Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 26, 2016, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IceTrojan
New livery is painted on N563AS, a 737-800.

First commercial flight scheduled for Thursday, 1/28 SEA-ANC as AS95.

Image of rebranded collateral:
Print Wikipost

2016 brand refresh: new logo and livery

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2016, 5:50 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
I would seriously doubt a name change unless they drop Horizon altogether and just make it all Alaska. Even that is doubtful because I think they are technically two companies in some aspect and would probably take some huge changes to consolidate.
They already dropped the Horizon brand about five years ago, it's all Alaska now.

A name change would be shocking to me.
Old Jan 23, 2016, 5:53 pm

Programs: AS G75K
Originally Posted by alphaeagle
They already dropped the Horizon brand about five years ago, it's all Alaska now.

A name change would be shocking to me.
Not entirely true. The flights are still operated by Horizon even though the planes and gates say Alaska. The pilots and gate agents are Horizon as well.
Old Jan 23, 2016, 6:30 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by 3ur0tr45h
Not entirely true. The flights are still operated by Horizon even though the planes and gates say Alaska. The pilots and gate agents are Horizon as well.
Horizon still operates flights of course, but the Horizon brand disappeared around 2011 IIRC.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 11:57 am

There's no name change coming, just a refresh of the logo and font. I think most will like it. I think it looks good. Just one more day and you'll see the end product. Hold your horses. It's coming. Don't go ripping off temporary signage, it's not yours to rip off.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by AS Flyer
There's no name change coming, just a refresh of the logo and font. I think most will like it. I think it looks good. Just one more day and you'll see the end product. Hold your horses. It's coming. Don't go ripping off temporary signage, it's not yours to rip off.
True, and the temporary signage is being held up by polenta, which will spray all over you if you try and remove it!
Old Jan 24, 2016, 9:56 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
True, and the temporary signage is being held up by polenta, which will spray all over you if you try and remove it!
And make you smell like cod!

Neil
Old Jan 24, 2016, 11:06 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
if only. I'd be there with a fork.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 12:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by AS Flyer
I refrained, but submit this image as a possible clue.
Attached Images  
Old Jan 25, 2016, 1:37 am

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by beckoa
I like! now we just have to wait another day for word on the new livery.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 1:53 am

Originally Posted by beckoa
Cleaned up-ish:

As compared to the current version:

Last edited by Kaphias; Jan 25, 2016 at 1:59 am
Old Jan 25, 2016, 6:52 am

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum
Perhaps I'm stuck in a 1993 timewarp but am I the only one that prefers the original jagged script wordmark? To me it seemed timelessly classic. I see it and instantly think of what Alaska (the state) and the Pacific Northwest represent...vast tundra of natural beauty, unexpolored frontiers, and the pacific ocean. I see the first revision of the wordmark, the alleged teaser and it's like a smoothed down, trying to please everyone/homely, Sarah Palin conservative, only our name says Alaska. But that's just me.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by qukslvr619
Perhaps I'm stuck in a 1993 timewarp but am I the only one that prefers the original jagged script wordmark? To me it seemed timelessly classic. I see it and instantly think of what Alaska (the state) and the Pacific Northwest represent...vast tundra of natural beauty, unexpolored frontiers, and the pacific ocean. I see the first revision of the wordmark, the alleged teaser and it's like a smoothed down, trying to please everyone/homely, Sarah Palin conservative, only our name says Alaska. But that's just me.
Clean, simple wordmarks seem to be the trend nowadays, and AS seems to have joined the crowd somewhat. I'm betting their consumer surveys of non-AS pax showed that the "s" was offputting somehow, like it was a lightning bolt.

That said, I think AS should have stopped with the rebranding... I like the new design better, not this new new design.

Now we just have to start all over again with the "Which plane will be the first the carry the new livery?" game
Old Jan 25, 2016, 12:11 pm

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by IceTrojan
Clean, simple wordmarks seem to be the trend nowadays, and AS seems to have joined the crowd somewhat. I'm betting their consumer surveys of non-AS pax showed that the "s" was offputting somehow, like it was a lightning bolt.

That said, I think AS should have stopped with the rebranding... I like the new design better, not this new new design.

Now we just have to start all over again with the "Which plane will be the first the carry the new livery?" game
A lot of companies are refreshing their brand look and making it cleaner and simpler, in part to make a logo or wordmark more legible on mobile devices. I'm seeing, as a marketer, fewer intricate or three-dimensional-look logos, and more straightforward approaches that are more recognizable at all reproduction sizes and resolutions.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 1:41 pm

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
Cool

Originally Posted by Seattlenerd
A lot of companies are refreshing their brand look and making it cleaner and simpler...
Translastion: Soulless
Old Jan 25, 2016, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Sorry if it's been mentioned, but I think there's a press event today about the updated branding.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.