DL/AS Mixed Itinerary Questions

Old Jun 26, 16, 2:03 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: EUG
Programs: AS MVPG, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold, SPG Gold
Posts: 5,115
DL/AS Mixed Itinerary Questions

...connecting to 2 on AS. Can't remember the last time I had a mixed itinerary, so please indulge these questions:

This is my return, so do I go to the AS website (where original res was made) or DL to check-in and get my BP's in advance?

Will either/or the AS or DL websites give me ALL the BP's in one go?

I have both a DL confirm number for the first flight and an AS for all the rest.
Eujeanie is offline  
Old Jun 26, 16, 2:09 pm
  #2  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Bay Area, CA
Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Posts: 34,945
Operating carrier of the first flight for that portion of the journey.

Check in with DL, they will likely give you all BPs for the 3. If not, check in with DL and then try to check in with AS afterwards.
channa is offline  
Old Jun 26, 16, 6:01 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: EUG
Programs: AS MVPG, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold, SPG Gold
Posts: 5,115
We're staying at a place that charges to check in/print BP's so were hoping to discern if there was a way to get all 3 BP's with one fell swoop.
Eujeanie is offline  
Old Jun 26, 16, 7:19 pm
  #4  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Bay Area, CA
Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Posts: 34,945
Use the app and get mobile BPs. Print at the airport. No need to support a hotel with a customer-unfriendly practice.
channa is offline  
Old Jun 26, 16, 8:45 pm
  #5  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Back home in the REAL Washington (SEA); still working occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.3MM; AS MVPG 75K
Posts: 13,223
presumably your AS flights are SEA-PDX-EUG ... I'm sure you know that DL-->AS connections at SEA are entirely airside; worst case is that you will arrive on the South Satellite and depart from the North Satellite ... as long as DL will check your bag(s) at the origin (if in fact you need to avail yourself of that), you should be able to get AS BPs at any SEA Customer Service desk (opposite the C2 gates, near gate D3, or between Gates N1 and N16 in the N Satellite [which is at your 1 o'clock as you come up the escalator from the train])
jrl767 is online now  
Old Jun 27, 16, 12:08 am
  #6  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: EUG
Programs: AS MVPG, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold, SPG Gold
Posts: 5,115
Originally Posted by jrl767 View Post
presumably your AS flights are SEA-PDX-EUG ... I'm sure you know that DL-->AS connections at SEA are entirely airside; worst case is that you will arrive on the South Satellite and depart from the North Satellite ... as long as DL will check your bag(s) at the origin (if in fact you need to avail yourself of that), you should be able to get AS BPs at any SEA Customer Service desk (opposite the C2 gates, near gate D3, or between Gates N1 and N16 in the N Satellite [which is at your 1 o'clock as you come up the escalator from the train])
Actually, our flights are LAS-SJC on DL, then SJC-PDX-EUG on AS. We don't need to check bags. Any different advice in this case?

Hmmm - just remembered all the "all airline" kiosks in LAS - that might work.

And now I'm wondering if AS will be on the kiosk in Terminal 1?

Last edited by Eujeanie; Jun 27, 16 at 1:01 am
Eujeanie is offline  
Old Jun 27, 16, 8:53 am
  #7  
Hilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Snohomish, WA
Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Posts: 2,497
Do you have a smartphone? If so just use the mobile app to get the boarding passes and the problem is solved.

Neil
missamo80 is offline  
Old Jun 27, 16, 9:02 am
  #8  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: EUG
Programs: AS MVPG, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold, SPG Gold
Posts: 5,115
Originally Posted by missamo80 View Post
Do you have a smartphone? If so just use the mobile app to get the boarding passes and the problem is solved.

Neil
No, we don't.
Eujeanie is offline  
Old Jun 27, 16, 10:40 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: SW WA
Programs: AS MVPG
Posts: 87
Last year I flew CHS-ATL-LAX on DL and LAX-SEA-PDX on AS.

