Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

737-400 Combi Retirement Discussion [Consolidated Discussion]

Old Jul 7, 2017, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bmvaughn
Info in first post
Print Wikipost

737-400 Combi Retirement Discussion [Consolidated Discussion]

Old Jul 24, 2017, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by pbelmore
Slightly off topic, what's the easiest way to keep track of Alaska's plane registrations? I've been using a web site the past few years to track my flights (FlightDiary.com, although it just recently changed names) which stores the registration information, and that would be a nerdy fun little stat to keep track of myself.
I like airfleets.net
Old Jul 24, 2017, 3:30 pm

Programs: Alaska Mileage Plan MVP
Originally Posted by bmvaughn
I like airfleets.net
Thank you!
Old Jul 24, 2017, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by bmvaughn
I keep a spreadsheet which - among other things - lists the registration for every plane I've flown in the past 10yrs. Have flown every AS 737-700 except the Timbers plane (slightly intentional ), and I've flown N552AS 8x. ...
my log (paper and Excel) goes back ... well, let's just say I put data on line #2500 last week ... 191 AS flights, seven "three-peats" among the 738s, 739s, and Q400s ... and +1 to avoiding N607AS
#EBFG
Old Jul 28, 2017, 2:05 pm

Programs: All the Programs...
My only "four-peat" with AS is on a B734, N792AS. Did it recently on a Boutique Air KingAir 350 too, but not the same .
Old Jul 28, 2017, 6:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by beckoa
I just booked a 73Q again last night as well

Didn't think I'd see one again... going to CDV this week
We ended up being upgauged to a 73G.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 9:55 am

I see 769 is in PAE again. Repairs or is it being retired?
Old Jul 31, 2017, 5:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Todd Crandall
I see 769 is in PAE again. Repairs or is it being retired?
Hmm maybe that's the bird I was supposed to ride.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 1:00 am

Programs: AS MVP, Club 49, Global Entry, National Emerald Club, Hilton Silver
Had a Combi ANC to BET today (AS 41). Flight Radar 24 has it as N768AS, which I believe is correct. Return BET to ANC (AS 44) was booked on Combi, switched to the 73G though (Portland Timbers livery). Scored an easy upgrade.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 1:48 am

N769AS is in PAE for repairs. It's scheduled to return to service tomorrow.

You're correct, AS41 was N768AS on 7/31.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 7:16 pm

One aspect that hasn't received any attention in this thread is that with the disappearance of the combis, AS freight service to outlying locations in Alaska seems to be suffering. We have had two air cargo shipments sitting in Anchorage for more than a week waiting for their turn on the freighter. Hopefully they will go out as promised tonight to Nome on AS7054, which has only landed in Nome twice in the last 3 weeks (according to Flightaware). And we are not the only ones waiting for cargo deliveries from what I hear. Quite a difference in service from when there were 3 combis a day landing in Nome and I would think the situation in other communities served by the combi fleet must be similar.

The flip side is that this is probably good for all-cargo competitors like NAC.
Crazy Dave likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by drseagrass
One aspect that hasn't received any attention in this thread is that with the disappearance of the combis, AS freight service to outlying locations in Alaska seems to be suffering. We have had two air cargo shipments sitting in Anchorage for more than a week waiting for their turn on the freighter. Hopefully they will go out as promised tonight to Nome on AS7054, which has only landed in Nome twice in the last 3 weeks (according to Flightaware). And we are not the only ones waiting for cargo deliveries from what I hear. Quite a difference in service from when there were 3 combis a day landing in Nome and I would think the situation in other communities served by the combi fleet must be similar.

The flip side is that this is probably good for all-cargo competitors like NAC.
AS has had a 73Q down for a few weeks it seems (as my sister had hers upgauged early in the month to a 73G and mine was last week). AS has 3 73G's being converted to freighters that should help with this. Didn't even think about this myself. Hope your freight arrives soon. ^
Old Aug 4, 2017, 12:45 am

Interestingly, the AS freight flight was cancelled tonight due to mechanical issue. Cargo is being to transferred to NAC for them to fly to Nome.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 9:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
N763AS on AS61 SEA-JNU this morning ... pix coming soon in the "Views From Above the Wing" thread

I was more than a little irritated to get out to the N gates and find N768AS operating the northbound milk run (AS65) ... it hadn't even occurred to me to look beyond the nonstop Combi when I booked a month or so back (of course I wouldn't have had time to take the bus out to the glacier ...)
Old Aug 5, 2017, 9:30 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by jrl767
N763AS on AS61 SEA-JNU this morning ... pix coming soon in the "Views From Above the Wing" thread

I was more than a little irritated to get out to the N gates and find N768AS operating the northbound milk run (AS65) ... it hadn't even occurred to me to look beyond the nonstop Combi when I booked a month or so back (of course I wouldn't have had time to take the bus out to the glacier ...)
jrl767 has inspired me to book my own combi milk run. Hoping to make it work for this coming week.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 2:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Looks like the previously posted info on N768AS was either incorrect or changed as it's still flying.

N794AS looks parked at SEA... probably maintenance

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.