Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Do any points transfer as Elite qualifying?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2016, 3:15 pm
Original Poster

Does any points count as elite qualifying from any of Alaska partner's when transferred over. Starwood perhaps?
Old Apr 19, 2016, 3:28 pm

Programs: AC 75K
The only way to earn EQM is to fly Alaska or partners. Transferring miles from another program just add to your RDM bank.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by L6Luckin
Does any points count as elite qualifying from any of Alaska partner's when transferred over. Starwood perhaps?
No. Otherwise there would be a lot of MVPG75Ks who transferred SPG just to fly Emirates.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 4:07 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Sadly no. But I am sure if there was some bloggers would have exploited it to be 75k-O-rama and it would be gone by now anyway
Old Apr 19, 2016, 6:52 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, I thought as much. Not based in the US but normally fly paid FC on Delta when here and I'm just amazed at the earnings difference on Alaska since Delta switched to revenue when I finally looked into it today.

Crediting to Alaska, I would be MVP after my 3rd flight which is amazing to me. Never thought I could use them since I'm rarely in the Pacific NW and the miles would just sit there, but after seeing their rewards with so much partners I'm in awe. Do you have to at least fly them once or are they just okay with crediting partner flights to them?

On a side note. It amazes me that I can get first class awards on American at low levels, but rarely on Delta. Any flight that involves Delta metal usually pushes it up. Evidence of their fracturing friendship no less.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 7:14 am

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
Crediting to Alaska, I would be MVP after my 3rd flight which is amazing to me. Never thought I could use them since I'm rarely in the Pacific NW and the miles would just sit there, but after seeing their rewards with so much partners I'm in awe. Do you have to at least fly them once or are they just okay with crediting partner flights to them?
A clarification if you're flying a partner but crediting to Alaska: To qualify for MVP you need to either fly 20,000 miles purely on Alaska Air metal *or* fly 25,000 miles if you're crediting from an elite-qualifying partner.

For Gold the numbers increase to 40,000/50,000 respectively; and for 75K it's 75,000 miles on AS metal or 90,000 on an elite-qualifying partner.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 8:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AKCuisine
A clarification if you're flying a partner but crediting to Alaska: To qualify for MVP you need to either fly 20,000 miles purely on Alaska Air metal *or* fly 25,000 miles if you're crediting from an elite-qualifying partner.

For Gold the numbers increase to 40,000/50,000 respectively; and for 75K it's 75,000 miles on AS metal or 90,000 on an elite-qualifying partner.
I know. I'll have well over 30K after my 3rd flight.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
AS doesn't seem to think very kindly of foreign members who use AS as a place to park miles. I remember SPG transfers became a trigger for account audits and shut downs
Old Apr 21, 2016, 6:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CDKing
AS doesn't seem to think very kindly of foreign members who use AS as a place to park miles. I remember SPG transfers became a trigger for account audits and shut downs
Then why allow signing up? Can't be a global airline with a narrow mindset. They do fly international after all. Most of my activity will come from partner flights, not mileage transfers.

Besides I have no intention of redeeming for 5 F awards on Emirates, which it seems like people were doing. When I do use my miles it will be intra US for me only.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Then why allow signing up? Can't be a global airline with a narrow mindset. They do fly international after all. Most of my activity will come from partner flights, not mileage transfers.

Besides I have no intention of redeeming for 5 F awards on Emirates, which it seems like people were doing. When I do use my miles it will be intra US for me only.
Ah then you should be fine, Well just make sure any tickets you book are not for someone other than you unless its a travel companion. That's the other thing that gets people

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.