Old Apr 11, 2016, 1:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ashill
New Thread with 738 Fleet Tracking

739 thread with fleet tracking

Original Press Release

Originally Posted by alaskaair.com/newsroom
Seats in the Premium Class section will have at least 35" of pitch, compared to 31" to 32" in the rest of the main cabin. To make room for the Premium Class while maintaining pitch in the main cabin, Alaska will reconfigure and reduce the number of seats available on some aircraft. Also, pitch in the First Class cabin will be increased from 36" to 41" providing a significantly enhanced experience for those customers.

Code:
 Model     Fleet count       Current seats           Reconfigured cabin
 (First class/Main cabin)(First class/Premium class/Main)

737-800       61               16/147                    12/30/117

737-900/900ER 77               16/165                    16/24/138

E175          15               12/64                     12/12/52
737-800s: Rows 6-10 are Premium
737-900/900ERs: Rows 6-9 are Premium

All 737-800s have been converted. 737-900s now in work. All aircraft to be complete by end of 2017.

Snack Box info from AKCuisine and Post 514:

3" x 3" x 2" box weighing in at 2.17 ounces. It's also "locally sourced - which translates to "Distributed by Oakfield Farms Solutions LLC, Grapevine, Texas."

Inside the box is 1.16 oz of Craisins (110 cal); 0.63 oz of unsalted almonds (100 cal); and a 0.375 oz square of Ghirardelli chocolate (50 cals) - total, 260 calories.
Print Wikipost

Premium Class Discussion

Old Feb 27, 2020, 10:59 am

Premium class seating was $74 on both outbound and return legs last week, SFO-SJD. Pricing has dropped to $64 on both legs. Over 2/3 of PCs seats remain available on both legs. Flights are about 4+ weeks out. Economy full on the outbound, and about 18 econ seats open on the return.. Any ideas if/when price will continue to drop?
Old Feb 27, 2020, 11:25 am

Programs: AS MVPG75k
Originally Posted by Troopers
Premium class seating was $74 on both outbound and return legs last week, SFO-SJD. Pricing has dropped to $64 on both legs. Over 2/3 of PCs seats remain available on both legs. Flights are about 4+ weeks out. Economy full on the outbound, and about 18 econ seats open on the return.. Any ideas if/when price will continue to drop?
In my experience, prices don't drop on premium normally. AS may be playing around with more dynamic pricing, as they have said on earnings calls was coming.

By now, one would think their data science team(or person?) would have sufficient data points on each flight to know what price people buy up at. Without any decent food offering included, the value prob is weak for everyone except boozehounds and extra tall people.
Old Aug 31, 2020, 10:10 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
I often see row 6 open in the weeks leading up to a flight, with the rows behind it filled. My (probably very faulty) assumption is that those are people who paid for the upgrade, looked at SeatGuru or the like, and saw that row 6 is marked as "Be Aware". I personally think that row 6 is far superior, even with the tray table in the armrest. Sometimes, I try to look even further into my crystal ball and make assumptions about upgrade probability based on row 6 being open, thinking that no 75K would select another row over it at booking. Are there any 75Ks, or anyone for that matter, who avoids row 6 when booking?
Old Aug 31, 2020, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
I often see row 6 open in the weeks leading up to a flight, with the rows behind it filled. My (probably very faulty) assumption is that those are people who paid for the upgrade, looked at SeatGuru or the like, and saw that row 6 is marked as "Be Aware". I personally think that row 6 is far superior, even with the tray table in the armrest. Sometimes, I try to look even further into my crystal ball and make assumptions about upgrade probability based on row 6 being open, thinking that no 75K would select another row over it at booking. Are there any 75Ks, or anyone for that matter, who avoids row 6 when booking?
I'm on a refurbished A320 later in the year and currently in row 7 because I really like the tablet holders in the back of the seats and I don't think that exists for row 6 seats. I do agree though that row 6 is my row of choice if I don't get upgraded although I still think row 17 has more legroom so if I'm not traveling with my kids, I will typically stay in row 17. I am always a bit surprised by the # of premium class seats that people actually pay for (non-elites) because I too use that information as a rough way of checking upgrade possibilities so when there are only a few people left on the upgrade list and tons of premium class seats taken, it seems somewhat unexpected.
NoLaGent likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2020, 12:49 pm

