Pretzels & Biscoff - New Comp snacks

Old Apr 15, 16, 12:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Gold - Hertz PC - BW Diamond - IHG Plat
Pretzels & Biscoff - New Comp snacks

Yo - not that any of us ever fly in coach (cough) but on a couple recent SEA-JFK status runs It's become apparent that Our favorite airline abandoned the Ol' honey mustard (or caramel breakfast version) snack mix packs. Thank God ! (IMHO) I asked my friendly FA tonight and she confirmed. Pretzel pack's all around now (Thank God) and when I asked her about the recent Biscoff handout she confirmed Breakfast flights offer Biscoff (my recent experience) thank God !

I'm not particularly religious but am so glad that nasty snack mix has flown off.

I didn't care for it at all - for the past 15 + years. Not that ever end up in Y.

Suprised this hasn't been mentioned yet around the forum.

How does everyone else feel ?
Old Apr 15, 16, 1:02 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
Yo - not that any of us ever fly in coach (cough) but on a couple recent SEA-JFK status runs It's become apparent that Our favorite airline abandoned the Ol' honey mustard (or caramel breakfast version) snack mix packs. Thank God ! (IMHO) I asked my friendly FA tonight and she confirmed. Pretzel pack's all around now (Thank God) and when I asked her about the recent Biscoff handout she confirmed Breakfast flights offer Biscoff (my recent experience) thank God !

I'm not particularly religious but am so glad that nasty snack mix has flown off.

I didn't care for it at all - for the past 15 + years. Not that ever end up in Y.

Suprised this hasn't been mentioned yet around the forum.

How does everyone else feel ?
Neither excited nor disappointed. Pretzels aren't a favorite, but Biscoffs are good. Sums to zero for me.
Old Apr 15, 16, 1:30 am

Those honey mustard snack mixes were so good! I haven't seen those in years; just the seasoned ones. I've been disappointed in just the pretzels... not as tasty.
Old Apr 15, 16, 1:34 am

Programs: DL FO, Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Happy for the Biscoffs on morning flights, but as someone who doesn't care for hard pretzels, I really liked the difference snack mixes.
Old Apr 15, 16, 1:35 am

Programs: Alaskans fly everywhere on any aircraft going there!
Biscoff is good! They also do a spread the consistency of peanut butter but it tastes like Biscoff....wonderful on toast!
Old Apr 15, 16, 1:40 am

My flights last month had biscoffs in morning and snack mix in the PM. Don't really have an issue with snack mix vs pretzels, but I actually like the zesty snack mix.
Old Apr 15, 16, 1:46 am
Original Poster

Well I must be in the minority and late to the party. Maybe my upgrade percentage is high but Monday's flights were my first with pretzels and Biscoff. I like the changes. Seems you all had seen it sooner than I and have more mixed feelings than I do on it.
Old Apr 15, 16, 3:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott LTG, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Soo sad.

Those pretzels are meh.

Now if they had honey mustard pretzels...

This was mentioned off handedly in the F food thread last month.

And when I had mine there was no AS branding on the package. Is there any AS branding yet?
Old Apr 15, 16, 6:11 am
Original Poster

No sir, No Alaska branding on the deliciously honey mustard free pretzels
Old Apr 15, 16, 7:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kileysmom View Post
Biscoff is good! They also do a spread the consistency of peanut butter but it tastes like Biscoff....wonderful on toast!
Trader joes also has their own knock off version of the spread called "Speculos"

Fwiw: Breakfast Blend snack mix is back on my AM flight home to SEA. Perhaps just leftovers or something.

I wonder if there is a method to the madness?
Old Apr 15, 16, 7:27 am

Programs: AS MVP Au, UA Ag, Marriott Ti, IHG Au, HH Ag, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred, *$ Au
Originally Posted by beckoa View Post
Soo sad.

Those pretzels are meh.

Now if they had honey mustard pretzels...

This was mentioned off handedly in the F food thread last month.

And when I had mine there was no AS branding on the package. Is there any AS branding yet?
I saw the honey mustard pretzels again on QX last monday! They ran out of the plain ones half way through and the next bag (maybe leftovers?) was the honey mustard. I almost asked if I could trade my plain ones but I didn't want to be too greedy. Maybe it's time to have a coach food thread?

No ranch flavor pretzels please!
Old Apr 15, 16, 9:29 am

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Not a fan of pretzels. I'll miss the snack mix.

Originally Posted by kileysmom View Post
Try the crunchy one. I spread it on apples sometimes. Or just eat it right out of the jar.
Old Apr 15, 16, 10:39 am

Programs: AS MVP, BW Plat, SPG Gold, IHG Plat
I LOVE the new Biscoff cookies for the AM flights partly because they are a great alternative to the yucky AM snack mix with those little pieces of dried fruit that do nothing but stick to your teeth...ugh! As for the pretzels, I'm ok with them, but I also eat quite a few of them at home so I really would prefer something different while traveling and honestly, the crunchy ranch (not that powdered mustard stuff) snack mix was quite tasty so that will definitely be missed.
Old Apr 15, 16, 10:45 am

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold75k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
I love the biscoff, and hated the savory snack packs and am glad to see them go. I love the sea salt popcorn when that is up in front (of course I have just "heard" about it being in the back all the time (cough)
Old Apr 15, 16, 12:14 pm

This is so petty, but bears mentioning:

DL Biscoffs are *markedly* larger - much bigger than the ones you can buy at retail or Alaska is serving.

I really, really love Biscoffs. Ridiculously so. They'd be really delicious with a Coconut Grizzly, I bet (if we're bringing back fun things from the past).

Search this Thread