Wiki Posts
Search

AA Gold on AS - earn on AA?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2015, 11:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL SM, Marriot PLT, Tall guy in need of legroom
AA Gold on AS - earn on AA?

I am curious if there are any benefits to my AA Gold status - (beyond checked bags and early check in) for a flight SAN-OGG this Saturday w/ wife and I.

I might want to learn AS on these flights and have the AS visa so bags are free.

As an AA Gold, would we have any chance of an upgrade or able to buy one cheaper than no status?
Old Dec 30, 2015, 8:18 pm
Formerly known as stellertony

Programs: UA Gold, DL Gold, NEXUS, APEC
AA doesn't give any upgrade benefits to AS elites, so Alaska does the same in return. The list of elite benefits is here: https://www.aa.com/i18n/utility/EliteAS.jsp

Side note - if you're using your AA number, I don't think you'll get the free bags from the AS visa (since it's tied to your AS number) - but someone can correct me if I'm wrong.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 11:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tonei
AA doesn't give any upgrade benefits to AS elites, so Alaska does the same in return. The list of elite benefits is here: https://www.aa.com/i18n/utility/EliteAS.jsp

Side note - if you're using your AA number, I don't think you'll get the free bags from the AS visa (since it's tied to your AS number) - but someone can correct me if I'm wrong.
Correct -- " Primary cardholder must be an Alaska Airlines Mileage PlanTM member and the Mileage Plan number must be included in the reservation at the time of check-in."
Old Dec 31, 2015, 12:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL SM, Marriot PLT, Tall guy in need of legroom
Great thanks. So there really is no reason to use my AA number on these flights provided I have the BofA visa for bags (nothing exciting about early boarding )
Old Dec 31, 2015, 8:47 am

I just flew an AA award flight from KOA - LAX, had to call in to AA to get my AS connected to my flt. Free bags and almost made it to bulkhead - row 9.

God bless!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.