Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

MPs for under-18's don't need to expire - nice CS today

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2016, 3:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG, Bonvoy Titanium, NEXUS

I got notices that the MP accounts for my kids would be suspended soon because they hadn't used them in two years... I called in and found out that AS will extend them for free for kids under 18. The great CS I spoke with added one mile to each of their accounts. to extend them another two years.

Anyway, good CS and good info for those who may not know that minors have more lenient rules then the rest of us.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 6:44 am

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
I wonder if this is S.O.P. ? If so, that's great and probably valuable news to those with kid's enrolled in the MP who don't fly often.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 8:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG, Bonvoy Titanium, NEXUS
I specifically asked if this was policy and he said yes.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 10:21 am

Programs: AS MVPG
It's been that way for awhile. I recall several years ago calling to get a mileage balance only to find out it had expired a year earlier. They were kind enough to reinstate although it begs the question, they have the birthdate on file, can the computer just manage all of this instead of having folks call to extend. I should also note, at the time you couldnt create an online account for anyone under the age of 12. Apparently now you can but you have to call, you can't create it online.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
With most kids these days having apple/Microsoft/android this really doesn't save much as you can spend money on a single song ion iTunes and renew for another 2 years.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 4:56 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Better yet, I think they should provide for household linkage of accounts such that they all share the latest expiration date of the set. This could be done based on a shared address. ...but that takes effort towards the benefits of customers so lower priority :S
Old Apr 18, 2016, 9:58 pm

Programs: Alaskans fly everywhere on any aircraft going there!
Just go shopping! When my grandson is closing in on expiring, I just shop on his account on theMileage Plan shopping...great excuse!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.