Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL/AS Mixed Itinerary Questions

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2016, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
We're staying at a place that charges to check in/print BP's so were hoping to discern if there was a way to get all 3 BP's with one fell swoop.
go to the public computer in the lobby/biz center of a nearby hotel ... just look like you know what you're doing, and nobody will likely question whether you're actually staying there
Old Jun 27, 2016, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by jrl767
go to the public computer in the lobby/biz center of a nearby hotel ... just look like you know what you're doing, and nobody will likely question whether you're actually staying there
That might work in New York or San Francisco or Chicago, but not in Las Vegas. None of the hotels offer free computers.

Someone is going to find out for me if AS is included on the check-in kiosks in Terminal 1, if yes, then I'm all set.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I'm not sure of the Business Center policies. I know they have BP print machines scattered about. I've never used them because we usually fly AS and check in with them at the airport in plenty of time.

I have 2 separate PNRs - one for DL and one for AS, even though I booked the entire trip on the AS website. I had to go to DL to get their confirm number in order to get seats with them. This is an award ticket, not sure if that has anything to do with anything?
Each airline has it's own PNRs since each has it's own systems. What's important is that it's ticketed as one, which is what you've done.

You'll check in with DL, and DL will issue all the BPs for both DL and AS. You're checked all the way through at that point, there's no need to checkin with AS again. No need to go and bother the gate agent, etc. You're checked through just like if the first flight had been with AS. Only difference is that your BP will be a Delta looking BP and not AS.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
That might work in New York or San Francisco or Chicago, but not in Las Vegas. None of the hotels offer free computers.

Someone is going to find out for me if AS is included on the check-in kiosks in Terminal 1, if yes, then I'm all set.
You can NOT check in at LAS with AS. You only checkin once, with DL, If you try and checkin with AS, you'll get an error that you must checkin with the operating carrier of your first flight - Delta, who issues all BPs. Again, there's nothing different then if you were flying AS, except that the BPs for the AS flights will be Delta looking BPs.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 3:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyerCO
You can NOT check in at LAS with AS. You only checkin once, with DL, If you try and checkin with AS, you'll get an error that you must checkin with the operating carrier of your first flight - Delta, who issues all BPs. Again, there's nothing different then if you were flying AS, except that the BPs for the AS flights will be Delta looking BPs.
Then that is perfect. At LAS I'll check in for the DL flight, using the (question) DL # I have for the first flight only, ...or the AS # that was on the whole thing (remember, this is my return, I'll have flown TO LAS entirely on AS. If at that point at the kiosk (and I do not want to line up to check in with only carry-on) I check in with DL and my 3 BP's spew out I will be very happy, problems solved.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 5:10 pm
Original Poster

This is what my reservation looks like. I have Xd out parts of the confirm numbers, but as you can see there are separate ones for AS and DL. I'm only concerned about the return, starting with Flight 3.

◆ Preferred Plus seats have been selected for this flight.
** Seat assignments are subject to change.
¤ Seat assignments on some partner flights cannot be reserved on our website. Please contact the partner airline directly.
Flight summaryChange | Cancel
Alaska Airlines confirmation code: RQXXX
Delta Air Lines confirmation code: HMXXX
Flights
Flight Departs Arrives
Flight 1 of 5Alaska Alaska 2296
Operated by Horizon Air as AlaskaHorizon
Check in with Alaska Airlines
Coach | Nonstop | Details
Eugene (EUG)
8:00 am Fri, Aug 5 Seattle (SEA)
9:07 am Fri, Aug 5
Alaska 2296 Distance: 233 mi | Duration: 1hours 7minutes
Flight 2 of 5Alaska Alaska 422
Seattle (SEA)
11:45 am Fri, Aug 5 Las Vegas (LAS)
2:15 pm Fri, Aug 5
Alaska 422 Distance: 866 mi | Duration: 2hours 30minutes

Flight 3 of 5Delta Delta 5749
Operated by Compass as Delta Connection
Las Vegas (LAS)
10:05 am Mon, Aug 8 San Jose, CA (SJC)
11:28 am Mon, Aug 8
Delta 5749 Distance: 385 mi | Duration: 1hours 23minutes
Flight 4 of 5Alaska Alaska 409
San Jose, CA (SJC)
1:45 pm Mon, Aug 8 Portland, OR (PDX)
3:23 pm Mon, Aug 8
Alaska 409 Distance: 569 mi | Duration: 1hours 38minutes
Flight 5 of 5Alaska Alaska 2339
Operated by Horizon Air as AlaskaHorizon
Check in with Alaska Airlines
Portland, OR (PDX)
5:25 pm Mon, Aug 8 Eugene (EUG)
6:00 pm Mon, Aug 8
Alaska 2339 Distance: 105 mi | Duration: 0hours 35minutes
$11.20
See details above
Each ticket and any booking or change fees will be a separate charge on your credit card statement.
For additional assistance with your reservation, call reservations at 1-888-345-3640.
For special requests on partner flights, please contact the partner airline.
Receipts and baggage claim tickets
Old Jun 27, 2016, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
DL will only recognize the DL PNR (HMxxxx)
Old Jun 27, 2016, 5:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jrl767
DL will only recognize the DL PNR (HMxxxx)
That's what I thought.

So if I go to LAS and check in for the first flight w/DL at the generic (all airlines) kiosk, can I then check in for the next 2 flights w/AS right after getting my DL bp? Remember, I can't check in on any computer before I get to the airport, and I don't want to wait until I get to SJC before checking in with AS.

This is assuming that AS is listed on the kiosk, which if you think about it I doubt they would have excluded them, they USED to leave out of T1 before they moved them to T3.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 5:58 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, HH Diamond
As a single ticket, checking in with DL automatically checks you in for the AS segments. You'll get all three boarding passes at once. In the odd event you don't, have an AS gate agent at SJC reprint them for you.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 10:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

That's what I thought.

So if I go to LAS and check in for the first flight w/DL at the generic (all airlines) kiosk, can I then check in for the next 2 flights w/AS right after getting my DL bp? Remember, I can't check in on any computer before I get to the airport, and I don't want to wait until I get to SJC before checking in with AS.

This is assuming that AS is listed on the kiosk, which if you think about it I doubt they would have excluded them, they USED to leave out of T1 before they moved them to T3.
Each airline in a reservation generates a reservation record in their own systems. This reservation contains all the flights though. Thus since you'll be using the DL system to checkin you use the DL PNR. It checks you through all the way. If you where flying AS and then DL, you'd check in with AS and thus use the AS PNR.

You will not be able to at any point "checkin" using the AS system. It will see that your first flight is operated by DL and direct you to checkin with them for your flights.

Hundreds/Thousands of people a day checkin for combination DL/AS reservations. It's a smooth process.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.