Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Stand By or Same Day Confirm on BA Award

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2016, 1:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Kbd) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.3.2.858 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

Oh and two more footnotes:

*10 PM assumes someone has AS status. Otherwise it's within 6 hours of the new flight departure time. $25 to do this if not MVPG+ or on a full Y fare, or shuttle market (SEA-GEG/PDX)

*Your original booking class is not needed. As long as Y=1 you can sdc to the flight
Old Mar 18, 2016, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Edgerfly
Hopefully online check in opening up at 6:50 will let me take an earlier flight.
That's not how SDC has worked since it's really turned into "same day change". You don't get the ability to change flights until SDC is open at 10 pm (for elites) or within 6 hours (non-elites).
Old Mar 18, 2016, 8:15 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
That's not how SDC has worked since it's really turned into "same day change". You don't get the ability to change flights until SDC is open at 10 pm (for elites) or within 6 hours (non-elites).
Thanks for clarifying this as I so just found out. When I've been SDC, I've always called.

How do you do it once you are checked in online? Just go into the reservation and hit change after 10 pm?
Old Mar 18, 2016, 8:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for clarifying this as I so just found out. When I've been SDC, I've always called.

How do you do it once you are checked in online? Just go into the reservation and hit change after 10 pm?
Yeah.
Old Mar 18, 2016, 8:59 pm

Programs: AS MVPG

No, you need to go through the online check-in process again if you've already one it. During one of the steps starting at 10pm the night before for MVPGs, not sure when it shows up for others, it'll have a link. It says something along the lines of "change to earlier flight" and "change to later flight." I believe it's the step after the one where you can enter/change a frequent flier number, but it's been a while since I've done it.
Old Mar 18, 2016, 11:09 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by alphaeagle
No, you need to go through the online check-in process again if you've already one it. During one of the steps starting at 10pm the night before for MVPGs, not sure when it shows up for others, it'll have a link. It says something along the lines of "change to earlier flight" and "change to later flight." I believe it's the step after the one where you can enter/change a frequent flier number, but it's been a while since I've done it.
Yup! Worked this way. Got on a better flight than the one I wanted. Thank you!
Old Mar 18, 2016, 11:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yeah, that thing. That's what I thought OP meant by "change".

You never just change the reservation and get SDC. That's not how it ever worked. It's always been part of checkin.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 12:48 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Does this work on the app too or do I have to bring my laptop?
Old Mar 19, 2016, 12:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
App might work now.

But you can always pull up the full AS site on your mobile device- there is a link at the bottom that says "Full Site".
Old Mar 19, 2016, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You can do this in the iOS app. Have no clue about Windows (for the 6 people who still have Windows Phones) and Android.
Old Mar 22, 2016, 4:41 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Thanks to all who replied and made my journey much easier! This is why I love FT and this community, thank you.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 12:22 pm

Can this also be done with AA Award booked on Alaska? Have a flight tomorrow on AS metal booked on AA Miles. Wanted to try and take an earlier flight with SDC.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WrLdTrvLnIndian
Can this also be done with AA Award booked on Alaska? Have a flight tomorrow on AS metal booked on AA Miles. Wanted to try and take an earlier flight with SDC.
I've SDC'ed AA tickets (not awards, but purchased tickets, AA plate/codeshare, AS metal).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.