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold100k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
I have been booking row 7 lately, on the E175 the window is offset, so I might even consider row 8 on those planes. Only 1 trans-con so far this year, furthest east otherwise has been to Montana. I book row 7 cause of the tablet holder and not liking the tray holder in the arm rest.
Old Aug 31, 2020, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ctporter
I have been booking row 7 lately, on the E175 the window is offset, so I might even consider row 8 on those planes. Only 1 trans-con so far this year, furthest east otherwise has been to Montana. I book row 7 cause of the tablet holder and not liking the tray holder in the arm rest.
That's my major gripe with the otherwise wonderful E175....horribly aligned windows just about everywhere.
Old Aug 31, 2020, 3:19 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
2nd row of exit/window on either Boeing or Airbus. I have long legs and love a window. 2A on the E175, I've never flown coach on it before, so can't offer insight there.
Old Sep 1, 2020, 1:45 pm

Programs: AS / CSR / AMEX
so what's the deal with COVID-era Premium Class?

I heard airlines aren't doing snacks/beverage service in the Main Cabin anymore, but was wondering if that was different for AS Premium?
Old Sep 1, 2020, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by akelkar
so what's the deal with COVID-era Premium Class?

I heard airlines aren't doing snacks/beverage service in the Main Cabin anymore, but was wondering if that was different for AS Premium?
Flew Premium Class from SEA-MCO earlier this month and we had the standard (COVID) beverage service and two snacks (savory and sweet)....I've always received the Premium Class "special" snack, but always in place of not in addition to the Biscoffs, but this time I got both!
Old Apr 19, 2021, 4:10 pm

Hey All,

I'm looking to fly from LAX to the NYC area in July. Flight is Alaska Airlines 512 on Boeing 737-800. Econ seats are $299 and looks like Premium Econ upgrade is +$119 ($418 total per seat), I'm considering the upgrade. Family trip, so 2 kids and 2 adults. Is it worth the cost? Other alternative is Delta Comfort+ for $438. Thank you in advance for your opinions/input!

Also does anyone know is Sapphire Reserve airline fee credit would work for the +$119 seat upgrade charge?

Last edited by Cynapse; Apr 19, 2021 at 4:25 pm
Old Apr 19, 2021, 4:39 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by Cynapse
Hey All,

I'm looking to fly from LAX to the NYC area in July. Flight is Alaska Airlines 512 on Boeing 737-800. Econ seats are $299 and looks like Premium Econ upgrade is +$119 ($418 total per seat), I'm considering the upgrade. Family trip, so 2 kids and 2 adults. Is it worth the cost? Other alternative is Delta Comfort+ for $438. Thank you in advance for your opinions/input!

Also does anyone know is Sapphire Reserve airline fee credit would work for the +$119 seat upgrade charge?
Unless you and/or your partner are over 6" tall, I wouldn't even consider it. It would be completely wasted on children and I don't think they load enough liquor on the plane should you to try and recoup your nearly $500 investment that way. The same advice applies for Comfort Plus on Delta - skip it.

Sapphire Reserve will cover any part of the trip, whether that be the upgrade or the actual ticket.
be_rettSEA, Cynapse and mtofell like this.
Old Apr 19, 2021, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Cynapse
Hey All,

$119? Yikes...that's about what the ticket should cost in the first place. With the empty middle seat, it's MAYBE worth it, but without seat blocking--no way.
Old Apr 19, 2021, 7:50 pm

Okay, thanks for the input. Yeah main cabin is $299 so I'll probably just end up paying that for the family. Prices have definitely started to go up, and that is for the 4th of July weekend so that is probably providing for some of the price increase.
Old Apr 19, 2021, 9:11 pm

Programs: AS 75K
I do the majority of my flying alone and 98% of the time get at least PC upgrade which is nice. When flying with the family I find coach really isn't too bad since we all know each other.... no stranger armrest fights, bathroom requests, awkward moments rubbing shoulders, etc. Basically, I can flop over into my kids' real estate so it's manageable.
williwaw and Cynapse like this.
Old Apr 19, 2021, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I can't believe I'm saying this but I've actually had more trouble finding an available PC seat when my elite window opens than getting upgraded to F...it's really odd how many PC seats are filled at T-72.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.