Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AS adds SFO-SNA/MSP/MCO

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2016, 1:41 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
I am a little bit surprised SFO-ANC hasn't returned yet.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by Chugach
It's only been a week, give it time. I'd be surprised if they didn't offer a SFO-ANC nonstop for this coming summer. I imagine that there's still more to come for summer.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 4:12 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by AS Flyer
It's only been a week, give it time. I'd be surprised if they didn't offer a SFO-ANC nonstop for this coming summer. I imagine that there's still more to come for summer.
This is FT. I demand it NOW!!!!!!'
Old Dec 20, 2016, 9:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
At a special rate

$49 OW
Old Dec 21, 2016, 12:23 am

This is FT. I demand it NOW!!!!!!'
Old Dec 21, 2016, 6:55 am

Programs: UA1K
Originally Posted by beckoa
At a special rate

$49 OW
i wish they opened SNA-SFO up at $49 o/w
Old Dec 21, 2016, 10:17 am

Alaska outlines new @flySFO routes:

MSP: 2xdly E175 from 18Jul
MCO: 1xdly A320 from 14Jun
SNA: 3xdly E175 from 15Jun, 4x from 18Jul

Unclear if E175 routes are QX or OO.

Of course 372 mile SNA-SFO gets E175s while 543 mile PDX-OAK stays Q400
Old Dec 21, 2016, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by ucdtim17
Of course 372 mile SNA-SFO gets E175s while 543 mile PDX-OAK stays Q400
At least SFO-MCO isn't a redeye, which I half expected it to be.

Way more money on SFO-SNA than PDX-OAK/SMF. Unfortuantely, the F cabin is going to go where the money is.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 11:14 am

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
Originally Posted by AS Flyer
I would *love* to see ANC-SFO / SFO-ANC available for travel in May 2017. It would be so much nicer than the 2-segment stopovers I have currently booked.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by PV_Premier
Way more money on SFO-SNA than PDX-OAK/SMF. Unfortuantely, the F cabin is going to go where the money is.
I get that but color me a little skeptical that the business traffic on routes like SMF-SNA is really that much, if at all, higher. The front half of the plane is usually full of business travelers on PDX-OAK during morning outbound and evening return. I think they just want to use the new planes on new routes to make a splash in California while they're content with status quo on PDX-SMF/OAK. Something changed since the E175 announcement when they said they'd put them on routes over 400 miles because they're more economical; now it appears they're just going to use them for new routes until Q400s start leaving the fleet in 2018 and finally the long Q400 routes will be switched.

Last edited by ucdtim17; Dec 21, 2016 at 12:58 pm
Old Dec 21, 2016, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by ucdtim17
I get that but color me a little skeptical that the business traffic on routes like SMF-SNA is really that much higher. The front half of the plane is usually full of business travelers on PDX-OAK during morning outbound and evening return. I think they just want to use the new planes on new routes to make a splash in California while they're content with status quo on PDX-SMF/OAK. Something changed since the E175 announcement when they said they'd put them on routes over 400 miles because they're more economical; now it appears they're just going to use them for new routes until Q400s start leaving the fleet in 2018 and finally the long Q400 routes will be switched.
They also have to spin up enough QX pilots...
Old Dec 21, 2016, 10:11 pm

Programs: AS: MVPG, Hyatt: P, SPG: G, Marriott: G, IHG: P
Originally Posted by dayone
Is it stated that these will be AS (-operated) flights?
SNA and MSP are operated by SkyWest E175, so I guess that counts as AS?
MCO is operated by VX A320
Old Dec 22, 2016, 9:09 am

Programs: MP MVP Gold; Hilton - Gold; Marriott - Silver;
Originally Posted by fishywang
SNA and MSP are operated by SkyWest E175, so I guess that counts as AS?
MCO is operated by VX A320
The current Skywest SFO-MSP flights are United flights. I'm not very well versed in terms of how regional airlines like Skywest support the big 3. Assuming that the SFO-MSP flights will fly into/out of E1 @MSP does that mean Skywest will add an additional 175 to the route or just up the frequency of the existing hardware on the route to accommodate AS?

Last edited by mrapollinax; Dec 22, 2016 at 9:18 am Reason: adding @MSP
Old Dec 22, 2016, 9:22 am

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by mrapollinax
The current Skywest SFO-MSP flights are United flights. I'm not very well versed in terms of how regional airlines like Skywest support the big 3. Assuming that the SFO-MSP flights will fly into/out of E1 @MSP does that mean Skywest will add an additional 175 to the route or just up the frequency of the existing hardware on the route to accommodate AS?
AS bought E175s for Skywest, they are painted in Alaska's colors. Those are the one's being used for any Alaska flight operated by Skywest. I'm not sure how crew scheduling works, but the actual planes are operated separately from other carriers who also contract out flights to Skywest.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 9:29 am

Programs: MP MVP Gold; Hilton - Gold; Marriott - Silver;
Originally Posted by alphaeagle
AS bought E175s for Skywest, they are painted in Alaska's colors. Those are the one's being used for any Alaska flight operated by Skywest. I'm not sure how crew scheduling works, but the actual planes are operated separately from other carriers who also contract out flights to Skywest.
That makes sense, I just realized I've never seen any planes in "Skywest" livery all the time I've spent in airports. Really it came down to me thinking about how delays in SFO would be compounded by having one set of hardware fly more frequently. But based on this it is a moot point.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.