Wiki Posts
Search

DL/AS Mixed Itinerary Questions

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2016, 1:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
DL/AS Mixed Itinerary Questions

...connecting to 2 on AS. Can't remember the last time I had a mixed itinerary, so please indulge these questions:

This is my return, so do I go to the AS website (where original res was made) or DL to check-in and get my BP's in advance?

Will either/or the AS or DL websites give me ALL the BP's in one go?

I have both a DL confirm number for the first flight and an AS for all the rest.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Operating carrier of the first flight for that portion of the journey.

Check in with DL, they will likely give you all BPs for the 3. If not, check in with DL and then try to check in with AS afterwards.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 5:01 pm
Original Poster

We're staying at a place that charges to check in/print BP's so were hoping to discern if there was a way to get all 3 BP's with one fell swoop.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Use the app and get mobile BPs. Print at the airport. No need to support a hotel with a customer-unfriendly practice.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
presumably your AS flights are SEA-PDX-EUG ... I'm sure you know that DL-->AS connections at SEA are entirely airside; worst case is that you will arrive on the South Satellite and depart from the North Satellite ... as long as DL will check your bag(s) at the origin (if in fact you need to avail yourself of that), you should be able to get AS BPs at any SEA Customer Service desk (opposite the C2 gates, near gate D3, or between Gates N1 and N16 in the N Satellite [which is at your 1 o'clock as you come up the escalator from the train])
Old Jun 26, 2016, 11:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jrl767
presumably your AS flights are SEA-PDX-EUG ... I'm sure you know that DL-->AS connections at SEA are entirely airside; worst case is that you will arrive on the South Satellite and depart from the North Satellite ... as long as DL will check your bag(s) at the origin (if in fact you need to avail yourself of that), you should be able to get AS BPs at any SEA Customer Service desk (opposite the C2 gates, near gate D3, or between Gates N1 and N16 in the N Satellite [which is at your 1 o'clock as you come up the escalator from the train])
Actually, our flights are LAS-SJC on DL, then SJC-PDX-EUG on AS. We don't need to check bags. Any different advice in this case?

Hmmm - just remembered all the "all airline" kiosks in LAS - that might work.

And now I'm wondering if AS will be on the kiosk in Terminal 1?

Last edited by Eujeanie; Jun 27, 2016 at 12:01 am
Old Jun 27, 2016, 7:53 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Do you have a smartphone? If so just use the mobile app to get the boarding passes and the problem is solved.

Neil
Old Jun 27, 2016, 8:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by missamo80
Do you have a smartphone? If so just use the mobile app to get the boarding passes and the problem is solved.

Neil
No, we don't.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 9:40 am

Programs: AS MVPG
Last year I flew CHS-ATL-LAX on DL and LAX-SEA-PDX on AS.

The DL agent in CHS was able to print the whole trip including AS segments. If you have any issues i am sure the AS gate agents could print a boarding pass for you.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 10:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by OSUFlyer
Last year I flew CHS-ATL-LAX on DL and LAX-SEA-PDX on AS.

The DL agent in CHS was able to print the whole trip including AS segments. If you have any issues i am sure the AS gate agents could print a boarding pass for you.
That's the thing, since LAS is such a cluster on a Monday morning, and we only have carry-on, I wanted to avoid dealing with a check-in agent. With all BP's in hand we could go straight to the gate.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 1:18 pm

Programs: MP MVP Gold; Hilton - Gold; Marriott - Silver;
Are you getting dropped off at the airport? Another way to get your boarding passes is to get dropped off at the rental car center. There are self-service check-in kiosks there to let you check in for your DL segment at the very least. Once you get to SJC you can then have a gate agent print the rest of your boarding passes.

Having done quite a bit of travel in/out of LAS I only offer this up as an option since the Rental Center is a lot less busy than the main terminal drop off area. If that is not an issue then the self-service kiosks in the terminal will do the exact same thing.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

We won't be renting a car so will go directly to the airport, but thank you for the idea.

I don't recall seeing those separate kiosks that busy (we used to fly WN a lot but haven't been in Terminal 1 in ages).

I would be a little nervous about not checking in with AS at all until I'm at their Gate in SJC - what if our inbound DL flight is late and I miss the AS cutoff? I'd rather have all BP's in hand before leaving LAS, and as I said if I have to pay to have it done so be it.

If the airport kiosks in Terminal one have AS included in their list of airlines, that is all I need to know.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 1:30 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Delta Plat, HHonors Gold, NEXUS, Marriott Silver
if it's all the same PNR, then once you check in for your DL flight, you should also be checked in for your AS flights. Kiosk should print all 3 passes.

Does your hotel charge just to print the boarding passes or for use of a computer? You could always just check in and then not print anything if they just charge you for the printing. And then "re-print" the bp once you get to the airport.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 1:34 pm

Programs: MP MVP Gold; Hilton - Gold; Marriott - Silver;
Out of curiosity these flights were all booked at the same time yes? You didn't book a DL leg and then a different AS leg right? This is all on a single itinerary? If so DL should be able to print out all your BP on the day of travel. I've had Delta print out passes for AC, KL and AF flights so it shouldn't be an issue I think.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 1:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by travelmonkey05
if it's all the same PNR, then once you check in for your DL flight, you should also be checked in for your AS flights. Kiosk should print all 3 passes.

Does your hotel charge just to print the boarding passes or for use of a computer? You could always just check in and then not print anything if they just charge you for the printing. And then "re-print" the bp once you get to the airport.
I'm not sure of the Business Center policies. I know they have BP print machines scattered about. I've never used them because we usually fly AS and check in with them at the airport in plenty of time.

I have 2 separate PNRs - one for DL and one for AS, even though I booked the entire trip on the AS website. I had to go to DL to get their confirm number in order to get seats with them. This is an award ticket, not sure if that has anything to do with anything?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.