Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DXB EK Lounge MVP Gold Access

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2016, 1:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExP, DL Diamond, AF Plat, AS 75K, Hertz #1 Gold, National Executive, SPG Gold
DXB EK Lounge MVP Gold Access

Hello folks, I usually lurk in the AA BA forum but occasionally I do venture out.

I did a search through the FT but didn't find anything productive.

Got a question here, according to this announcement here by EK, MVP gold and 75k can use EK business lounge in DXB.

But when my girlfriend arrived in DXB yesterday, she was denied access. After she spoke with supervisors and showed them the very same press release, she was told that the agreement hasn't come into effect yet thus she cannot get into the lounge.

My question is: is this true? If yes, when will this become effective as I foresee myself to travel on EK a lot more and I can't say I'll have the resource to travel in paid J every trip. (I'm MVP 75k and AA exec plat, not like it matters).
Old Jun 23, 2016, 2:13 pm

Programs: Alaska Mileage Plan, Marriott Bonvoy, NEXUS
It's not listed here, so I would assume it's not yet in effect.

If you tweet to Alaska, they might know when it'll be coming into effect...but I wouldn't bet on it. If it's not on the AS site yet, it's probably not public information.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 2:15 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by pineapplejet
Got a question here, according to this announcement here by EK, MVP gold and 75k can use EK business lounge in DXB.
The PR says "will soon have access", but no specific date for soon has yet been announced.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.