now be available for Cathay Dragon flights? If not, is this something that is in progress?
There has been no change in eligible flight range, but they are in discussion. I wouldn't expect to see anything before well into Q2, though.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 8:45 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, TK Elite
Not sure if this is new, but the CX intra-Asia chart now reads Y 12.5K, PY 15K, C 50K, F 70K. C and F require the same amount of miles as US-Asia which doesn't sound right.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 8:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MtRoot
Not sure if this is new, but the CX intra-Asia chart now reads Y 12.5K, PY 15K, C 50K, F 70K. C and F require the same amount of miles as US-Asia which doesn't sound right.
It's not. The award chart will be updated in a bit.

CX Intra Asia C = 22,500
CX Intra Asia F = 27,500
Old Dec 19, 2016, 9:02 am

Programs: BART Platinum, AA Plat Pro
Is the JL chart correct? Specifically, does the very cheap Q class actually earn more redeemable miles (30% base + 25% bonus) than much more expensive fare classes like S (50% base + 0% bonus)?

And MVP multipliers only apply to base miles, correct?
Old Dec 19, 2016, 9:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by milypan
Is the JL chart correct? Specifically, does the very cheap Q class actually earn more redeemable miles (30% base + 25% bonus) than much more expensive fare classes like S (50% base + 0% bonus)?

And MVP multipliers only apply to base miles, correct?

Yes.

Q gets 30% base and 25% (No EQM) bonus
Old Dec 19, 2016, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
There will be an email going out later today, but the conversion is 1.3 AS to 1 VX

https://www.virginamerica.com/cms/el...laska-airlines
That page says regarding earning Elevate points on AS flights:

"Please note: Only flights operated by Alaska & Horizon are eligible for earning points."

Did they forget Skywest operated AS flight, or are they really excluded? (not that it matters to me personally)
Old Dec 19, 2016, 9:12 am

Programs: AS MVPG
When will VX flights be bookable on alaskaair.com? I thought that was supposed to be today, but I'm not seeing anything yet.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 9:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
That page says regarding earning Elevate points on AS flights:

"Please note: Only flights operated by Alaska & Horizon are eligible for earning points."

Did they forget Skywest operated AS flight, or are they really excluded? (not that it matters to me personally)
AS marketed Skywest will earn.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 9:20 am

its 1 VX to 1.3 AS. I corrected my post
Hey missydarlin ... any idea when we will be allowed to start moving miles between VX<>AS?
Old Dec 19, 2016, 9:23 am
Original Poster

Details regarding moving VX to AS will be shared on January 9th.

AS to VX transfers are not happening.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.