Need 364 Mileage Plan miles

Old May 4, 16, 9:41 am
Original Poster

Need 364 Mileage Plan miles

Hello:

I have 2 relatives who have 9636 miles each in an Alaska Mileage Plan account when they took a trip with us 2 years ago.

Those miles will expire in August.

Neither of them travel much or will use those miles, so they offered them to me rather than have them expire.

Looks like the best use of those miles would be to use the 10,000 miles for $100 off using the miles + money booking.

However, each of the 2 relatives are 364 miles short of 10,000 miles.

What is the easisest way to get them 364 miles each?

I know you can buy something through the shopping mall but I don't want to have to deal with setting up their credit cards and buying something they don't need.
(unless there is a way I can purchase something on my credit card but have the miles credited to their account. I assume that can't be done if the names don't match)

I was thinking emiles or e rewards but i've heard mixed reviews on the amount of time it takes and also many times you do the surveys and get kicked out and get no miles.

Are there any 400-500 mile promotions for signing up for something or registering for email newsletters, etc?

Thanks.
Old May 4, 16, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
MP dining, if there are restaurants in the area.
Old May 4, 16, 9:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K View Post
MP dining, if there are restaurants in the area.
Thanks--although I think MP dining is tied into the CC# (regardless of the name) and I already have all my CC's registered to MP dining with different airlines.

When I tried (a few years ago) to register a CC, it said it was already tied into a Frequent Flyer account.
Old May 4, 16, 10:06 am
Formerly known as stellertony

Programs: UA Gold, DL Gold, NEXUS, APEC
The online shopping mall isn't tied to a credit card, so you should be able to set up accounts for both of them and buy something through that.
Old May 4, 16, 10:10 am

Programs: AS MVP
Buying something through the shopping portal, even for $5,will reset the counter on those miles for another 18 months. Good way to keep some accounts from expiring.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: