Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

British Airways Lounge Access for AS Elites- LHR Galleries T5 & T3

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

British Airways Lounge Access for AS Elites- LHR Galleries T5 & T3

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2017, 12:03 pm

Programs: AA PLT, AS MVPG, WN CP
Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
I don't know if I should start a new thread, but have MVP Gold/Gold 75K folks had recent luck using the Galleries Lounge in Terminal 3 and 5 at London-Heathrow (LHR) airport (when flying Economy)?

How do you get in? Just show your MVP Gold card?

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...-benefits.aspx
I tried this a few days ago when flying through LHR on an AA/BA codeshare in Y. I have OW Sapphire so I would have been eligible using that but wanted to see if the AS MVPG alone would work. Initially the lady at the desk said no unfortunately, that is only for the LHR-SEA flights, but I patiently said that I believe that was the case initially but the language on the website no longer reads that way. She pulled out her binder of rules and it clearly showed that MVPG and 75K are eligible any time and in any class of service. She apologized and said she was just used to the old rules.

It is also worth noting that I did not have my AS number (or any other FF program) attached to the tickets, as I am not sure yet where I will credit those flights into year-end. But just so AS elites are aware, you can just ask them to refer to their rules, as they are quite clear in regards to our access at LHR.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by NomadNick
I tried this a few days ago when flying through LHR on an AA/BA codeshare in Y. I have OW Sapphire so I would have been eligible using that but wanted to see if the AS MVPG alone would work. Initially the lady at the desk said no unfortunately, that is only for the LHR-SEA flights, but I patiently said that I believe that was the case initially but the language on the website no longer reads that way. She pulled out her binder of rules and it clearly showed that MVPG and 75K are eligible any time and in any class of service. She apologized and said she was just used to the old rules.

It is also worth noting that I did not have my AS number (or any other FF program) attached to the tickets, as I am not sure yet where I will credit those flights into year-end. But just so AS elites are aware, you can just ask them to refer to their rules, as they are quite clear in regards to our access at LHR.
This is helpful. So as long as you are flying BA you can use the lounge?
Old Oct 16, 2017, 3:39 pm

Programs: AA PLT, AS MVPG, WN CP
Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
This is helpful. So as long as you are flying BA you can use the lounge?
Yes, the way the rules in their binder read, there is no requirement for destination, or for class of service. Any COS on any BA flight qualifies for MVPG and 75K members. That can always change in the future, but that is how it is written for now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.