Blankets in F? (Red-Eyes) 2016 and Later

Old Jan 5, 16, 12:15 pm
  #1  
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: ANC, MRI
Programs: AS MVP Gold75K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott LTG, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Posts: 41,239
Blankets in F? (Red-Eyes) 2016 and Later

Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Is AS still allocating blankets? As I had a recent flight this year [AS114] and blankets were not offered. Asked the exceptional FA and he suggested I contact AS listens. Anyone else see one in 2016?
beckoa is offline  
Old Jan 5, 16, 12:49 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: ANC
Programs: AS MVP Gold, Club 49, Dollar, Avis, Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt, Starwood, GHA, Global Entry
Posts: 852
My next AS redeye is in March (ANC-ORD) in F. I would love a blanket (assuming Swine Flu really is cured)!
AKLifetimeFlyer is offline  
Old Jan 5, 16, 1:19 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Federal way Wa USA
Posts: 330
Originally Posted by beckoa View Post
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Is AS still allocating blankets? As I had a recent flight this year [AS114] and blankets were not offered. Asked the exceptional FA and he suggested I contact AS listens. Anyone else see one in 2016?
Yes
They should be placed on all the seats on redeye flts .
When was it? I can pass it on to find out why.
Crzn33k is offline  
Old Jan 5, 16, 1:20 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Federal way Wa USA
Posts: 330
Originally Posted by AKLifetimeFlyer View Post
My next AS redeye is in March (ANC-ORD) in F. I would love a blanket (assuming Swine Flu really is cured)!
They are clean and in a bag
Crzn33k is offline  
Old Jan 6, 16, 12:33 pm
  #5  
DUT
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Anchorage, AK
Programs: MVPG
Posts: 152
I received one on a ANC-SEA redeye back in November. Don't recall flight number, but was one of the flights that depart after midnight and arrive Seattle 5am-ish.

No food on this flight, blankets must take up so much space in the catering truck, they must not have any room for food...

Blankets are nice nonetheless, should be on all flights...
DUT is offline  
Old Jan 6, 16, 1:00 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: LAX, LGB, SNA
Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Posts: 3,179
Originally Posted by DUT View Post
I received one on a ANC-SEA redeye back in November. Don't recall flight number, but was one of the flights that depart after midnight and arrive Seattle 5am-ish.

No food on this flight, blankets must take up so much space in the catering truck, they must not have any room for food...

Blankets are nice nonetheless, should be on all flights...
When there is no food service, I just ask for a cheese platter or deli pack.
hiima is offline  
Old Jan 6, 16, 1:41 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: PDX
Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, National Executive Elite
Posts: 2,621
They were on ANC-LAX last week in F (although I was in Y).

Side note, I've found I can sleep easier in Y on redeyes. For whatever reason the F Recaro seats hurt my neck when I try to sleep.
Chugach is offline  
Old Jan 6, 16, 10:44 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: SEA
Programs: AS MVPG75k, Marriott Gold, SPG
Posts: 104
Blankets at seat this evening
willyplur is offline  
Old Jan 8, 16, 11:01 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,254
Originally Posted by Chugach View Post
They were on ANC-LAX last week in F (although I was in Y).

Side note, I've found I can sleep easier in Y on redeyes. For whatever reason the F Recaro seats hurt my neck when I try to sleep.
Yeah they went way overboard on the lumbar support. It drives me crazy. I'm guessing they hired someone who designs long term office seating for their seats and they were made to be ergonomically correct. They should just be made for comfort.
ou81two is offline  
Old Jan 9, 16, 11:13 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Programs: IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Posts: 4,010
Originally Posted by Crzn33k View Post
They should be placed on all the seats on redeye flts .
Why can't they be made available on all flights? Or at least the 5+ hour ones? (Seriously, if AA can manage to do it, what's AS's excuse?)
Kremmen is offline  
Old Jan 10, 16, 3:57 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: PDX
Programs: AS MVP, BW Plat, SPG Gold, IHG Plat
Posts: 7,370
Originally Posted by Kremmen View Post
Why can't they be made available on all flights? Or at least the 5+ hour ones? (Seriously, if AA can manage to do it, what's AS's excuse?)
A year or two ago, they tested them on all flights but only between certain cities and then they went away for months and now they are only on red eyes which I assume is also a "test" (remember the free chocolate bars for elites in Y?). I definitely think it would be easier just to put them on all flights over 4 or 5 hours and call it a day, but I don't think AS knows what to do at this point...I've never seen so much "testing" about something as simple as blankets on planes.
PDXPremier is offline  
Old Jan 10, 16, 11:56 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: SEA
Programs: AS MVP Gold, NEXUS, Mooney driver
Posts: 873
Originally Posted by PDXPremier View Post
A year or two ago, they tested them on all flights but only between certain cities and then they went away for months and now they are only on red eyes which I assume is also a "test" (remember the free chocolate bars for elites in Y?). I definitely think it would be easier just to put them on all flights over 4 or 5 hours and call it a day, but I don't think AS knows what to do at this point...I've never seen so much "testing" about something as simple as blankets on planes.
I still receive chocolate very regularly.

Have yet to actually get a blanket though. On the one flight that had them recently, I wasn't upgraded.
sturges is offline  
Old Jan 14, 16, 12:09 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific NW
Programs: AS MVP, Hyatt Diamond
Posts: 126
Red-eye First Class back from KOA, no blankets and the cabin was freezing.
And I agree that the Y seats are more comfortable for sleeping.
JoJo12 is offline  
Old Nov 30, 16, 11:05 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: PDX
Programs: AS MVP, BW Plat, SPG Gold, IHG Plat
Posts: 7,370
Are blankets available in F on the Skywest E175 red-eye flights from PDX-DFW?
PDXPremier is offline  
Old Dec 1, 16, 12:30 am
  #15  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: SEA, NW/DL 1.5Million Miler
Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver, AS 75K 15-18
Posts: 3,281
Perhaps it was bad luck but my most recent red eye flights SEA BOS didnt have blanket loaded in F.

Jiburi
jiburi is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread