Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

British Airways Lounge Access for AS Elites- LHR Galleries T5 & T3

Old Apr 8, 16, 7:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver, AS 75K 15-18

I just discovered a benefit I didn't know existed when flying BA. Has anyone experienced the lounge there? What are the procedures required when accessing Galleries Lounge in London? Is this just a trial?

Available to MVP Gold and MVP Gold 75K members April 1.–September 30, 2016, when traveling between London and Seattle

Club World priority check-in and boarding at Seattle (SEA) and London-Heathrow (LHR) airports.
Fast Track security access at London-Heathrow (LHR) airport
Access to the Terminal 5 Galleries Lounge at London-Heathrow (LHR) airport
https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...-benefits.aspx

Jiburi
Old Apr 8, 16, 8:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
Just hope the BA employees know the rules because they've probably never heard of their Partner 'Alaska'
Old Apr 8, 16, 9:04 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by Edgerfly View Post
Just hope the BA employees know the rules because they've probably never heard of their Partner 'Alaska'
I'm quite certain that BA's SEA staff have heard of Alaska. Entrance into LHR T5 Galleries is confirmed by scanning one's BP. If your MP elite number is associated with your flight, I would expect easy entry. Your MP elite card would be your backup.

T5 Galleries North is nice. There is a similar South lounge. It is large, with an ample buffet appropriate to the time of day, but the offerings are a bit institutional. Both the wine and the liquor bar are self-pour, along with fridges with cans of beer and soft drinks.

It can get busy, and a bit loud and times, but you shouldn't have a problem finding a seat. Floor-to-ceiling windows with great views of the tarmac.
Old Apr 8, 16, 9:14 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Originally Posted by Edgerfly View Post
'Alaskan' as I've heard from many LHR ground staff in t5.
Old Apr 8, 16, 10:02 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, WN A-List
Originally Posted by dayone View Post
I'm quite certain that BA's SEA staff have heard of Alaska.
That's more than can be said for the BA staff at SAN... In my experience, the rude, unknowledgeable people they have working check-in and the gate act like they've never heard of 'Alaskan,' even as a parade of AS planes pass the window behind them.

But those are just contract employees. Once on-board, the genuine FAs are just what one expects of British hospitality: curt and condescending
Old Apr 8, 16, 10:13 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, WN A-List
In seriousness, though, the lounge staff at LHR are really wonderful, courteous, and attentive. They aren't very familiar with AS, but they do know it's a partner, and they will go out of their way to lend assistance if you ask for help.
Old Apr 8, 16, 11:39 pm

Programs: AS G75K, DL GM, IHG Plat, HHonors Diamond
May be I am off topic here, but when I browsed through the partner elite benefits page that also spells out BA's latest lounge benefits, I noticed under the DL tab, it says: "Delta Silver Medallion check-in is available at ATL, BOS, JFK, MSP, DTW and LAX. Delta Sky Priority® check-in is available at all other locations".

I thought we lost Sky Priority check-in for MVPG and 75K members last year, and we are just Zone 1 now.

Is it a typo on the web site, or I read it wrong?

Thanks!

BW
Old Apr 9, 16, 12:23 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by BW Flyer View Post
I thought we lost Sky Priority check-in for MVPG and 75K members last year, and we are just Zone 1 now.
Sky Priority is a suite of services. AS elites get check-in, but not boarding.
Old Apr 9, 16, 6:59 am

Programs: AS MVPG
I entered the galleries BA lounge at LHR today with my Alaska mobile app showing gold mvp. Had no problem whatsoever- the agent knew the drill. Would be even better if this was a permanent change and not just over the summer months.
Old Apr 9, 16, 10:15 am

Programs: AS MVP, HH Gold
Anyone know if access includes a guest on the same itinerary or just the Alaska MVP Gold member?
Old Apr 9, 16, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by FlyingBear View Post
Anyone know if access includes a guest on the same itinerary or just the Alaska MVP Gold member?
Good point, and not described on the benefit page (for this or the other new benefits). Without a guest, it makes the benefit frequently useless.
Old Apr 9, 16, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott LTG, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K View Post
Good point, and not described on the benefit page (for this or the other new benefits). Without a guest, it makes the benefit frequently useless.
Unless it explicitly states "guest" included, I'd be inclined to think this applies to the member with MVPG+ only.
Old Apr 9, 16, 9:29 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Gold
Originally Posted by beckoa View Post
Unless it explicitly states "guest" included, I'd be inclined to think this applies to the member with MVPG+ only.
I would probably guess the same, but wanted to get confirmation. I agree with EastBay1K that the lack of a guest reduces its usefulness.

There is a page mentioned in an earlier thread with more details about the partnership:
https://www.alaskaair.com/content/de...h-airways.aspx

But the more info link 404's.
Old Apr 10, 16, 3:12 am
Suspended

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
Or you could just walk in with a guest and insist you're entitled to one. I'm surprised LHR staff were familiar with this "Alaskan" partner promo.
Old Apr 10, 16, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by TravelBrighter View Post
In seriousness, though, the lounge staff at LHR are really wonderful, courteous, and attentive. They aren't very familiar with AS, but they do know it's a partner, and they will go out of their way to lend assistance if you ask for help.
Agreed. The lounge staff at LHR are so nice, they make you feel like you've already left Britain.

Search this Thread