Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Search method for best priced Mileage Runs?

Old Dec 16, 15, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MVPG 75K

Does anyone know of a good method for finding the best priced Mileage Runs in the next couple of weeks? Had a kid, and changed jobs, and my mileage dipped a lot this year.

Have been trying to search random city combinations, but it's a fairly time consuming process, and just wondered if anyone had a method that was more efficient. Looking for Transcon options for as many miles as possible.

Thanks!
Old Dec 16, 15, 2:16 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Titanium
Google Flights and ITA Software. Going to be expensive to do MRs from now until EOY so your CPM might be higher than normal. If it's easier to qualify off partner metal, I recommend taking a look at fares to China on AA, especially if you have a Chinese visa.
Old Dec 16, 15, 2:26 pm

Programs: AC/AS/5T
Depending on the flash sale deals tonight, might be some opportunities to get some transcon flights at a discount, or possibly some cheap Hawaii fares. I'd keep an eye out on the MR deals forum for any AA flights as well, solely due to the mile for mile conversion.

Whereabouts are you based?
Old Dec 16, 15, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by tahoeskier View Post
Have been trying to search random city combinations, but it's a fairly time consuming process, and just wondered if anyone had a method that was more efficient. Looking for Transcon options for as many miles as possible.

Thanks!
ITA Matrix, as recommended above (using the advanced routing code feature AS+), to destinations served by low cost carriers like Frontier, Allegiant, and Spirit. Look at routes served by JetBlue and Southwest, too; selectively DL or AA where there's a grudge match.

I see same-day SEA-Orlando at $603. SEA-BOS at $418 on 12/31.
Old Dec 16, 15, 3:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MVPG 75K
Thanks for the replies so far everyone. Based in Seattle.
Old Dec 16, 15, 4:48 pm

Programs: AS MVP, A3 Gold, IHG Spire
Use ITA advanced routing options. Also put in multiple destinations. I typically put in all of AS East Coast destinations.

I had to book AA and quailify via partner flights this year, not much was pricing good on AS thru end of Dec.
Old Dec 16, 15, 5:02 pm

With just the way AS books their flights, mileage runs are really hard to find. I'd look for any specials to places like Orlando, Newark, or a cheap turnaround to Hawaii. The days of DEQM promotions are long gone.
Old Dec 16, 15, 7:46 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Flash sale going on tonight only, SEA-IAD $99 OW

Search this Thread
Search Engine: