Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CUN-SEA first class service?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2016, 7:27 am
Original Poster

CUN-SEA first class service?

Found old thread complaining about subpar service on Mexican destinations, partuculary about CUN-LAX. Is it still the case? Flying CUN-SEA and would like to know what to expect.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan/1051754-cancun-first-class-service-joke.html

Another question if WiFi works only over continental US or over Mexico as well?
Old Nov 24, 2016, 7:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Flew this in January. Can't remember much about the flight except it took a bit for the bags (blame DL as they had several arrivals then).

And no WiFi over Mexico.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 10:20 am

Programs: AS
We also did this route in January. In F, received tablets for movie etc entertainment. Meal service was good, drinks etc fine. No WiFi over Mexico so plan accordingly.
Airport is very busy. No apparent GE line. Just pack your patience. Taxi and shuttle service area is easy to locate. Have fun, great snorkeling!
Old Nov 24, 2016, 12:26 pm
Original Poster

Thanks a lot for replies. I am only flying CUN->SEA (getting to CUN on another airline). So I assume it will be full dinner out of CUN, WiFi only over US and a snack before arrival?
Old Nov 24, 2016, 12:44 pm

Just remembered.....
If you are on one of the reconfigured 800's, you will have a much better experience in F with the extended recline and increased legroom
Just look at seat map for your flight, if 3 rows, then you are golden.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
WiFi should kick in about 150 miles off the coast of the U.S., so on a flight like this, only the first 60-90 minutes or so will be without coverage.

With AS's service pace, dinner won't even be close to being done by the time Internet is available.
Old Nov 25, 2016, 1:31 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Hilton Gold, Red Lion Gold
Service is all about the FA you get. I've had A1 and I've had one that was bad enough to write customer care. It's a long haul, so you get either those who are awesome, or those who have seniority.

My opinion only.
Old Nov 25, 2016, 10:36 am

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
Originally Posted by pcoll
Just remembered.....
If you are on one of the reconfigured 800's, you will have a much better experience in F with the extended recline and increased legroom
Just look at seat map for your flight, if 3 rows, then you are golden.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the reconfiguration for both F and for Premium Economy was only an increase in pitch - not any increase in the recline.
Old Nov 25, 2016, 11:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by AKCuisine
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the reconfiguration for both F and for Premium Economy was only an increase in pitch - not any increase in the recline.
I thought there was increased recline too...but may have just been speculation. Upon rereading the press release, there was no recline mentioned.
Old Nov 25, 2016, 1:33 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Club 49, Global Entry, National Emerald Club, Hilton Silver
I believe they serve Corona on those flights
Old Nov 25, 2016, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by AKLifetimeFlyer
I believe they serve Corona on those flights
Absolutely!!
Corona ( to/from Mexico). Kona Longboard Lager (to/from Hawaii)
Imperial ( to/from Costa Rica)
Cheers!
Old Nov 25, 2016, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by pcoll
Absolutely!!
Corona ( to/from Mexico). Kona Longboard Lager (to/from Hawaii)
Imperial ( to/from Costa Rica)
Cheers!
So what will be offered next?

http://bestcubaguide.com/best-cuban-...locals-prefer/
Old Nov 26, 2016, 11:09 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by beckoa
I thought there was increased recline too....
No additional recline according to those that have flown the new config.
Old Nov 27, 2016, 10:53 am

Unless something has changed, it's the same dinner you'd get on any other Mexico-US flight. CUN-SEA is a long flight...it can approach seven hours or more on a bad day. Last time we flew F on that route I was getting hungry again a couple of hours before landing. No second-service but all the pretzels you can eat. If that won't cut it you might pack a snack for later in the flight.
Old Nov 27, 2016, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by HiFlyerAS
Unless something has changed, it's the same dinner you'd get on any other Mexico-US flight. CUN-SEA is a long flight...it can approach seven hours or more on a bad day. Last time we flew F on that route I was getting hungry again a couple of hours before landing. No second-service but all the pretzels you can eat. If that won't cut it you might pack a snack for later in the flight.
Interesting...I would have thought CUN-SEA would get trans con meal service with a menu and snack basket...MSY-SEA is shorter than CUN-SEA and gets trans con catering...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.