Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

AS Mileage Plan and VX Elevate Speculation Thread [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AS Mileage Plan and VX Elevate Speculation Thread [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2016, 7:58 am

Let the arbitrage begin...
Old Dec 19, 2016, 8:57 am

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
So it's been confirmed now that priority check-in and boarding are the only elite benefits we get on VX. Missy said in her Q&A thread that it's temporary and that benefits will be expanded sometime in 2017, but still... AS, what the hell?
Old Dec 19, 2016, 9:41 am

Elevate elites don't get complimentary upgrades on vx, is there much else to give?
Old Dec 19, 2016, 9:42 am

Vx points details to come January 9th

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27634280-post45.html
Old Dec 19, 2016, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by crimsona
Elevate elites don't get complimentary upgrades on vx, is there much else to give?
People are concerned about bag fees and preferred seating, I think.

https://www.virginamerica.com/cms/el...tatus/benefits
Old Dec 19, 2016, 10:52 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by tth6133
VX Elevate points will transfer to Mileage Plan miles at a ratio of 1:1.3, according to Alaska.
That's now awful....but definitely could have been better.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 10:54 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by Madone59
That's now awful....but definitely could have been better.
That's probably the response they were hoping for
Old Dec 19, 2016, 3:02 pm

Do we know what the earning will be with VX FF number on AS metal with AS flight number? In other words, will earning be based on distance or fare paid?
Old Dec 19, 2016, 5:57 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I just got an e-mail whereby they matched my VX FF number with my AS FF number, and auto-matched my VX status to my AS status. That was a rather quick way to MVP Gold without any effort on my part. 4 GGUs also showed up in my AS account.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 7:04 pm

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
Originally Posted by tth6133
VX Elevate points will transfer to Mileage Plan miles at a ratio of 1:1.3, according to Alaska.
I think that a bad ratio, even though all the bloggers I've read think it's good. I was hoping for 1:2. So let's see: I transferred 40K SPG points to 50K Elevate points this summer. Those points will become 65K AS points. I did that to get that 75K Jet Blue mileage run bonus, remember? So 40K SPG ended up being 65K AS and 75K Jet Blue. I think current valuations are around 2 cpp for AS and 1.5cpp for Jet Blue. So let's say the AS points are worth about $1300 and the Jet Blue about $1200, $2500 total.

40K SPG became worth about $2500. That's about 6cpp. Pretty good, but I was hoping for better, for sure. I wanted to get 100K AS miles out of it; that was gonna be the real prize. Oh well, it's better than 1:1 at least.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jinglish
So it's been confirmed now that priority check-in and boarding are the only elite benefits we get on VX. Missy said in her Q&A thread that it's temporary and that benefits will be expanded sometime in 2017, but still... AS, what the hell?
+1....That is just plain D-U-M-B....the AS elites who don't read Flyertalk like a hawk are going to assume (and rightly they should in my opinion) that since they receive free bags on AS that they will also receive free bags on VX flights since VX is now owned by AS....I think they'll be a lot of AS elites that decide to give VX a try and they're not going to be happy campers when they're paying for their bags and sitting in the back of the plane....what a dumb move AS, come on, you're better than this.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 8:36 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
+1....That is just plain D-U-M-B....the AS elites who don't read Flyertalk like a hawk are going to assume (and rightly they should in my opinion) that since they receive free bags on AS that they will also receive free bags on VX flights since VX is now owned by AS....I think they'll be a lot of AS elites that decide to give VX a try and they're not going to be happy campers when they're paying for their bags and sitting in the back of the plane....what a dumb move AS, come on, you're better than this.
VX elites get more benefits
Old Dec 19, 2016, 9:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, MVPG, DL Silver, United Silver, Accor Platinum, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by solewalker
I just got an e-mail whereby they matched my VX FF number with my AS FF number, and auto-matched my VX status to my AS status. That was a rather quick way to MVP Gold without any effort on my part. 4 GGUs also showed up in my AS account.
Just checked my account, and yup - the same. Crap that was quick. Going to try and enjoy the honeymoon period as this too will fade with time.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 10:48 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Looks like fares are MUCH higher in VX as well...
Old Dec 19, 2016, 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by jimmygottfredson
Just checked my account, and yup - the same. Crap that was quick. Going to try and enjoy the honeymoon period as this too will fade with time.
So your Mileage Plan status changed today?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.