Earning on DL for W Class (C+)..?

Old Jun 9, 2016, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
just don't expect much in the way of service on some of those out of the way LAX Routes, my last LAX-RDU flight was disappointing to say the least.
Delta meal service is set by flight distance and departure time with a limited number of exceptions. The matrix is published. Are you speaking specifically of other service elements?
Old Jun 9, 2016, 6:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Delta meal service is set by flight distance and departure time with a limited number of exceptions. The matrix is published. Are you speaking specifically of other service elements?
both meal and other elements. it had been awhile since i did a transcon in F on DL so i guess despite what was "published", i was expecting a bit more based on previous (and now probably out of date) experiences.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by LIH Prem
/WCOM was the old designator, apparently they aren't doing that anymore. (and that's about the sum of my entire knowledge of Delta fare codes.)

https://pro.delta.com/content/agency...structure.html

Somebody dissected my fare code in the delta forum when I asked about it. It really is TAVSA0CK

See post #12 and the following posts here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...107-fares.html-David
Well if the second to last code designate the cabin are we going to start earning 50% for Basic Economy? I mean the example they give is a X fare.

No wonder they wanted to block information from EF, Like I thought to make it more confusing for everyone.

Doing a dummy booking for E fare DTW-FLL I get fare basis VEWNA0BP

Maybe you will get lucky and it will post as a C (Full fare Business). TAVSA0CK
Old Jun 9, 2016, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
both meal and other elements. it had been awhile since i did a transcon in F on DL so i guess despite what was "published", i was expecting a bit more based on previous (and now probably out of date) experiences.
from my experience his year, DL only does redeye "meal" service on the LAX/SFO-JFK trips in D1; before pushback the FA asked the F pax if they wanted the single item (iirc a cheeseburger; I declined) ... regular F service on the other TCON and almost-TCON redeyes (I've recently flown SEA-JFK and PDX-DTW) consists of the snack basket, since they're all post-9pm departures
Old Jun 20, 2016, 2:51 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
Anything new on credit for Comfort+ booked at time of purchase. I have a short flight coming up, under the 500-mile min, so underlying fare class is less important than if I'll earn miles (or more importantly segments) if booked C+ vs MC. The price difference is only $20, but F is $140 more and not worth if for the short length.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by jrl767
from my experience his year, DL only does redeye "meal" service on the LAX/SFO-JFK trips in D1; before pushback the FA asked the F pax if they wanted the single item (iirc a cheeseburger; I declined) ... regular F service on the other TCON and almost-TCON redeyes (I've recently flown SEA-JFK and PDX-DTW) consists of the snack basket, since they're all post-9pm departures
LAX-RDU is not solely a redeye...most days there is a ~10:30am departure out of LAX, RON at RDU and a 7am return exRDU.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 7:04 pm

Original Poster

Originally Posted by IsleOfMan
Anything new on credit for Comfort+ booked at time of purchase. I have a short flight coming up, under the 500-mile min, so underlying fare class is less important than if I'll earn miles (or more importantly segments) if booked C+ vs MC. The price difference is only $20, but F is $140 more and not worth if for the short length.
nothing has changed yet. Still waiting.

At this point, to be safe, if you want to credit to AS, I would not book the Delta Comfort+ (W) fares.

-David
Old Jun 20, 2016, 7:32 pm

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hyatt, SPG
Originally Posted by jrl767
There are recent reports in the DL forum of there being a meal tray with single option snack such as a sandwich or salad being offered on the SEA-JFK red-eyes. They have also sked changed the departure to 9:30pm starting late this year though that's still outside the regular full meal window IIRC.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 7:33 pm

Has anyone actually flown on a DL W fare and had the miles post to AS yet (or not post as the case may be)?
Old Jun 20, 2016, 7:36 pm

Original Poster

Originally Posted by SamuelS
Has anyone actually flown on a DL W fare and had the miles post to AS yet (or not post as the case may be)?
you might want to re-read this thread.

-David
Old Jun 22, 2016, 3:36 pm

you might want to re-read this thread.

-David
No one in this thread has posted any results yet - the only report I can see is yours which is "still waiting to hear back from AS". Certainly if you have any other information please feel free to share.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 10:05 pm

Original Poster

doh!

I guess my DL W transcon and it not posting to my AS MP account was just a dream.

Thanks for straightening that out for me.

-David
Old Jun 23, 2016, 10:31 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by SamuelS
Flew PBI-ATL-CLT-ATL-PBI on 5/16 and 5/18 and nothing has posted to my account yet.

Hadn't seen this thread and was the only W fare I have flown. About to e-mail in to AS I suppose.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by apodo77
Hadn't seen this thread and was the only W fare I have flown. About to e-mail in to AS I suppose.
At this point yes please fill out the missing miles request. Let us know how it goes.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 2:13 pm

doh!

I guess my DL W transcon and it not posting to my AS MP account was just a dream.

Thanks for straightening that out for me.

-David
Sorry if you've mentioned this before in the thread, but i'm confused.

Did the miles post from your Comfort+ flight?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.