Search
Old Apr 11, 2016, 1:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ashill
New Thread with 738 Fleet Tracking

739 thread with fleet tracking

Original Press Release

Originally Posted by alaskaair.com/newsroom
Seats in the Premium Class section will have at least 35" of pitch, compared to 31" to 32" in the rest of the main cabin. To make room for the Premium Class while maintaining pitch in the main cabin, Alaska will reconfigure and reduce the number of seats available on some aircraft. Also, pitch in the First Class cabin will be increased from 36" to 41" providing a significantly enhanced experience for those customers.

Code:
 Model     Fleet count       Current seats           Reconfigured cabin
 (First class/Main cabin)(First class/Premium class/Main)

737-800       61               16/147                    12/30/117

737-900/900ER 77               16/165                    16/24/138

E175          15               12/64                     12/12/52
737-800s: Rows 6-10 are Premium
737-900/900ERs: Rows 6-9 are Premium

All 737-800s have been converted. 737-900s now in work. All aircraft to be complete by end of 2017.

Snack Box info from AKCuisine and Post 514:

3" x 3" x 2" box weighing in at 2.17 ounces. It's also "locally sourced - which translates to "Distributed by Oakfield Farms Solutions LLC, Grapevine, Texas."

Inside the box is 1.16 oz of Craisins (110 cal); 0.63 oz of unsalted almonds (100 cal); and a 0.375 oz square of Ghirardelli chocolate (50 cals) - total, 260 calories.
Print Wikipost

Premium Class Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2017, 8:19 am

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
I have not made a new reservation recently - is there still the 2 different boxes to check/not check - "upgrade to First" and/or "upgrade to Premium"?
I don't know. Maybe someone else does. I book almost all of my travel through a work portal and the options don't appear in Concur.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 3:06 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Is the Premium Class service any different on redeyes?

Have LAX-ANC coming up. Got an email that Premium Class was no longer available, so got $25 vouchers (was in Row 6, so all good), but now Premium Class is back on the plane. Not a bad deal!
Old Aug 23, 2017, 6:32 pm

Programs: AS MVPG; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by MAH4546
Is the Premium Class service any different on redeyes?

Have LAX-ANC coming up. Got an email that Premium Class was no longer available, so got $25 vouchers (was in Row 6, so all good), but now Premium Class is back on the plane. Not a bad deal!
I'm interested as well. I have a couple of transcons in first coming up.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 6:53 pm

Programs: AS 75k
I have not made a new reservation recently - is there still the 2 different boxes to check/not check - "upgrade to First" and/or "upgrade to Premium"?
I just booked a couple flights last night; the upgrade options remain as you describe them.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 7:03 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by WestSideBilly
I just booked a couple flights last night; the upgrade options remain as you describe them.
Interesting...given the new language, if you book in the exit row, and check "upgrade to premium"....what happens??
Old Aug 23, 2017, 7:06 pm

Programs: AS 75k
I don't know, I usually just book 10A and count on the upgrade to PE or F. Might not be a great strategy if the windows get blocked out early.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 7:35 pm

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Interesting...given the new language, if you book in the exit row, and check "upgrade to premium"....what happens??
I noticed when I checked in for my flight during OLCI that I was given the option to upgrade to PC, even though I was in an exit row. I didn't check it.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 1:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
1) Exit rows on AS 737's have seatback tray tables like most of the seats (aside from F and row 6).

2) I was pleasantly surprised by my PE seat yesterday. My SDC did not yield an upgrade, but the FA's took good care of us. My legs did take up the whole room under the seat (occasionally playing footsie with the pax in row 6 ) but happy overall. Still prefer the exit row, but the snack was good.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 9:04 am

Programs: AS 100K
Meh. While I didn't mind the legroom, I wasn't impressed by the tiniest snack box I'd ever seen. I was also expecting some rebranding/refreshing of the seats themselves, but they were the same old seats I've been seeing for years except with more pitch. Not a drinker, so don't really take advantage of that perk.

I'd seen some sort of advert/card that showed the new seating with better location for power and a back of the seat system that was made to hold tablets for viewing.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 10:30 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by clarrkkent
I'd seen some sort of advert/card that showed the new seating with better location for power and a back of the seat system that was made to hold tablets for viewing.
The cabin refresh is scheduled to start next year. Hasn't happened yet.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 12:02 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
What happens is if you get the premium upgrade they will move you to a window or aisle in the premium class section. I am 6'2" and have no issue with leg room in PC, and I prefer to be closer to the front anyway.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 12:06 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Alaska won't upgrade you out of an exit row into Premium Economy. They explicitly mention this on their FAQ page, and based on my colleague's experience this week it's true. She was in row 17 aisle, and we left with two empty aisle seats in PC. She was next in line for an upgrade.

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...-upgrades.aspx

Will I be upgraded if I'm sitting in an exit row?

If you have a seat in an exit row when your upgrade window arrives, you will not be moved to Premium Class.
Neil
pbelmore likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 5:12 am

Programs: AS MVP
Originally Posted by clarrkkent
Meh. While I didn't mind the legroom, I wasn't impressed by the tiniest snack box I'd ever seen. I was also expecting some rebranding/refreshing of the seats themselves, but they were the same old seats I've been seeing for years except with more pitch. Not a drinker, so don't really take advantage of that perk.

The headrests in PC have been recovered to identify that they are different seats from those in the main cabin.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 7:13 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by missamo80
Alaska won't upgrade you out of an exit row into Premium Economy. They explicitly mention this on their FAQ page, and based on my colleague's experience this week it's true. She was in row 17 aisle, and we left with two empty aisle seats in PC. She was next in line for an upgrade.

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...-upgrades.aspx

Neil
Yes, but this is NEW language and policy. I'm very happy for the change since I don't care for PE, but I'm just wondering what happens if you initially reserve the exit row but really want the "upgrade" to PE? Do you have to reserve a regular (non exit row) seat and hope? And if you don't get upgraded you're stuck in row 22?

(Now, did she check "do not upgrade to PE" when she made the reservation, as someone mentioned that choice is still there? If so, the new system works great).
Old Aug 25, 2017, 7:32 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Yes, regular and hope. Or book exit and if you're next on the UG list at the gate and there's a seat open ask the agent to do it for you.

Neil

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.