Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Questions and Discussion About F and PC (Premium Class) Upgrades - 2017 and Later

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Questions and Discussion About F and PC (Premium Class) Upgrades - 2017 and Later

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2017, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by safari ari
If you're a Gold or above in Premium, can you still request a chocolate on top of the free drink you get with the seat assignment? Has anyone done this?
YMMV. I've gotten denied on this in January (right after Premium rollout), saying they were no longer stocked because of PC, but my SEA-BOS flight in PC last week I was offered one after getting my drink (And honestly had forgotten about the chocolates as it has been that long since I've wanted one over my free drink).
Old Oct 19, 2017, 7:15 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K United 1K
First class 739 aircraft with premium product

is row 1 DF better than 2 DF?

Does row 1 have cutouts or just a wall?
Old Oct 19, 2017, 7:45 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by boycruz
is row 1 DF better than 2 DF?

Does row 1 have cutouts or just a wall?
We always choose 1 DF, but also recently were in 2 DF.

I'm not sure what "cutouts" are, 1 DF has the bulkhead wall. Some people think it is not enough legroom but we're fine with it.

I like Row 1 because I want to control my own destiny, and not have someone recline into my lap. YMMV.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 7:58 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
No cutouts in the bulkhead wall on AS. Goes all the way down to the floor.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 9:03 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
My partner and I sat in 1AC on a recent flight. It was a complimentary upgrade and the only two seats together available. For us it was just okay, more tolerable with the increased pitch. We prefer 2AC or 2DF often choosing based on the direction of travel and what the views are from that side of the plane. A sothbound evening flight in 2DF affords some spectacular sunsets while a southbound early morning flight in 2AD with the sunrise on the horizon can be hard on the eyes. I prefer row 2 to row 1 as I can fully stretch out under the row 1 seats and you don't have to stow your personal items in the overhead bins for takeoff and landing. I also find the row 1 seatbelts with the bulky airbag a little uncomfortable. The new seats slide forward as the back is reclined which is minimally invase to the passenger behind you.

James
Old Nov 29, 2017, 7:24 pm

Programs: AS 1MM/MVPG, AS Lounge, DL SkyClub (Life), Hertz 5* -- AA, DL, UA
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
My partner and I sat in 1AC on a recent flight. It was a complimentary upgrade and the only two seats together available. For us it was just okay, more tolerable with the increased pitch. We prefer 2AC or 2DF often choosing based on the direction of travel and what the views are from that side of the plane. A sothbound evening flight in 2DF affords some spectacular sunsets while a southbound early morning flight in 2AD with the sunrise on the horizon can be hard on the eyes. I prefer row 2 to row 1 as I can fully stretch out under the row 1 seats and you don't have to stow your personal items in the overhead bins for takeoff and landing. I also find the row 1 seatbelts with the bulky airbag a little uncomfortable. The new seats slide forward as the back is reclined which is minimally invase to the passenger behind you.

James
Very good points, esp. about side-of-plane vs sun's path. // I had no idea what the row 1 seatbelt bulge contained - thanks.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 7:31 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
This seemed like as good a thread as any to ask as I haven't seen the question brought up before...

Does anyone have any experience with the paid upgrades to F on pmVX metal? I have a few client purchased trips in Y coming up (LAX/SAN/etc.) and with a checked bag, it would work out to $4/ow out of pocket as my luggage fees are reimbursed (they're 5 day trips, so I'll need 1 checked piece).

I've only had paid F on pmVX metal, so I have yet to see at check-in if these offers are still out there. Anyone know?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.