The DL agent in CHS was able to print the whole trip including AS segments. If you have any issues i am sure the AS gate agents could print a boarding pass for you.
OSUFlyer is offline  
Old Jun 27, 16, 11:14 am
  #10  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: EUG
Programs: AS MVPG, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold, SPG Gold
Posts: 5,115
Originally Posted by OSUFlyer View Post
Last year I flew CHS-ATL-LAX on DL and LAX-SEA-PDX on AS.

The DL agent in CHS was able to print the whole trip including AS segments. If you have any issues i am sure the AS gate agents could print a boarding pass for you.
That's the thing, since LAS is such a cluster on a Monday morning, and we only have carry-on, I wanted to avoid dealing with a check-in agent. With all BP's in hand we could go straight to the gate.
Eujeanie is offline  
Old Jun 27, 16, 2:18 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: MSP
Programs: MP MVP Gold; Hilton - Gold; Marriott - Silver;
Posts: 213
Are you getting dropped off at the airport? Another way to get your boarding passes is to get dropped off at the rental car center. There are self-service check-in kiosks there to let you check in for your DL segment at the very least. Once you get to SJC you can then have a gate agent print the rest of your boarding passes.

Having done quite a bit of travel in/out of LAS I only offer this up as an option since the Rental Center is a lot less busy than the main terminal drop off area. If that is not an issue then the self-service kiosks in the terminal will do the exact same thing.
mrapollinax is offline  
Old Jun 27, 16, 2:24 pm
  #12  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: EUG
Programs: AS MVPG, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold, SPG Gold
Posts: 5,115
We won't be renting a car so will go directly to the airport, but thank you for the idea.

I don't recall seeing those separate kiosks that busy (we used to fly WN a lot but haven't been in Terminal 1 in ages).

I would be a little nervous about not checking in with AS at all until I'm at their Gate in SJC - what if our inbound DL flight is late and I miss the AS cutoff? I'd rather have all BP's in hand before leaving LAS, and as I said if I have to pay to have it done so be it.

If the airport kiosks in Terminal one have AS included in their list of airlines, that is all I need to know.
Eujeanie is offline  
Old Jun 27, 16, 2:30 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: YVR (BLI/SEA)
Programs: AS MVPG, Delta Plat, HHonors Gold, NEXUS, Marriott Silver
Posts: 192
if it's all the same PNR, then once you check in for your DL flight, you should also be checked in for your AS flights. Kiosk should print all 3 passes.

Does your hotel charge just to print the boarding passes or for use of a computer? You could always just check in and then not print anything if they just charge you for the printing. And then "re-print" the bp once you get to the airport.
travelmonkey05 is offline  
Old Jun 27, 16, 2:34 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: MSP
Programs: MP MVP Gold; Hilton - Gold; Marriott - Silver;
Posts: 213
Out of curiosity these flights were all booked at the same time yes? You didn't book a DL leg and then a different AS leg right? This is all on a single itinerary? If so DL should be able to print out all your BP on the day of travel. I've had Delta print out passes for AC, KL and AF flights so it shouldn't be an issue I think.
mrapollinax is offline  
Old Jun 27, 16, 2:36 pm
  #15  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: EUG
Programs: AS MVPG, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold, SPG Gold
Posts: 5,115
Originally Posted by travelmonkey05 View Post
if it's all the same PNR, then once you check in for your DL flight, you should also be checked in for your AS flights. Kiosk should print all 3 passes.

Does your hotel charge just to print the boarding passes or for use of a computer? You could always just check in and then not print anything if they just charge you for the printing. And then "re-print" the bp once you get to the airport.
I'm not sure of the Business Center policies. I know they have BP print machines scattered about. I've never used them because we usually fly AS and check in with them at the airport in plenty of time.

I have 2 separate PNRs - one for DL and one for AS, even though I booked the entire trip on the AS website. I had to go to DL to get their confirm number in order to get seats with them. This is an award ticket, not sure if that has anything to do with anything?
Eujeanie is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread