Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Exclusive reception for Alaska Airlines and Emirates?

Old May 2, 16, 5:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG 75k, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Avis Perferred Plus

Did anyone else receive an email invitation to an "Emirates and Alaska Airlines Partnership Event" this month?

From the email I got (removed my name)...

Dear XXXX,
Please join leaders from Alaska Airlines and Emirates at an exclusive evening reception at the beautiful Chihuly Glass House.
Together with friends from both airlines, guests will have an opportunity to discover the full range of benefits from this partnership, while networking with senior executives.
Please join us for exceptional hospitality and a chance to win a surprise giveaway.
RSVP info and a link to a separate site was included and it was prepopulated with all my info. Wonder how they targeted the invite?

Anyway, wonder if they have anything new to announce! I can't wait to be there and find out -- and hopefully win that surprise giveaway too!
Old May 2, 16, 5:33 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, AA, BA, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum, IHG, Hertz 5*
If you could report back on the event afterward, that would be great!

Networking with executives from both could mean an opportunity to get clarity directly on the Award redemption devaluation, though I'm sure they're tired of hearing about it.
Old May 2, 16, 5:43 pm
Original Poster

Will report back for sure!

Re: the devaluation -- I traded a bunch of emails with their management on the day of the devaluation. (Hey -- Maybe that's how I got targeted with the invite.) Won't divulge details from the personal communications, but I took away that they weren't given a choice. I could tell it was the absolute last thing they wanted to do, but I do think they were a little caught off-guard by how immediate and sharp the reaction was.
Old May 2, 16, 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by bherman View Post
Did anyone else receive an email invitation to an "Emirates and Alaska Airlines Partnership Event" this month?

From the email I got (removed my name)...

RSVP info and a link to a separate site was included and it was prepopulated with all my info. Wonder how they targeted the invite?

Anyway, wonder if they have anything new to announce! I can't wait to be there and find out -- and hopefully win that surprise giveaway too!
Please let me know if I can be your +1. I am a HUGE Chihuly fan and I am looking at an Emirates trip in the near future.
Old May 2, 16, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott LTG, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Thanks for the info

Sounds like a blast!
Old May 3, 16, 11:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jopalenc View Post
Please let me know if I can be your +1. I am a HUGE Chihuly fan and I am looking at an Emirates trip in the near future.
Wish I could, but there wasn't a place for +1s in the invite. Will report back!
Old May 4, 16, 8:20 pm
Original Poster

Another interesting data point to add...

I've been getting emails from the Alaska Airlines Insight Community program, saying that they are looking to cast someone in an upcoming television commercial they are planning to film at SeaTac on "May 19 or 20."

Given the alignment with the dates that Emirates senior executives will be in town for the Chihuly Museum event, wouldn't be surprised if it's a co-branded ad of some sort...
Old May 5, 16, 1:35 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan
Does anyone know if AS MVP Gold's still have access to the EK Business Class Lounge in DXB? I remember it being advertised before, but am not seeing it on this site:

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...-benefits.aspx
Old May 5, 16, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott LTG, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by NOTinGST View Post
Does anyone know if AS MVP Gold's still have access to the EK Business Class Lounge in DXB? I remember it being advertised before, but am not seeing it on this site:

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...-benefits.aspx
Here's the press release:

http://www.emirates.com/media-centre...uted-in-30-min
Old May 5, 16, 10:14 pm
Moderator, Trip Reports

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Looks like a really cool event . Take pics
Old May 6, 16, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by beckoa View Post
Press release from October says it's pending government approval. Has anyone seen a subsequent update, or is it still pending approval? Is lounge access and priority boarding contingent on the approval as well, or is it already in effect?

I haven't flown Emirates since last year, can someone with recent experience expound? Or check at this event?
Old May 10, 16, 6:13 pm

Programs: Skywards,
Got invited for this event as well

Understand they are announcing the launch of the partnership and its benefits. This event is being attended by frequent flier and travel agents from both sides....
Old May 21, 16, 6:51 pm
Original Poster

Hi all, just wanted to close the loop on this...

I went to the event last night with my partner. We had a conflict before that ran over (and the rain didn't help), so we ended up getting there late and missed the program. But we were there in time to at least enjoy some wine, food, and conversation with the many people in attendance.

The crowd included many Alaska and Emirates execs, as well as invited guests of the Seattle-based corporate-travel community. From what we heard, there were no new announcements made during the program -- the event seemed to be aimed at hosting Emirates execs who were no-doubt in town on business, and also as outreach for the local sales teams of Alaska and Emirates to interface with their clients.

And we also sadly missed the giveaway! From what we heard, it was two round trip tickets. Not 100% sure if the tickets were for Alaska, Emirates, or both -- or what class of service. But my hope is that someone won two round trip, first class tickets to [insert your Emirates dream destination here].

Photos from the event are here: http://mkto-sj140071.com/G0F0O830Wn0lR0Vd0000tW4
(Password is "emiratesalaska" - no quotes)

And as an added bonus, all guests received a gift bag filled with a box af Seattle Chocolates and two wine glasses with Alaska and Emirates logos on them:

Old May 21, 16, 7:20 pm
Original Poster

And for those of you not willing to click through, here are a few of the pics:

Name:  160519-e-a-partnership-event008.jpg
Views: 589
Size:  469.3 KB

Name:  160519-e-a-partnership-event001.jpg
Views: 543
Size:  130.2 KB

Name:  160519-e-a-partnership-event032.jpg
Views: 534
Size:  181.3 KB

Name:  160519-e-a-partnership-event045.jpg
Views: 549
Size:  266.7 KB

Name:  160519-e-a-partnership-event062.jpg
Views: 552
Size:  235.2 KB

Name:  160519-e-a-partnership-event155.jpg
Views: 616
Size:  357.5 KB
Old May 24, 16, 4:19 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Cheeky campaign. Ideas: Nice clock. (BA: Big Ben) Nice theatre. (QF: Sydney Opera House) Nice mountain. (JL: Mount Fuji)

Make it happen AS!!!

Search this Thread