Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Delta & Alaska Partnership Ended on May 1, 2017

Delta & Alaska Partnership Ended on May 1, 2017

Old May 29, 2017, 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by sturges
It is letting me select C+ seats on my award reservation too ^
A smart marketing move?
Old May 30, 2017, 6:39 am

Programs: AS 75K
Currently on my last trip where I'm crediting DL to AS. Flew ONT->SEA->NRT->SIN in J.

I have some DL and Virgin Atlantic flights booked in J so once I get closer to the actual dates, I'm going to request a Platinum status match. It sucks having to maintain status on two airlines but I love AS for domestic flights and DL (and partners) for international, most of which is business class.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 9:47 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP, Hyatt Globalist
I have an AS-DL-AS-AS award trip booked in 3 months, so over 60 days out.

When I try to make changes online I get "This reservation is not eligible for online changes. Please call reservations at 1-800-ALASKAAIR".

Is that because of the Delta flight?
Will I have any trouble calling and getting a fee-free change on one of the Alaska segment?
Old Jun 2, 2017, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PDXpress
I have an AS-DL-AS-AS award trip booked in 3 months, so over 60 days out.

When I try to make changes online I get "This reservation is not eligible for online changes. Please call reservations at 1-800-ALASKAAIR".

Is that because of the Delta flight?
Will I have any trouble calling and getting a fee-free change on one of the Alaska segment?
No changes on DL partner awards. I believe it also applies to any non DL legs. You can always try calling but i bet you will need to get rid of the DL segment to change the AS legs.

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...-airlines.aspx

All currently booked award travel on Delta Air Lines will be honored, but changes are no longer allowed.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 4:31 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by CDKing
No changes on DL partner awards. I believe it also applies to any non DL legs.
I called in and the agent was able to change the AS flight on the reservation. She did indicate that it was a little tricky on her end.

So if you have an Alaska reservation that includes a Delta flight, my experience is that you can still change the AS flights.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PDXpress
I called in and the agent was able to change the AS flight on the reservation. She did indicate that it was a little tricky on her end.

So if you have an Alaska reservation that includes a Delta flight, my experience is that you can still change the AS flights.
Good to know. luckily i was able to rebook my DL awards months ago on to AS metal
Old Jun 5, 2017, 11:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Well... it took AS and DL a month to get it together. But my final flight on DL posted recently:

Code:
Activity date	Activity type	                        Status	     Miles	   Bonus	Total
05/03/2017      DELTA AIR LINES Flight 145 AMS SEA 	Credited     2,444	   3,055	5,499
Old Jun 5, 2017, 11:56 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by beckoa
Well... it took AS and DL a month to get it together. But my final flight on DL posted recently
You're lucky. I'm on my third email regarding a bunch of March flights in DL W class (Premium Economy). Yes, I'm well aware that these don't auto-credit, and I have sent the ticket with the underlying booking class (for the third time now). Getting tired of Alaska's incompetence at this point.

I have some 55k BIS miles of DL Business flights left that were booked before the December divorce announcement -- was planning on crediting to AS, but if it's like pulling teeth, I may just have to credit to DL.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 12:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
I think that's a function of being in P.E.

Imagine that biz should work better for posting.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 7:35 am

Programs: Kettle Class
I seem to have been able to select complimentary C+ even on paid DL reservations with my AS MVPG added to them? but ^

Let's see if the seat assignments stick.

Originally Posted by flytoeat
A smart marketing move?
Old Jun 6, 2017, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Well... it took AS and DL a month to get it together. But my final flight on DL posted recently:

Code:
Activity date	Activity type	                        Status	     Miles	   Bonus	Total
05/03/2017      DELTA AIR LINES Flight 145 AMS SEA 	Credited     2,444	   3,055	5,499
Did that auto post or did you have to send it in?
Old Jun 6, 2017, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by channa
Did that auto post or did you have to send it in?
Automatically.
Old Jun 10, 2017, 9:36 am

Code:
Activity date    Activity type                            Status         Miles       Bonus    Total
05/03/2017      DELTA AIR LINES Flight 145 AMS SEA     Credited     2,444       3,055    5,499

That's a much nicer final DL flight than mine, which was ORF-ATL. I was number 27 on the upgrade list, but at least the AS ATL-SEA segment cleared ^
Old Jun 19, 2017, 1:00 pm

Programs: Alaska MileagePlan, AAdvantage
Question on KLM mileage credit

Hi all - I flew a fare in April on a KLM fare code, but operated by Delta, round trip PDX-AMS.

I put in my Alaska number for the flights, however haven't received credit.

The boarding passes are all Delta... KLM tells me they can't produce duplicate boarding passes for me because it was Delta-operated.

Will there be a problem claiming Alaska credit here? Any tips on how to document ? Thanks much!
Old Jun 19, 2017, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by pdx_to_sfo
Hi all - I flew a fare in April on a KLM fare code, but operated by Delta, round trip PDX-AMS.

I put in my Alaska number for the flights, however haven't received credit.

The boarding passes are all Delta... KLM tells me they can't produce duplicate boarding passes for me because it was Delta-operated.

Will there be a problem claiming Alaska credit here? Any tips on how to document ? Thanks much!
You submit the Delta boarding passes. Credit will be given for the Delta flights flown before April 30th.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.