Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MM comped Digiplayer in Coach

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2016, 7:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
MM comped Digiplayer in Coach

I flew 792 SEA-DTW a few days ago and was seated in the exit row. When the Digiplayer cart came by, the F/A asked if I would like my complimentary digiplayer. I politely demurred as I was watching the new Star Wars movie on my Surface.

I considered it a one-off event until today on 793, again seated in exit row, I got the same offer. And it wasn't the same cabin crew. Again demurred as I had downloaded more movies for the return trip.

Any other MM's have this experience lately?

Last edited by dave1013; May 9, 2016 at 8:51 am
Old May 8, 2016, 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by dave1013
I flew 792 SEA-DTW a few days ago and was seated in the exit row. When the Digiplayer cart came by, the F/A asked if I would like my complimentary digiplayer. I politely demurred as I was watching the new Star Wars movie on my Surface.

I considered it a one-off event until today on 793, again seated in exit row, I go the same offer. And it wasn't the same cabin crew. Again demurred as I had downloaded more movies for the return trip.

Any other MM's have this experience lately?
The Flight Attendants are a little confused about the comping policies, despite the policies being published in bulletins multiple times. Logic would dictate that, if you comp a Gold a drink and a 75K a drink and an entertainment player then you would think that you would comp a MM both of those things plus the free food item that they get. The reason the MM don't necessarily get all three is because it's possible to be a MM without actually being a 75K. In fact, I guess, because you get MVP Gold for life, it's possible to be a MM without actually flying much on Alaska at all once you achieve the MM status. The free entertainment players are for 75K's only. I presume you know this though, hence your question. I would enjoy and just know that you may not be the benefit of someone's mistake on other flights. Hope that helps.
Old May 9, 2016, 6:50 am

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
I'm still trying to figure out why Dave was in the exit row....
Old May 9, 2016, 8:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
Originally Posted by UAPremierExec
I'm still trying to figure out why Dave was in the exit row....
Award ticket.

There is a limit to AS's largesse!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.