Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

WEB/PED enhancements you would like to see in 2016

WEB/PED enhancements you would like to see in 2016

Old Jan 4, 2016, 9:33 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by ANC
that has helped me immensely in ORD when using American Connection flights. I can see a delay in the works or a cancellation in the making well in advance. Since I hardly ever have a delay on AS let alone a cancel, Im not sure how it would help me much other than to see where the plane has been all day. I once had an AE flight on a plane that went DAY-ORD-MHT-ORD-LEX-ORD-ROC-ORD before it got to my ORD-CWA flight. It was kind of neat tracking it all the way. It was delayed almost 2 hours on the first leg. By the time it got to my flight it was 8 minutes early to the gate at ORD. Granted the padding they put into some of these short hops certainly helps. Some of these flights take literally less than 30 minutes but are scheduled as 1 hr or 1.25 hr flights
This is a nice feature, although it's not always accurate with United due to equipment swaps/placeholding, particularly at hubs. I've had several cases with UX where the incoming flight isn't scheduled to land until close to or even after mine. Closer to departure, the correct aircraft were swapped in.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Be able to apply GGU and access my wallet from the App.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 6:40 am

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
Include a feature that allows you to opt out of an upgrade if it is to a (personally) less desirable seat.

Example: Let me X-out all of row 1 on a preference list; so the autoupgrade only moves me if there's an F seat open in row 2,3 or 4.

Also, have the website/app store - and use - seat preferences, window vs aisle.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 11:06 am

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
App wish list.

Originally Posted by CMK10
AA, DL and UA have a "Track Inbound Flight" button on their flight status pages, I'd like that for AS too.
I'd like that too.

In addition....

For Droid apps,
* I would like the boarding pass to have the logo, "Alaska Airlines" as it barely indicate the operating airline. Maybe it should say "Alaska Airlines logo" + "Boarding Pass". (not a problem for iphone as the logo clearly indicate the operating carrier)

* The ability to have boarding pass to be saved for longer period. At the end of the flight, it is no longer accessible. Boarding passes are also useful for other uses, like when I have to prove I had a flight to a non AS agent. (not a problem for iphone as it could be saved in wallet)

* Would love to have the ability to have our e-credential via our app. No longer a need to rush home in getting the mailed version when I am away or out of country. (Droid, iphone and Web). Web only shows basic card.

* Ability to pre-reserve Digiplayer.

Kudos....
Love the fact that flight attendants often know where each passenger is seated (via flight attendant app).

Jiburi
Old Feb 4, 2016, 10:02 am

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold100k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
AA, DL and UA have a "Track Inbound Flight" button on their flight status pages, I'd like that for AS too.
Second this!!
Old Feb 4, 2016, 10:12 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Bonvoy Titanium, NEXUS
Since the Android App updated with the new logo and typeface, I now get double notifications that I can check in. That's kind of annoying. Agree it would be nice to be able to just swipe to get a barcode instead of having to go back to the app.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 10:59 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA GS, FB Gold, AS MVPG, MR Titanium, VS Gold
This. I am sure a large number of us use 3rd party apps/Flightaware to track this, but nothing beats the convenience of a in app check. Especially for a day full of Q400 segs where I always seem to be waiting for a inbound.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 11:01 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by IWontRegretThis
This. I am sure a large number of us use 3rd party apps/Flightaware to track this, but nothing beats the convenience of a in app check. Especially for a day full of Q400 segs where I always seem to be waiting for a inbound.
+2.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by IWontRegretThis
+3 ^

I use FlightStats to identify the tail number of my flight and use FlightAware to track that aircraft's inbound flight. It would be so much easier of the AS app included the tracking feature.

I have a couple of other issues: Inaccurate aircraft information (both via emails and in the app); inaccurate updates; online check-in problems.

1) First, aircraft information example. The confirmation email on file and the AS Android app both listed my recent ANC-SEA aircraft as being a -900, up to and during the actual flight. But FlightStats correctly gave the tail number that corresponded to the -400 that was flown on that route. Conflicting or inaccurage aircraft information might not a big deal to some people - but I'm pretty sure it is to some of us.

There's a big difference in upgrade chances on a -900 versus a -400, so having accurate aircraft information is nice to have on file. And when the reconfiguartions are made, then there will also be only 12 F seats on the -800s.

Also, if I know for certain I'm on a -400 or a -700 I make certain my external battery-pack is charged and handy so that I can plug in my handheld devices during the flight.

It seems like it would be simple for the app to be set up to correctly reflect the current aircraft type that is assigned to a specific flight.

2) Weird or incorrect text or app notifications. This is an issue I've noticed since the recent system revamp. Example: Yesterday I had an 8:20 AM departure. I kept receiving text updates on that flight's departure - including 2 times after I'd already landed at my destination - but no updates on the flight I was connecting to in SEA.

3) As discussed elsewhere, the OLCI process is not functioning properly in Firefox since the last web update. It spins and locks if you try to check-in using the link in the email or the link on the My Trips page. (beckoa says there's a way around this by checking-in from the main page, but I haven't tried this yet.)

My thought is that if they send an email telling you to check in, or a link pops up on the My Trips page, then those links should work with all of the common browsers.

4) It would be nice to have information about both the Y and the F food options and/or menu available on the app. If I'm upgraded I'd like to know in advance what is being served so I can plan in advance to know whether or not I need to make other arrangements.

Last edited by AKCuisine; Feb 19, 2016 at 12:38 pm
Old Feb 18, 2016, 4:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Kbd) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.3.2.858 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

Aircraft swaps happen and I don't think AS will br able to concretely comply with your request. Yesterday my SEA-ABQ was upgauged to a 734 from a 73G. This was nice as I was able to secure an aisle in 17. However EF was still reporting the a/c as a 73G when looking at flight info/inventory search. A seatmap revealed it was a 734. I can't recall if AS updated the a/c type on the reservation. But I was able to get a better seat ^
Old Feb 18, 2016, 4:39 pm
ANC
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
maybe an AS insider could compile a list and send it off to the AS IT ?

I have their email but dont know if iits still a valid one OR if they would take an email from a random traveler seriously
Old Feb 18, 2016, 8:46 pm

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
An app for the IPad. It's way overdue
Old Feb 19, 2016, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by beckoa
Aircraft swaps happen and I don't think AS will br able to concretely comply with your request. Yesterday my SEA-ABQ was upgauged to a 734 from a 73G. This was nice as I was able to secure an aisle in 17. However EF was still reporting the a/c as a 73G when looking at flight info/inventory search. A seatmap revealed it was a 734. I can't recall if AS updated the a/c type on the reservation. But I was able to get a better seat ^
Yes, aircraft swaps do happen. But the FlightStats app appears to have accurate and real-time updates on the specific aircraft (not just the type - the specific tail number) assigned for any given upcoming flight.

Information is usually available several days before a flight then gets updated with any changes. Here's an example I just pulled up for tomorrow's AS #96:

If a free, third-party app has access to this type of information, why can't AS update their app to include something as basic as the correct type of aircraft?
Old Feb 23, 2016, 9:37 pm
mck

Delta has a digital elite card that plugs into Apple wallet.

It would be nice to have to use for check in our lounge.

Dunno if others feel the same way.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by mck
Delta has a digital elite card that plugs into Apple wallet.

It would be nice to have to use for check in our lounge.

Dunno if others feel the same way.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.