Search

Blankets in F? (Red-Eyes) 2016 and Later

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2017, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by beckoa
Probably
I think this week at a DO someone may have thrown an AS blanket but I have not heard either way whether to keep or leave it. A week or so ago my LAX-ANC evening flight yes but my ANC-PDX redeye no.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
TCON redeye amenities disappearing?

just took my seat in 1F on AS740 (LAX-BWI) -- there is no sign of pillow or blanket, and I'm remembering the same condition the last time I took this flight a couple months ago ... is this a new trend (or return of a cost-saving measure)? or have I just been unlucky?
Old Sep 11, 2017, 10:08 pm

Programs: AS G100K, DL PM, IHG Gold, HHonors Diamond
I flew back from HNL to SEA redeye last Week on 3D. I got the blanket no pillow, but I don't think AS hand out pillows on HI redeye flights. I was on a KOA to SEA redeye flight last year, and I think I only got the blanket on that flight, too. But those were HI to mainland flights not TCON flights.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 11:02 pm

Pillows

Originally Posted by BW Flyer
I flew back from HNL to SEA redeye last Week on 3D. I got the blanket no pillow, but I don't think AS hand out pillows on HI redeye flights. I was on a KOA to SEA redeye flight last year, and I think I only got the blanket on that flight, too. But those were HI to mainland flights not TCON flights.

No pillows.
Only blankets.
Sounds like someone didn't do their job.
Did you ask for one?
Old Sep 11, 2017, 11:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by BW Flyer
You were lucky. Did redeye koa-sea last month and No pillows or blankets. It was COLD.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 12:38 am

Programs: Alaska 100k
Somehow, every F redeye tcon I've ever taken has lacked blankets+pillows. The only time I have ever seen them in person is from Row 6 when my upgrade didn't clear on SEA-JFK

Last edited by PABE; Sep 12, 2017 at 2:03 am
Old Sep 12, 2017, 1:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
These are spotty.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 8:06 am

I've only seen blankets, no pillows
Old Sep 12, 2017, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...016-later.html
Old Sep 12, 2017, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
I asked the lead FA about the apparent omission ... by her own admission she doesn't regularly work TCONs, much less the redeyes, but she was surprised ... maybe 10 min later a ground grew guy in an orange vest showed up with 16 blankets

this was on an -800, so the FA gave me one of the extras as a substitute for a pillow
Old Sep 12, 2017, 11:12 am

Did you get a blanket?
I was told they delivered them before departure
Old Sep 12, 2017, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by jrl767
I asked the lead FA about the apparent omission ... by her own admission she doesn't regularly work TCONs, much less the redeyes, but she was surprised ... maybe 10 min later a ground grew guy in an orange vest showed up with 16 blankets

this was on an -800, so the FA gave me one of the extras as a substitute for a pillow
OP, way to be proactive BEFORE the flight departed!!! ^

Problem solved! In any case, I would notify Alaska Customer Service to let them know that they were not provisioned correctly.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Folks, you're thinking of the word amenity incorrectly. In fact, it could mean there's nothing, like "apolitical" or "asexual." Amenity, as in, there aren't any menities on the plane. Therefore, no blankets, no pillows.

And there you have it. Your bad FT English lesson for the day.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
On my flight last week, there were however Mennonites aboard...
Old Sep 16, 2017, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

not a good exchange with AS Customer Service ... I emailed the scenario and got the following reply:
"Blankets are offered to our First Class passengers on the overnight flights. It appears they were generous in giving you 2 blankets on your flight."
ok ...
"yes, and I appreciate that ... but where were the pillows?"
"Pillows are not provided. Just blankets for the First Class guests."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.