Wiki Posts
Search

Blankets in F? (Red-Eyes) 2016 and Later

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2018, 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by beckoa
AS89 SEA-ANC 7/13/18 old blue blankets
AS731 DTW-PDX 7/13/18 no blankets
AS796 PDX-DTW 7/11/18 no blankets (redeye)
DTW does not get blankets
Old Jul 16, 2018, 6:27 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott Titanium, Delta Gold, United Silver
AS 809 PDX --> OGG yesterday had the new blue quilted throws
Old Nov 28, 2018, 8:16 am

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
AS 1006 LAX - DCA had no blankets in F this time, despite having them a few months back. Was bundled up w/ my coat over me most of the flight. So much for premium offerings on premium routes!
Old Nov 28, 2018, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've been lucky enough to get 3 upgrades in a row (OAK-OGG, OGG-SFO, SFO-AUS) and all 3 had blankets. I was a little surprised about SFO-AUS since it's scheduled for 3.5hr (it's actually only 3hr) and it was a 1:45pm flight.

It's quite a departure from my last paid P fare with AS.. OGG-SFO red-eye at the beginning of the year, when there were no blankets. That flight was actually why I stopped paying for first class and started flying economy (before that I always paid for first class)
Old Nov 28, 2018, 4:29 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75K
I flew AS835 SJC-KOA on November 1 and AS802 KOA-PDX on November 19th. Both flights were daytime flights and the quilted throws were included on both flights. I am MVP Gold, purchased M class, and eventually U space showed up for the upgrade.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 6:21 pm

Programs: Alaskans fly everywhere on any aircraft going there!
SEA to MCO, morning departure, Thanksgiving Day....blue quilts. Nice breakfast but nothing very holiday-ish. Great crew who kept the liquids flowing.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 6:04 pm

I'm boarding ORD-SEA right now with a 7:40PM departure and we have blankets. Odd, because this route is neither a red-eye nor a "Premium Transcon."
Old Jan 8, 2019, 1:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by StevieTopSiders
I'm boarding ORD-SEA right now with a 7:40PM departure and we have blankets. Odd, because this route is neither a red-eye nor a "Premium Transcon."
Go buy a lottery ticket ^

Thanks for the datapoint. Which blankets?
Old Jan 8, 2019, 8:24 pm

Go buy a lottery ticket ^

Thanks for the datapoint. Which blankets?
The ones pictured on the seatback First Class cards: blue with a quilted pattern and green edges.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 9:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by StevieTopSiders

The ones pictured on the seatback First Class cards: blue with a quilted pattern and green edges.
The new ones. Nice ^
Old Jan 8, 2019, 9:54 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
The new ones. Nice ^
My last HNL-SEA flight was an equipment swap to a 739. Only 12 blankets loaded. None on our seats. ^ Not a big deal for me, I never use them. lol

James
Old Jan 14, 2019, 10:04 am

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
NO BLANKETS? Requested at Boarding

I can't believe we are still here on inconsistencies. By now, EVERY FLIGHT in/out of MCO, FLL, TPA, JFK, EWR, PHL, BOS, HNL, OGG, LIH, KOA, BWI, DCA should have blankets. It should be part of pre-flight servicing for EVERY FLIGHT at these out stations, and at the stations which serves them.

I flew SEA/JFK redeye Friday and the flight was not loaded with blanket. So I asked the flight attendant prior to door closure, and they came through after they requested it to the gate agent servicing the flight. Who's at fault here?

Then at JFK/SEA sunday morning, the flight did not get replenished with blankets. Based on Alaska Airlines information, every flight out of JFK should have received blankets automatically, but not ours. Luckily, there were two left from flight prior and I secured my blanket. Why isn't replenishing blanket automatic at JFK? Who's at fault here?

So whose responsibility is the blanket?

I know blanket is not a safety issue item but if Alaska is not meeting some of their service commitments, what other things are they skimping on? safety checks? vacuuming? cleaning lavatories?

Jiburi
Old Jan 14, 2019, 1:13 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by jiburi
I can't believe we are still here on inconsistencies. By now, EVERY FLIGHT in/out of MCO, FLL, TPA, JFK, EWR, PHL, BOS, HNL, OGG, LIH, KOA, BWI, DCA should have blankets. It should be part of pre-flight servicing for EVERY FLIGHT at these out stations, and at the stations which serves them.

I flew SEA/JFK redeye Friday and the flight was not loaded with blanket. So I asked the flight attendant prior to door closure, and they came through after they requested it to the gate agent servicing the flight. Who's at fault here?

Then at JFK/SEA sunday morning, the flight did not get replenished with blankets. Based on Alaska Airlines information, every flight out of JFK should have received blankets automatically, but not ours. Luckily, there were two left from flight prior and I secured my blanket. Why isn't replenishing blanket automatic at JFK? Who's at fault here?

So whose responsibility is the blanket?

I know blanket is not a safety issue item but if Alaska is not meeting some of their service commitments, what other things are they skimping on? safety checks? vacuuming? cleaning lavatories?

Jiburi
I was on that flight Sunday morning and was disappointed there was not a blanket. There was a blanket offered on my SEA-JFK flight.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 1:13 pm

SFO to MCO last week
MCO to SFO this week
SFO to EWR today

No blankets on any of them. Sigh. Alaska’s response? Oh no that’s too bad.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 4:07 pm

Programs: I need to do better in managing my affiliations. Oops, I overshot the runway for status next year.
No blankets ex-SEA red eye transcon last week.

I like using them for lumbar support or if cold. No, I didn't do AlaskaListens. The reasons why are for some other thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.