Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

WEB/PED enhancements you would like to see in 2016

WEB/PED enhancements you would like to see in 2016

Old Jan 1, 2016, 5:32 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75K, HH Diamond
-trip history page where you can quickly look up and print itineraries flown / price paid
-ability to change/cancel itineraries from iphone app
Old Jan 1, 2016, 6:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

I can dream... Reinstate the blackberry app
Old Jan 1, 2016, 7:43 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K (Pure AS)
Originally Posted by beckoa
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

I can dream... Reinstate the blackberry app
Wouldn't they have to reinstate the blackberry first?

(Ducks)
Old Jan 1, 2016, 9:07 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat
Being able to do a premium cabin award calendar with mixed cabin itineraries excluded is the biggest one for me by far. If I were being really greedy, I'd like the option of just excluding itineraries in which the partner (longhaul) segment is in coach, but I'd happily settle for getting rid of mixed cabin completely. Being able to upfare a segment online would be nice too, but calling in for those in not a big deal given the quality of AS phone service.

Last edited by WrightHI; Jan 1, 2016 at 9:08 pm Reason: Coherence
Old Jan 1, 2016, 9:30 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Not only exclude mixed cabin, but search awards with business class space only. The tabs at the top show the lowest awards available but I have to click on every day to see if there is business or higher. Unless there is a way to do this that I am not aware of?

And be able to search award space by airline. Rather than having to click through every day and seeing only BA space when I am only looking for AF, for example. If I could filter for AF, I could see at a glance either on the calendar or the tabs, if there is space on the airline i am wanting.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 1:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E

I'd like filtering by airline during the calendar results as well. For filtering by segment, there is a work-around for many carriers, but involves searching by city-pair for TATL, TPAC, etc.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 7:39 am

Programs: DL Plat, AS MVPG, Bonvoy Plat/LT Gold, HH Diamond
Ability to request being removed from the comp upgrade waitlist, in order to apply GGUs.

Originally Posted by WrightHI
Being able to upfare a segment online would be nice too, but calling in for those in not a big deal given the quality of AS phone service.
A second vote for this, as it and the above are the vast majority of my calls to AS. That said, on both counts, I totally agree with WrightHI's final thought (bolding mine).
Old Jan 2, 2016, 7:51 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
AA, DL and UA have a "Track Inbound Flight" button on their flight status pages, I'd like that for AS too.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 9:48 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP Gold 75K
Given how complicated EQMs have become on partners (disallowed fare classes, fractional credit, etc.) I'd really, really like to see this information at the time of search when booking a mixed AS/Partner itinerary.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 10:02 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by WrightHI
Being able to upfare a segment online would be nice too, but calling in for those in not a big deal given the quality of AS phone service.
I've figured out a work around to this. It only works if you are MVPG or higher or +60 days out as it involves two changes. Just change the segment you want to upfare to a different flight altogether. Then change it back to your original flight but this time search for Gold upgrade-eligible (or whatever you are trying to get). Obviously you need to know beforehand that the class you are looking for is available. I do it this way all the time.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
flexible day award calendar on mobile. Currently only available on the web.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ANC
AS has one of the best web experiences at least IMO with at least the airlines I use to search on. Any how there is always room for improvement starting with these:

1: When searching for U eligible fares, add an advanced search option to show ONLY those flights with U actually availabe

2: Almost the same as #1 but searching for F/J awards. Add a search filter option to remove mixed cabin itineraries

3: Fix the glitch where 2 MVPs on 1 PNR cant upgrade whether it be instant or after T48

4: Allow mileage upgrades to be processed right online when booking for someone else and using your miles or booking for yourself and using your miles. It should be as easy of a process as using the GGUs. You shouldnt have to call in for this!

5: Dont email me the next day after Ive been flight searching telling me to go book the trip
My wife and I (both MVPs) have been upgraded (at T-48) on the same PNR using a companion certificate.

I would like to see an "expert mode" feature like ual.com where you can see specific fare class availability.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 3:44 pm
ANC
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Originally Posted by CMK10
AA, DL and UA have a "Track Inbound Flight" button on their flight status pages, I'd like that for AS too.
that has helped me immensely in ORD when using American Connection flights. I can see a delay in the works or a cancellation in the making well in advance. Since I hardly ever have a delay on AS let alone a cancel, Im not sure how it would help me much other than to see where the plane has been all day. I once had an AE flight on a plane that went DAY-ORD-MHT-ORD-LEX-ORD-ROC-ORD before it got to my ORD-CWA flight. It was kind of neat tracking it all the way. It was delayed almost 2 hours on the first leg. By the time it got to my flight it was 8 minutes early to the gate at ORD. Granted the padding they put into some of these short hops certainly helps. Some of these flights take literally less than 30 minutes but are scheduled as 1 hr or 1.25 hr flights

Last edited by ANC; Jan 4, 2016 at 3:52 pm
Old Jan 4, 2016, 3:55 pm
ANC
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Originally Posted by PDXPremier

I would like to see an "expert mode" feature like ual.com where you can see specific fare class availability.
Yes me too! That was an old CO thing they carried over to UA ^
Old Jan 4, 2016, 4:11 pm

Programs: AS 75k, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Plat, ect.
Originally Posted by mbluecpa
Ability to request being removed from the comp upgrade waitlist, in order to apply GGUs.

+1 for this. It seems silly I can add myself to the upgrade list but not remove myself.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.