Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Confirmed Journalist Mistake: AS Mileage Plan NOT going to Revenue Based Accrual

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Confirmed Journalist Mistake: AS Mileage Plan NOT going to Revenue Based Accrual

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2016, 1:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC, Delta Silver
looks like the article has been completely pulled down now. Link doesn't work.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 1:49 pm

Programs: AS
Oh my, my heart stopped for a moment when I read first post.
Glad to hear that we can all breathe a sigh of relief.....
Glad Alaska seems to value our loyalty.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 1:50 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75k / AS Boardroom
Regardless of what this article did or did not say, I'd be very surprised if Alaska doesn't change to a revenue based program in the next 3 years. It's only a matter of time IMHO.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 1:57 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Thank God. I know I would do poorly on a revenue based system and would probably just dump the whole thing and fly based on price to a large extent (excluding airlines like Spirit).
Old Jun 10, 2016, 2:01 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Would be interested to see how the print edition read before it was miscorrected online. Anyone in Juneau today that could snag a paper and check?
Old Jun 10, 2016, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by tbau
Regardless of what this article did or did not say, I'd be very surprised if Alaska doesn't change to a revenue based program in the next 3 years. It's only a matter of time IMHO.
If they are the only major U.S. player that is not on revenue based, then it's potentially a good argument to stay that way for differentiation...which in my experience Alaska seems to value differentiation.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
AS is already mostly revenue based on partners. Not the you must spend X dollars but you can't say that reduced earning in lower fares isn't tied somewhat to revenue. I think it's the fairest way to handle it. Revenue based with out being in your face about how cheap you are like other programs
Old Jun 10, 2016, 2:31 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Can't say I'm surprised the Juneau Empire would screw this up. That paper has had a revolving door of editors and reporters, and lately some of their articles have been either flat out wrong or reeking of bias.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC, Delta Silver
Originally Posted by rustykettel
Would be interested to see how the print edition read before it was miscorrected online. Anyone in Juneau today that could snag a paper and check?
Here you go, they have a viewer of the print version on their website-
http://digital.olivesoftware.com/oli...e/default.aspx

The correct quote is found on page A8.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 2:37 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
One Miles At A Time has it posted:

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...ogram-changes/
Old Jun 10, 2016, 2:38 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75k, Marriott Gold, SPG
I may be understanding this wrong but wouldn't An AS revenue program still not be as rough on leisure and low fare travelers as AA and Delta given AS doesn't have international or business class.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 2:39 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
I've updated the thread title to reflect this was a mistake.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 3:25 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
And what's really amusing is that they have an updated version of the article, with the critical "not" reinserted, but led by saying they'd updated due to a completely different error; no mention of the "will not" / "will" / "will not" flip-flop in that intro.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by rybob1
Here you go, they have a viewer of the print version on their website-
http://digital.olivesoftware.com/oli...e/default.aspx

The correct quote is found on page A8.
Thanks. If anyone in Juneau can take an actual photo of the newspaper I would really appreciate it. Please PM me.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 4:01 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum
And what's really amusing is that they have an updated version of the article, with the critical "not" reinserted, but led by saying they'd updated due to a completely different error; no mention of the "will not" / "will" / "will not" flip-flop in that intro.
On Twitter they apologized with a link to the new article related to "American airlines "

https://twitter.com/JuneauEmpire/sta...69920600997889

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.