Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

"Insight Community" Research Surveys / Responses and Comments

View Poll Results: Did you get accepted into the AS "Insight Community"?
Yes!
54.29%
No, I waitlisted.
31.43%
No, I did the survey but skipped the waitlist.
0%
I did not do the survey.
8.57%
Waitist Cleared!
5.71%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

"Insight Community" Research Surveys / Responses and Comments

Old Jun 10, 2016, 7:02 am

Programs: AS MVP , Delta Gold Medallion, "Credit Card" status for various hotels
Originally Posted by jinglish
I haven't been contacted about anything since the first survey. It's possible that they only sending survey invitations to those they actually emailed about the community at launch, and not the people who found the link and signed up uninvited.
I was not initially contacted, but did the survey, "wait listed", then was invited to join a month ago. I did receive the email about the commercial, but am not planning on participating. Who knows how participants are being targeted...
Old Jun 10, 2016, 9:32 am

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
Originally Posted by jinglish
I haven't been contacted about anything since the first survey. It's possible that they only sending survey invitations to those they actually emailed about the community at launch, and not the people who found the link and signed up uninvited.
I was directly emailed/invited about the community launch and still have had no further contact after the first survey request.
PV_Premier, I also received a direct invitation to join the Insight Community, and did so within an hour or so of receiving the invitation in early April.

Since that time I received only one other email - the one on airline safety at the end of April. Other than that, zilch ...
Old Jun 10, 2016, 10:30 am

Programs: AS
Looks like they want people who live in Seattle and are MVP and higher.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 11:12 am

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by AKCuisine
PV_Premier, I also received a direct invitation to join the Insight Community, and did so within an hour or so of receiving the invitation in early April.

Since that time I received only one other email - the one on airline safety at the end of April. Other than that, zilch ...
Originally Posted by pcoll
Looks like they want people who live in Seattle and are MVP and higher.
I have had only two surveys since joining and a chance to enter a contest. Not sure what the demographics are since I am 75K, 1MM and live Anchorage. Very limited interaction so far.
Old Jun 11, 2016, 10:05 am

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
Originally Posted by BOB W
I have had only two surveys since joining and a chance to enter a contest. Not sure what the demographics are since I am 75K, 1MM and live Anchorage. Very limited interaction so far.
I'm a 75K and live in Anchorage, and so far all I've seen are the two surveys. There's been no other contact from the Insight Community since I became an "invited charter member."
Old Jun 17, 2016, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
I received a new survey yesterday about the credit card.

It asked questions like how did you first hear about the card, what factors led you to apply for it, what are the features that keep you using it, and what would you tell your friends about why they should apply for it.

There was also an odd question that seemed to suggest they were considering renaming the companion fare benefit. Options such as "buddy pass", "bring a friend", "FriendToo", etc were offered and I was asked to rank them on the basis of how well I thought they represented the benefit. In the end I don't see a problem with Companion Fare, so I suggested no change. Of the 10 other options presented that I was asked to rate, at least 7 of them were non-starters in my opinion.

They also had a question about the marketing statement around the companion fare, and whether the costs associated with the companion ticket should continue to be included, or whether it should be made more generic and 'exciting' like "Fly with a friend anywhere and save hundreds of dollars!"

It was a pretty stupid survey, addressing something that in my opinion doesn't need to be changed or improved. If I hadn't been killing time in line somewhere as I completed it, I would be regretting wasting the time. In fact it was so stupid I don't know why I am wasting the time posting about it LOL.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 1:06 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
I received a new survey yesterday about the credit card.

It asked questions like how did you first hear about the card, what factors led you to apply for it, what are the features that keep you using it, and what would you tell your friends about why they should apply for it.

There was also an odd question that seemed to suggest they were considering renaming the companion fare benefit. Options such as "buddy pass", "bring a friend", "FriendToo", etc were offered and I was asked to rank them on the basis of how well I thought they represented the benefit. In the end I don't see a problem with Companion Fare, so I suggested no change. Of the 10 other options presented that I was asked to rate, at least 7 of them were non-starters in my opinion.

They also had a question about the marketing statement around the companion fare, and whether the costs associated with the companion ticket should continue to be included, or whether it should be made more generic and 'exciting' like "Fly with a friend anywhere and save hundreds of dollars!"

It was a pretty stupid survey, addressing something that in my opinion doesn't need to be changed or improved. If I hadn't been killing time in line somewhere as I completed it, I would be regretting wasting the time. In fact it was so stupid I don't know why I am wasting the time posting about it LOL.
Ditto...and I had the same reaction.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 1:17 pm

Programs: HH Gold, IHG Gold
I got the survey as well. FAIL. Whoever put this together does not deserve whatever they were paid. Survey 101 people. If you are going to including a ranking exercise, you have to indicate what is "bad" and what is "good". They have 1-10 and no indication on what a rank of 1 vs. 10 means.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 4:25 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
I thought the survey was dumb too unless they're trying to change the marketing of the CC to get more sign-ups.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 4:41 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Anytime a company wants my opinion, no matter how trivial or innocuous, I am happy to give it. They said it would take 10 minutes and I finished in 5, so no problem playing along. That's just me.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 3:25 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Just got a survey about pilots and was invited to join the discussion board. Did the survey (2 questions) but no way to join or even see the discussion board. It shows up in my activities but again, no way to join in. Anyone else get this and were you successful in joining the discussion?
Old Jul 12, 2016, 3:35 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Finkface
Just got a survey about pilots and was invited to join the discussion board. Did the survey (2 questions) but no way to join or even see the discussion board. It shows up in my activities but again, no way to join in. Anyone else get this and were you successful in joining the discussion?
Ditto. No dice logging in. No access even when I clicked "forgot [really, never assigned] password." How much longer must I wait to make my opinions about arugula known?
Old Jul 12, 2016, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by EkekoBWI
Ditto. No dice logging in. No access even when I clicked "forgot [really, never assigned] password." How much longer must I wait to make my opinions about arugula known?
+1

the other day (yesterday? Friday?) I also got a strange survey about "how to be recognized" as an MVPG on board. it had questions about onboard tokens of appreciation (drinks/chocolate) and it asked me specifically how i'd prefer to be addressed in the cabin (by name or not, first name only, etc) "particularly in light of the fact that many of our frequent flyers will be seated close to one another in our new premium cabin seating" i guess that was a tongue in cheek reference to the impending doom of premium economy. to me it sung of the eventual expectation of fewer upgrades

but the way it was worded, all it made me think was "don't touch me!"
Old Jul 12, 2016, 4:29 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Yup, same here. No way to log in. No way to reset password.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 5:01 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler since 2011, Lifetime MVPG
Hmmmm.... I got in just now just fine.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.