Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

"Insight Community" Research Surveys / Responses and Comments

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: Did you get accepted into the AS "Insight Community"?
Yes!
54.29%
No, I waitlisted.
31.43%
No, I did the survey but skipped the waitlist.
0%
I did not do the survey.
8.57%
Waitist Cleared!
5.71%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

"Insight Community" Research Surveys / Responses and Comments

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2018, 6:33 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
I couldn't find anything west coasty about any of the things on offer - they all sounded like starbucks to go meals.

Using flavors like - cedar (cedar planked salmon), huckleberries/blueberries (syrup anyone) would be a start, beecher's cheddar is fine, but how about some chuckkar's cherries? La panzanella crackers?
Olympic provisions salami? Potatoes from Idaho or east of the mountains? Lentils from the palouse?
For vegetables - look to Tom Douglas' Prosser farms for inspiration, look to local cooking blogs, Jonathan Sundstrom's Lark cookbook.

I realize these things don't necessarily scale up, but they can help guide the process of creating inspired and delicious menus.

I honestly given up on most Alaska offerings, I don't buy on board unless desperate. Usually pass on the food in F - they typically forget to load something, cheese for pasta, salad dressing for salads, so it is just easier to eat a luna bar or bring a sandwich or eat at airport.

My six cents worth.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 6:34 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Originally Posted by steve64
One of my options was "West Coast Cobb Salad".
Seemed like a decent choice as it was just a standard Cobb Salad. On all of my 8 options, I selected "not at all/strongly disagree" for the "does this make you think of west coast" (I don't remember the exact wording). Oh yea, adding "west coast" to the name of the salad really changed it to a more regional flavor

I liked the survey, but do think there's too much emphasis on this "west coast" concept. I don't really know what "west coast food" means other than regional ingredients.
West coast flavors? salmon? cheese? together on a salad. I DIE.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 6:55 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gold
Unless AS is going to award me with free upgrades or points per survey completed, today marks the end of my survey participation. Lost interest.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 11:03 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Tonight's survey was on in-flight entertainment, with a heavy emphasis on the value/importance of offering Live TV. The questions suggested that AS is considering offering a limited number of channels through the soon-to-be installed satellite Wi-Fi. Maybe through streaming.

This was the best, most detailed, best-thought-out survey so far. Lots of questions that followed a logical flow. Some ability to rank preferences. The theme seemed to be wanting to know how important Live TV would be to me, and how valuable would it be relative to movies.

An example:
If live TV were a complimentary option (in addition to complimentary movies), which would you prefer to watch?

To support @tom911, I felt obligated to rank (most) news and business channels the highest (hope he'll survive without Fox News ). One question asked about a limited offering of four live channels.

It certainly seems that non-seatback Live TV is still under consideration.

The last question asked for any other comments. I forgot to add how useful I find the in-flight map and route info. I hope others can include a similar sentiment.

Last edited by dayone; Mar 15, 2018 at 11:08 pm
Old Mar 15, 2018, 11:45 pm

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by dayone
The last question asked for any other comments. I forgot to add how useful I find the in-flight map and route info. I hope others can include a similar sentiment.
I included comments about this.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by flyupfrnt

I included comments about this.
i included a comment about not wanting to fly in Stygian darkness during the day because people want to watch tv instead of looking out the window
flyupfrnt likes this.
Old May 10, 2018, 12:51 pm

Programs: AS
Received survey today. Asking choices for breakfast items for purchase in Y. No mention on price for selected choices. I am sure that will be the next survey. "How much would you pay for this?"
At the end, noticed that AS has even become cheap on monthly entry prize drawing for those completing survey .
In the past there was the possibility of getting $100 , now reduced to 5000 miles.

"AS, come on... you are really using up any good will left"
Old May 10, 2018, 2:24 pm
T2A

Programs: Alaska MVPG
The croissant sandwich looked pretty good.
Old May 11, 2018, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by pcoll
Received survey today. Asking choices for breakfast items for purchase in Y. No mention on price for selected choices. I am sure that will be the next survey. "How much would you pay for this?"
At the end, noticed that AS has even become cheap on monthly entry prize drawing for those completing survey .
In the past there was the possibility of getting $100 , now reduced to 5000 miles.

"AS, come on... you are really using up any good will left"
I thought the protein choice looked promising, but the presentation lacked.
Old May 11, 2018, 8:49 am

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Strange... I haven't received a new survey email since they switched to the new survey provider they mentioned a few months back. Just checked spam folders and nothin..
Old May 11, 2018, 10:13 pm

Programs: Alaska Mileage Plan
Originally Posted by be_rettSEA
Strange... I haven't received a new survey email since they switched to the new survey provider they mentioned a few months back. Just checked spam folders and nothin..
I got one right after they converted and none since.
Old May 12, 2018, 2:06 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by Kattygirl
I got one right after they converted and none since.
None in the last couple of months, including the one about breakfast. I did not get it.
Old May 22, 2018, 8:39 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Apart from the Insight Community survey & usual Alaska Listens, I received an email survey invite for a recent QX flight. Seems to be tailored to my status as it asked if I received a complimentary first beverage or chocolate (on EUG-PDX? ) among other questions. Asked about comparator airlines including VX and ended by asking if I knew which of the following international airlines from a list were AS partners.

Darn it! I forgot to put PDB in the write-in box for service improvements.
Old May 29, 2018, 8:03 pm

Programs: AS
Just received new survey for AS Insight Community.
They were looking for feedback regarding possible food offerings in Main Cabin for purchase.
Mornings on flights over 3 hours - yogurt version of protein plate. For afternoons and evenings , flights over 3 hours , they asked for feedback on 2 items.
Protein plate similar to one being served currently on AS in F on west coast flights. Cobb Salad. - greens, grilled chicken , avocado, asparagus, beechers cheese and cherry tomatoes with dressing.
Asked how it fits with current west coast food emphasis on AS. All three looked like pretty good choices. Price point was not mentioned only, if the price seemed reasonable would you purchase this meal.
Old May 29, 2018, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Great more yogurt

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.