Search

DL earning on Alaska MileagePlan

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2016, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
DL earning on Alaska MileagePlan

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...ers/delta.aspx

The table here suggests that when flying DL metal with DL code, you can earn a minimum of 500 miles for a sub-500 mile flight.

But if the flight is over 500 miles, do the fractional earnings kick in? ie. for a 650 mile long flight, would you earn fewer than 500 miles on a V-class ticket?

That would mean that a sub-500 mile flight actually earns more miles because of the guarantee than a longer flight, in certain fare classes.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 2:45 pm

Programs: AS G75K
My experience is that if the calculated miles are less than 500, it gets bumped to 500. For instance, the 650 mile flight at 50% would be 325. Then you would get 175 bonus miles.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 2:46 pm

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by salut0
https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...ers/delta.aspx

The table here suggests that when flying DL metal with DL code, you can earn a minimum of 500 miles for a sub-500 mile flight.

But if the flight is over 500 miles, do the fractional earnings kick in? ie. for a 650 mile long flight, would you earn fewer than 500 miles on a V-class ticket?

That would mean that a sub-500 mile flight actually earns more miles because of the guarantee than a longer flight, in certain fare classes.
You'll earn a minimum of 500, period.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 2:51 pm

As an MVP75K I earn a minimum of 1000 total miles for every DL flight i take, even a really cheap one. So you get the 500 minimum no matter what, even on a 600 mile flight you got on a cheapo fare. I actually do better on DL crediting to Alaska for cheap fares than if I credited to DL, even not taking elite status into effect in most cases.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 7:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Thanks for the clarification here.

Last question: can a baby (under 1 year old) join MileagePlan? If not allowed "officially", is there some sort of workaround for those in the know?
Old Apr 14, 2016, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by salut0
Thanks for the clarification here.

Last question: can a baby (under 1 year old) join MileagePlan? If not allowed "officially", is there some sort of workaround for those in the know?
Any age can join. Only limit is under 13 cant have an online profile due to privacy laws. Joining must be done over the phone. I believe there are some babies that have MVP status.

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...-overview.aspx

Children under 13 are not eligible for a My Account profile, but may be enrolled in Mileage Plan™ by calling us at Alaska Airlines 1-800-252-7522 (TTY: Dial 711 for Relay Services) 5:00 a.m. - Midnight (PT), daily
Old Apr 18, 2016, 3:15 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by CDKing
Any age can join. Only limit is under 13 cant have an online profile due to privacy laws. Joining must be done over the phone. I believe there are some babies that have MVP status.

I have a new bundle of joy (and sleepless nights) arriving in early July. So that should be enough time for him to earn MVP. Daddy has almost hit Gold.

(I promise to bring ear plugs and candy!)
Old Apr 18, 2016, 6:38 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
If the rumor of DL ending partnership ends up being true, you may end up with zero miles. Tread carefully.

Jiburi
Old Apr 18, 2016, 8:49 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by jiburi
If the rumor of DL ending partnership ends up being true, you may end up with zero miles. Tread carefully.

Jiburi
Wouldn't surprise me. I think it's a telling sign that the two have effectively terminated their lounge agreement.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 11:36 pm

Programs: AS - MVP75k, Marriott - Titanium, Hertz - PC
Originally Posted by CDKing

Hmmm. I have accounts (My Account) for both my 9 and 3 year olds. Not sure what I did, but I like having the account accessible. Only 996,000 more miles for my 3 year old to hit MM
Old Apr 19, 2016, 9:10 am

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Originally Posted by aviatorzz
Wouldn't surprise me. I think it's a telling sign that the two have effectively terminated their lounge agreement.
I'm not so sure. I've been told, it was AS that initiated the termination of the DL/AS lounge benefit. Tho the partnership was already souring, back then, there was still no picture of VX/AS merger...

Jiburi

PS: DL is now building a huge lounge in SEA at the corner of A and B terminal, scheduled to open in Summer 2016.... (or later).
Old Apr 20, 2016, 10:07 am

Programs: UA, AA, SW, VX, VS, SPG, HH
AS miles for Delta marketed flights?

Booked and flew SFO-LAX-SYD-BNE-POM-BNE-LAX-SFO. With the exception of the US domestic flights, we were on VA iron. On the Delta website I indicated that we wanted to receive AS miles/points for the flights. Is this within their rules? Thus far, nothing has shown up, either on AS or DL mileage plans.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 10:13 am

Programs: Alaska 100k
Originally Posted by Marbella85
Booked and flew SFO-LAX-SYD-BNE-POM-BNE-LAX-SFO. With the exception of the US domestic flights, we were on VA iron. On the Delta website I indicated that we wanted to receive AS miles/points for the flights. Is this within their rules? Thus far, nothing has shown up, either on AS or DL mileage plans.
Virgin Australia is not a partner of Alaska. You will not receive any credit for those flights.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 10:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by sturges
Virgin Australia is not a partner of Alaska. You will not receive any credit for those flights.
DL doesn't allow you to change the FF account/program associated with a PNR after the first segment has been boarded. Thus you cannot split credit between DL and AS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.