Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Layover at SeaTac... Board room or centurion

Layover at SeaTac... Board room or centurion

Old Dec 25, 2015, 12:00 pm

Programs: AS MVP , Delta Gold Medallion, "Credit Card" status for various hotels
Originally Posted by CRAZ8
There's also a 'The Club' in the A gates that you might want to try too with Priority Pass - although I don't think any Alaska flights go from anywhere near that location.
Was just there for the first time a few days ago. The complimentary wine and liquor selection is much better than the boardroom. Was pleasantly surprised by real champagne! Was very quiet, too. I would choose this over the boardroom assuming there's plenty of time between flights.
Old Dec 25, 2015, 12:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by Bretmd
Was just there for the first time a few days ago. The complimentary wine and liquor selection is much better than the boardroom. Was pleasantly surprised by real champagne! Was very quiet, too. I would choose this over the boardroom assuming there's plenty of time between flights.
The clubs at xyz are always pretty great for their size. Their selection of drinks is great, they only have mid tier booze and above. I mean black label available for fewer, that's already great in my book.
Old Dec 25, 2015, 1:57 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Centurion. Far less crowded than the BR, nice views of the tarmac, excellent staff (Mal in particular is wonderful), decent food and drinks and good coffee.
Old Dec 25, 2015, 2:55 pm

Hey guys i had a similar question, in couple week me and my gf will be layover for 5 hour in Seatac. I am flying economic not with Air France, and i currently carry Amex platinum and Citi Exclusive card. Which lounge allow me and my gf enter for free? my gf doesn't have any card with Amex or Citi? in the past i try to enter Alaska broad room which they won't allow me to enter since i fly with southwest, so i just want to make sure which lounge allow me to go in, any tip would be appreciated thanks!
Old Dec 25, 2015, 4:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
5 hours? I'd leave the airport... that would be too long for me in any lounge there.
Old Dec 25, 2015, 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by newdaybegin
Hey guys i had a similar question, in couple week me and my gf will be layover for 5 hour in Seatac. I am flying economic not with Air France, and i currently carry Amex platinum and Citi Exclusive card. Which lounge allow me and my gf enter for free? my gf doesn't have any card with Amex or Citi? in the past i try to enter Alaska broad room which they won't allow me to enter since i fly with southwest, so i just want to make sure which lounge allow me to go in, any tip would be appreciated thanks!
If you have a Platinum Amex you can get one guest in with you.

Like most on here, I would agree. Centurion Studio is the best overall. But if you have flights in/out of N Satellite, the new N BR is not a bad place to pass the time.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 12:29 am

Originally Posted by beckoa
5 hours? I'd leave the airport... that would be too long for me in any lounge there.

I always affair to not make it back on time, since i don't know Seattle that well

Originally Posted by Single_Flyer

Like most on here, I would agree. Centurion Studio is the best overall. But if you have flights in/out of N Satellite, the new N BR is not a bad place to pass the time.
So N BR will allow me to enter their lounge using which card? amex or citi? they also allow 1 guest in for free like Centurion studio at N BR? thanks guys this help me a lot because i feel so embarrassment last time when Alaska won't allow me to enter their lounge
Old Dec 26, 2015, 8:33 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
The Centurion lounge is the only one that will let you bring a guest in for free with your AmEx. The boardroom will cost you $27/guest.

If you have Citi Prestige then you can bring a guest into the boardroom. That's why I ditched the AmEx and got the Citi Prestige card

Neil
Old Dec 26, 2015, 5:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by missamo80
The Centurion lounge is the only one that will let you bring a guest in for free with your AmEx. The boardroom will cost you $27/guest.

If you have Citi Prestige then you can bring a guest into the boardroom. That's why I ditched the AmEx and got the Citi Prestige card

Neil
I have both.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 8:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold; LEGO VIP, Amex Platinum, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
Centurion Studio allows a single guest with an Amex Platinum card

Board Room and "The Club" need a Priority Pass that you must apply for as an Amex Platinum user - it's free, but you must enroll to get Priority Pass. The Amex version does not allow free guests, they cost $27

I think the Citi Prestige card can get you a different Priority Pass that allows free guests, but again, you must apply for the Priority Pass account.

At no time do these 2 credit cards get you into the Boardroom for free - you MUST have Priority Pass. This is a simple process, but the card and PIN may take a short time to arrive.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by CRAZ8
Centurion Studio allows a single guest with an Amex Platinum card

Board Room and "The Club" need a Priority Pass that you must apply for as an Amex Platinum user - it's free, but you must enroll to get Priority Pass. The Amex version does not allow free guests, they cost $27

I think the Citi Prestige card can get you a different Priority Pass that allows free guests, but again, you must apply for the Priority Pass account.

At no time do these 2 credit cards get you into the Boardroom for free - you MUST have Priority Pass. This is a simple process, but the card and PIN may take a short time to arrive.
What pin? And if you want to use the lounge before getting your PP card, last Citi or amex know and you can charge on your card and they'll reimburse.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 1:36 am

Programs: AS MVPG; WN A-List; Marriott Plat; IHG Plat; HH Diamond; all the rest
Originally Posted by hiima
What pin? And if you want to use the lounge before getting your PP card, last Citi or amex know and you can charge on your card and they'll reimburse.
Or, if you call in to Amex to sign up for PP and ask the Amex agent, you can get your PP membership number right then. I was able to use just the number to get into one club, without the card.

Back to the topic: I prefer the food, drinks and atmosphere at the Centurion Studio at SEA, but the new N board room is convenient.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 9:38 am

I'm flying out of SEA on the 7th and am going to be there a couple hours early so I'm planning on going to the Centurion lounge and The Club since I think the champagne that they offer is really quite decent. If I have some extra time I'm going to try to try the new BR as well.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 9:45 am

Programs: AS MVP , Delta Gold Medallion, "Credit Card" status for various hotels
Originally Posted by surehit49
I'm flying out of SEA on the 7th and am going to be there a couple hours early so I'm planning on going to the Centurion lounge and The Club since I think the champagne that they offer is really quite decent. If I have some extra time I'm going to try to try the new BR as well.
FYI The champagne in the club at SEA is Laurent-Perrier Brut. Retails around $30/bottle give or take.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 10:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold; LEGO VIP, Amex Platinum, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by hiima
The PIN is for their new Priority Pass phone app that doubles as a card, if you've enabled it with the PIN they send you. I managed to throw mine away, so I continue to carry around the physical card

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.