Gate Pass & Boardroom access?

Old May 18, 2016, 12:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Gate Pass & Boardroom access?

My wife is flying with our infant son on Alaska in June. I'm thinking I'll get a gate pass from AS to help her get through security and on to the plane with the baby gear.

1 - If i get a gate pass, i take it there is no way it's precheck, huh?
2 - With a gate pass, and her travelling on AS, can I use my AAdmiral's club membership to get in to boardroom or only if I personally am travelling that day?
Old May 18, 2016, 12:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
1 - Not likely; I've personally never had a non-BP "security document" accept my KTN. But it should recognize your elite status.
2 - Since the rules state that you need a membership card + same day ticket/boarding pass, then not likely (since AS uses that info to correctly charge AA for your access while on the trip).
Old May 18, 2016, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
buy a refundable ticket for a flight that departs later than hers and then cancel it and refund it after she and the kid are safely on their way. this will take care of both issues.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.